• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noshino

Ok, they upped their game a lot compared to the first half.

And it might not be top notch, but its far more entertaining than than the 4 previous matches.

Salsa

wow, asshole referee, they should have given us that last chance.

Anyway, a damn shame on what its turning out to be a mediocre cup.

We still played a damn good game, shortcomings on the midfield, but otherwise im happy. A damn shame, we played the much, much better game.

disappointed in cachavacha though, cant believe he missed that goal when he was alone.

Too many missed opportunities, too many distractions, but we are solid. Still gonna win this thing i tell you.

Noshino

UFF, GUERRERO

I dont like Guerrero, but the dude at least looks for the ball and never gives up.

Good match Uruguay Peru, more entertaining than the rest.

rodvik

Corto said:
Peru brought some real danger to Uruguay goalie in these last minutes with counter attacks...

Yeah. By the way, shout out to the Peru keeper. Good game and every time he was caught on camera he had a huge grin on his face, obviously having a blast.

Regulus Tera said:
Draws.

Draws everywhere.
Picture%2B027.jpg

dacuk

OP, thanks for ignoring my country on your list!

... even if I know we are not going anywhere on la Copa...

Edit: Stupid comment from mine is stupid, as I just skipped that part....

Lo siento, Regulus!

Ahora me veré forzado a ver repeticiones de la Carabina de Ambrosio como castigo...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll be happy if Mexico loses by less than three.

daCuk said:
OP, thanks for ignoring my country on your list!

... even if I know we are not going anywhere on la Copa...

I did? I count twelve teams.

Corto

K1LLER7 said:
hopefully we get a winner in the chile and mexico game. mexico 2-1. anyone from uk gaf staying up to watch?

I'm saving my sleep to the Argentina X COlombia this wednesday. ;) Not uk, but same timezone.

Niks

Corto said:
I'm saving my sleep to the Argentina X COlombia this wednesday. ;) Not uk, but same timezone.

Yeah, second round is where the real matches start.
ARG pressured to win, should be good.

rodvik

SalsaShark said:
im wide awake mang!

what's your take on the winner? im judging by performances so far, and ours was the best.

You didnt ask but I am gonna answer anyway :) Seems like a wide open tourney from what I can see. Uruguay played the best of the favourites imho but only just. With that world class attacking 3 I expected to see more chances to be honest. Still its early days. It will be interesting to see the next match tonight, see if anybody bosses it.

K1LLER7

Corto said:
might miss that one, plus I can't sleep because of the heat.
its pretty hard to find a smooth stream :(

Salsa

rodvik said:
You didnt ask but I am gonna answer anyway :) Seems like a wide open tourney from what I can see. Uruguay played the best of the favourites imho but only just. With that world class attacking 3 I expected to see more chances to be honest. Still its early days. It will be interesting to see the next match tonight, see if anybody bosses it.

I think we had many opportunities and some solid plays here and there. The thing is that we didnt take many opportunities that were Peru fuckups. They lost the ball by themselves planty of time and we didnt take advantage of it, we needed to get more pressure going. I thought Tabarez was doing that when he made the change of Lodeiro and Cavani for Cebolla and la Joya, but no dice.

I mean no disrespect to Peru at all, and my hat goes off to their goalie, but we just couldnt tie this game, it really is a shame, cause it wasnt deserved.

I know im super biased and wont shut up about it, but Argentina and Brazil played terrible, TERRIBLE matches, and those were my fears. As of now i think we could take both, so i have my hopes up.

Noshino

rodvik said:

Sorry, Cavani and Lodeiro played like shit.

And yeah, I agree that all the bets are off, the tournament looks a lot more even lol

Fersis said:
NEVERRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!

;___;

OPEN YOUR EYES, LOOK AT IT

SalsaShark said:
I think we had many opportunities and some solid plays here and there. The thing is that we didnt take many opportunities that were Peru fuckups. They lost the ball by themselves planty of time and we didnt take advantage of it, we needed to get more pressure going. I thought Tabarez was doing that when he made the change of Lodeiro and Cavani for Cebolla and la Joya, but no dice.

I mean no disrespect to Peru at all, and my hat goes off to their goalie, but we just couldnt tie this game, it really is a shame, cause it wasnt deserved.

I know im super biased and wont shut up about it, but Argentina and Brazil played terrible, TERRIBLE matches, and those were my fears. As of now i think we could take both, so i have my hopes up.

Sorry, but if you can't take advantage of that many fuckups from Peru, then you simply dont deserve it. Period.

rodvik

SalsaShark said:

Its not just bias they did from my semi neutral perspective as well. But you know that both Argentina and Brazil are more than capable of starting slow and building up a head of steam over some games.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
France vs Mexico: Goddamn these French are so scrappy. THANK YOU BASED RICHARD SÁNCHEZ

Chile vs Mexico: ¡Vamos chavos! ¡FUERZA CHIVA!

rodvik

Noshino said:
Sorry, Cavani and Lodeiro played like shit.

Fair comment. Surprised at Cavani, he has been huge in serie A this season, I expected him to take this tourney by storm.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Regulus Tera said:
France vs Mexico: Goddamn these French are so scrappy. THANK YOU BASED RICHARD SÁNCHEZ

Chile vs Mexico: ¡Vamos chavos! ¡FUERZA CHIVA!

that Fierro kid looks like a BEAST

Now, now, I'm not saying that'll happen again. Colombia is horribly inconsistent match-to-match, never mind almost 20 years between that matchup and this one.

But I am saying we EMBARRASSED your Argentinian asses in YO MOST IMPORTANT STADIUM and it can happen again, is all.

In all seriousness, I have respect for Argentinian fútbol and the crowd back then showed class by applauding us. Let's hope for a good, respectful match, eh?

COLOMBIA COLOMBIA COLOMBIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom