• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

EhoaVash

11390026466_4d12d1b5b5_o.jpg

11390005994_b212ea78a5_o.jpg

11390151984_17516813bb_o.jpg

lost so many lives in this level.

nib95

Banned
When I see this :

ibbLzEScmgE5qj.jpg

BbE47SJIMAAFyUU.jpg:orig

VS that :

iKJpI6LHG8DF1.png

i4qxrzLi7dymj.png

At least, all I can say is that light and shaders (materials render) are definitely on the side of KZSF.

Shadow Fall definitely looks better in this comparison. Shaders, lighting and textures wise. Don't know how much is art and how much is technical, but overall KZ is better realised and more believable imo.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Edit : My main problem with cryengine3, is its inability to render metal properly.
775167.gif

it has physics-based shading, so it's probably the difference between your mental image of metal and real life. But artists can mess up roughness and metallic parameters for metal. I seriously doubt that's the case here.

it has physics-based shading, so it's probably the difference between your mental image of metal and real life. But artists can mess up roughness and metallic parameters for metal. I seriously doubt that's the case here.

Yeah, I always though metals were rendered pretty well in Crysis. Low res texturing on metallic surface is apparent in places which obviously detracts from some things looking any good.

KHlover

Banned
Are steam machine screenshots allowed?
Hit OP with a PM. I personally see Steam Machines as PC's with a restricted OS and wouldn't allow them (esp. since games don't look the same on each Steam Machine, making comparisons pointless), but ofc my own opinion is not really relevant.

Hit OP with a PM. I personally see Steam Machines as PC's with a restricted OS and wouldn't allow them (esp. since games don't look the same on each Steam Machine, making comparisons pointless), but ofc my own opinion is not really relevant.

I agree 100%. They're not consoles.

Shadow Fall definitely looks better in this comparison. Shaders, lighting and textures wise. Don't know how much is art and how much is technical, but overall KZ is better realised and more believable imo.

I don't know. The only difference I can really tell is the time of day is different and KZ seems slightly shinier.

Ardenyal

PS4 version?

The stage and the amount of enemies look different from what I've played. There's just more happening in the image, compared to what I've played. I guess it changes after the first few levels? If so, I'll have to go back to it.

PS4.

Yeah you need to get into some survivals and defense missions to see how crazy it can get at times :)

That shot was from one of the earlier defense missions, wave 3 i think so not that action heavy and why i thought it was still ok to stop and take pictures.

Melchiah

PS4.

Yeah you need to get into some survivals and defense missions to see how crazy it can get at times :)

That shot was from one of the earlier defense missions, wave 3 i think so not that action heavy and why i thought it was still ok to stop and take pictures.

Thanks for the info, I'll try the game again then. =) The first few missions were quite barren, as there weren't many enemies in the sprawling areas, and everyone seemed to run on their own.

low-G

No, CryEngine 3 clearly gets stuff wrong. Physics-based rendering (taking light samples from actual materials) can be screwed up too, and the engine can fail to express those aspects of a material correctly (for the sake of speed). I'm guessing its the latter. CryEngine 3 is simplified for performance sake.

KKRT00

No, CryEngine 3 clearly gets stuff wrong. Physics-based rendering (taking light samples from actual materials) can be screwed up too, and the engine can fail to express those aspects of a material correctly (for the sake of speed). I'm guessing its the latter. CryEngine 3 is simplified for performance sake.

You're wrong and You are making stuff up.

10175782683_7fde64c645_o.jpg

10175730976_dc14c19720_o.jpg

dr guildo

You're wrong and You are making stuff up.

10175782683_7fde64c645_o.jpg

10175730976_dc14c19720_o.jpg

Low-G was speaking about the inability of this engine to render materials properly for the sake of speed, so it means during in-game context and exclusively during it.
Your car is rendered properly, no doubt, metal looks like metal (despite I'm still thinking GT6 metal rendering is far above), but this is a tech demo on a black background.

11247958423_c9043b42d7_c.jpg

KKRT00

Low-G was speaking about the inability of this engine to render materials properly for the sake of speed, so it means during in-game context and exclusively during it.
Your car is rendered properly, no doubt, metal looks like metal (despite I'm still thinking GT6 metal rendering is far above), but this is a tech demo on a black background.

I agree that Polyphony has wizard in terms of realistic material properties, but its not engine limitation, but setting up right properties and lighting conditions.

And there is no even option to increase precision of rendering buffers in SDK. Materials look exactly the same, no matter if thats gameplay or cutscene.
And metal looks great in Ryse, like leather, fur or marble or any other material. There is nothing wrong with them.

Like look at this fur shading, its outstanding.
11088734005_1c01dbe2fa_o.png

Or marble or gold and other metals here
11073581906_fba43bdcb1_o.png

Angelcurio

I need some help regarding the share funtion of the PS4. I decided to share part of the intro cutscene in Battlefield 4, but i just received a notification on facebook for violation of copyright material. I want to know if this is normal, because i can´t see the use of sharing videos from consoles on facebook if the publishers are going to flags those videos as copyright material.

Top Bottom