• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A bit OT, but I really wish people would stop hyperlinking their images. Just post them normally so I can click to expand them to their full size. A new tab opening when trying to do this on some images is highly annoying. If I do want to view an image in a separate tab I can just right click it and do that myself.

dr guildo

Bb2lze9IUAACChu.jpg:orig

Bb2lQrKIEAAg6jn.jpg:orig

Bb2k7irIIAAsC-0.jpg:orig

If only it was native 1080p.

Oddly, I don't manage to be impressed by any BF4 footages in this thread and it's not the fault of your screenshots, Ardenyal, far from it, but it makes so last gen by comparison to KZSF, ... Essentialy on the materials department which sounds so poor. On the other hand, FX seems great, mainly particles.

A bit OT, but I really wish people would stop hyperlinking their images. Just post them normally so I can click to expand them to their full size. A new tab opening when trying to do this on some images is highly annoying. If I do want to view an image in a separate tab I can just right click it and do that myself.

I second this

I guess the image hoster want's to get money through advertising clicks. That's what they state in their link descriptions on abload.de anyways.
To be honest, i always thought it was annoying myself and was already thinking about direkt-linking the images again. Though i feel a little bit guilty for doing so, it's a free image hosting site after all and not a bad one at the same time. But i think they'll manage.

dr guildo

These are great. I used to do comps with last gen games.
I just made two from the same area :D

11451973276_8f6a9e4ed4_o.png

11451911624_60a2023e19_o.png

joel_banderas.gif

No but those footages of ZombieU are insane, I don't get it, how a Wii U can produce such scenes like this ?!
icon_scratch.png

Ok, kudos to the artists, but come on...
It's definitely screenshots that impressed me the most
795286.gif
. I can't even believe that.
134245.gif

Edit : When I see those screenshots, It makes sense to get that on PS4/X1 :
the-division1-650x365.jpg

And I'm thinking that this is the least we are entitled to expect...

Goty 2012

The intersting thing about it is, from a gameplay perspective i think it really would have deserved it. If someone has the slightest interst in survival horror games and innovative gameplay mechanics (now this reads as if it's a marketing phrase lol) you need to play this game.

Oddly, I don't manage to be impressed by any BF4 footages in this thread and it's not the fault of your screenshots, Ardenyal, far from it, but it makes so last gen by comparison to KZSF, ... Essentialy on the materials department which sounds so poor. On the other hand, FX seems great, mainly particles.

Have you seen the shots of BF4 i posted in page 89 and 75?? Just check them out buddy!

The intersting thing about it is, from a gameplay perspective i think it really would have deserved it. If someone has the slightest interst in survival horror games and innovative gameplay mechanics (now this reads as if it's a marketing phrase lol) you need to play this game.

As a person who loves survival horror games i still can´t believe we got a game like this in todays market. And i still can´t believe the reception it got from the gaming press. I was waiting for a game like this for my entire life. It´s finally there and then it´s not shootbang enough? Seriously?

Will take some pics myself later this evening. ^^

Timu

Man, whenever someone posts direct captures of MP I swear it looks entirely different than it does on my TV. It looks blurry as fuck when I play but the image quality in these shots is decent.
Strange, I guess it's due to the capture card capturing it at it's best direct quality, but I don't play on a TV, I play on a PC monitor.=O

OryoN

No but those footages of ZombieU are insane, I don't get it, how a Wii U can produce such scenes like this ?!
Ok, kudos to the artists, but come on...

As much detail as they packed into the environments, it really blows my mind that they achieved this in a launch game, with immature tools/kits, on an architecture that was 'new' to them, with a modest budget. Clearly, Wii U has lots of potential for growth, in the right hands.

Edit : When I see those screenshots, It makes sense to get that on PS4/X1 :
For all the reasons I mentioned above, this is why I think The Division should look very similar to the initial reveal. Even if the fidelity on consoles is dialed back a bit, they should at least be able to get that amount of detail in the environments.

I set the sharpness of my set using test patterns, it's perfect for everything else. The game has a strong blur in MP due to only using FXAA and not the TSSAA used in the campaign.

The MP can get blurry when sprinting/moving, but when standing still or going slowly I don't really notice blur.

Some ACIV shots; I swear on a large screen TV this game can look stunning at times; the 1080p native resolution makes such a world of difference. It's a cross-gen, launch, open world game game, and the environments are better than Sony's linear 1st party offerings that are on the PS3.

iPF5INmPRJWIr.jpg

iC8dG5yki1PZE.jpg

ibzrbSELkQvEd9.jpg

I've also noticed that this game seems to suffer far more FB compression than KZ for whatever reason.

VanWinkle

I set the sharpness of my set using test patterns, it's perfect for everything else. The game has a strong blur in MP due to only using FXAA and not the TSSAA used in the campaign.

Actually, the MP screenshots people are posting are probably at a standstill, where the game is significantly less blurry than while you're moving. I'd say that's probably why.

Portugeezer

The MP can get blurry when sprinting/moving, but when standing still or going slowly I don't really notice blur.

Some ACIV shots; I swear on a large screen TV this game can look stunning at times; the 1080p native resolution makes such a world of difference. It's a cross-gen, launch, open world game game, and the environments are better than Sony's linear 1st party offerings that are on the PS3.

I've also noticed that this game seems to suffer far more FB compression than KZ for whatever reason.
Killzone has a clean sci-fi look to it, suffers less with compression. AC4 has a lot of little fine details with trees and varying textures.

AC4 looks great on PS4, I love the detail, next gen AC is going to look amazing (though I'd prefer if they fix some AI issues, because that does feel old now). IDK, re-sizing them helps but not as high res. Some of my screens:

untitled-3aucy1.jpg

untitled-1aqfy7.jpg

untitled-2vecgd.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
ac4 is amazing looking but am i only one to think its almost too crisp? i mean there sseems to be some weird shimering/flicking sometimes...mostly on grounds

Killzone has a clean sci-fi look to it, suffers less with compression. AC4 has a lot of little fine details with trees and varying textures.

AC4 looks great on PS4, I love the detail, next gen AC is going to look amazing (though I'd prefer if they fix some AI issues, because that does feel old now). IDK, re-sizing them helps but not as high res. Some of my screens:

untitled-3aucy1.jpg

untitled-1aqfy7.jpg

untitled-2vecgd.jpg

That makes sense. Yeah, AC is beautiful.

Ricky_R

Yeah, but I've seen some really compressed as hell KZ shots with quite a bit of artifacts.

I think nobody's questioning that. His point was that (in his case) taking screenshots from two different games, with the same method, resulted in one of them (KZ in this case) being less compressed.

He isn't saying that KZ doesn't get compressed ever.

Timu

I think nobody's questioning that. His point was that (in his case) taking screenshots from two different games, with the same method, resulted in one of them (KZ in this case) being less compressed.

He isn't saying that KZ doesn't get compressed ever.
Fair enough, I misunderstood that.

Top Bottom