• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Looks like I know who to cheer for tomorrow night. Viva Mexico!

Chicharito Hernandez ‏@CH14_ 2h2 hours ago

Un sueño hecho realidad… Gracias @JJWatt !!!

A dream come true… Thank you @JJWatt !!!

CkzKp-pUoAEj-YY.jpg:large

v1lla21

Looks like I know who to cheer for tomorrow night. Viva Mexico!

Chicharito Hernandez ‏@CH14_ 2h2 hours ago

Un sueño hecho realidad… Gracias @JJWatt !!!

A dream come true… Thank you @JJWatt !!!

CkzKp-pUoAEj-YY.jpg:large
Hi, why they inside air balloon? Thanks
V1lla21 8)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
WWWTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF!!! Brazil out of the CA? wtf....fuuuuucccckkkk...I went to work for a few hours and this happens...jebus el crust...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What a fucking bullshit! How come the most popular sport in the fucking world still in the Stone Age? Motherfucking Fifa and their corrupt asses! They can go fuck themselves in their assholes. Fuck the everything and I hope Fifa burns to the motherfucking ground. Fucking bitches. I hope you all die.

This is what you get when you patronizingly complain about lesser teams being in a competition. Karma.

MrKaepora

Dunga is a donkey. Your team is losing,needs to win and you only do one sub - Hulk? Really?

Referee mistake or not Brazil didn't deserve to go through.

T-Rex.

Banned
Just caught up on the Brazil game. LOL. Why the hell did they bring Dunga back? It's sad to see what Brazil are like now compared to before, it's not as if they don't have the technical players either.

TheChamp

Dunga "The winners celebrate, the losers look for excuses." after Tulio's handball in the 95 Copa America
It might of took 21 years but karma got you back

I don't see why people think Mexico Fans find their team the best. Every single one crtticizes the team to no end. Even if we beat a big team. All of them are like "now win something to prove it wasn't a fluke". Also Chichados a joke name everybody have him, nobody thinks he's the best ever.

This one if the few times where we don't have controversial players other Rafa Marquez. All these guys are more Nice if anything. Except Chuy Corona, but you'll have to be watching Liga MX for know what's he's a bit controversial. Puts Zidanes head butt to shame

clemenx

Banned
I dislike Mexico football wise because their media is just too big. There's no reason for the rest of Latin America to get Chicharito worshipping on a regular basis.

They're the biggest latin market so it's understandable :p but still annoying.

I have nothing against Mexico. A strong Mexico is important to North America's and CONCACAF's standing in the soccer world.

I like a strong rivalry between the US and Mexico, since it sharpens both sides and forces them to get better before seeing tougher international sides. Since 2000, the US has absolutely owned Mexico with 13 wins, 6 losses, and 5 draws. While that record is good for winning battles of national pride and discussions of regional soccer dominance, it doesn't really benefit the USMNT in the long run.

DD

People are really surprised that Brazil is out? And people believe that Dunga is the real problem? Well, not that he's not, but...

The truth is: this is the worst team Brazil ever had. Yeah, our only good player wasn't there, sure, but it's not that Brazil sent a "B" team for not caring for this tournament. This is not the "B" team, it's just a bad "A" team without it's best player. And yes, Brazil did care about this tournament, and wanted to win this because this group has yet a lot to prove.

With that said, Brazil won't have a great team for at least another 30 years, and that being optimistic. "Why?", you may ask. Here's the reality: in the past, every neighborhood had it's own field and the kids played there or on the streets. Most of these areas are now occupied by condos and other stuff, and today the kids are more interest to their smartphones and tablets and video games and computers. And this is convenient for the parents, cuz' they don't need to worry about their kids on the streets. This means that the young aren't interested in football, and there are less and less talents being discovered.

Now look at Germany, who beat the shit of ourselves at our own home in 2014. They have a strong national football league, and they built lots and lots of fields in many neighborhoods around the country so the kids can have a place to have fun and maybe develop their talents as a sportsman.

Brazilians have this problem of expecting things to go well, but they usually don't mind the things that lead to the path of things actually going well. We love to root for the winner, but if you are not a winner, well, go f*ck yourself!

People are really surprised that Brazil is out? And people believe that Dunga is the real problem? Well, not that he's not, but...

I was calling Brasil mediocre since the beginning. I laughed so hard when I saw that chart with Brasil appearing among the favorites to win the Copa.

I was "Do the idiots who made this really watch football, ever?"

jrmanimal

I woke up today and saw the 1-0 for Peru and couldn't believe lol

CBF deserves all that and a little bit more. Now it's time to be ashamed at Olympics! Missing a World Cup for the first time is a reality too.

It's a mess. Dunga can't be the head coach. Guess it is easier to manipulate him. And all those old players acting as "advisors"? Ridiculous. Bring Neymar to just let him partying all over the US is dumb too. It is a mess.

If CBF were a serious organization with more objectives than just make money, they would've hired Tite ages ago. I hope Tite rejects them again. Good that we get Elias back sooner than expected too.

The team is actually okay, even with all players missing the tournament. The team is just underperfoming with a really bad staff and head coach. Brazil can't play against Peru and Ecuador and go scoreless.

Alebrije

no, these kinds of fans are insufferable:

no Mexico fan truly believes the team is the best. we're like the most cynical fans ever.

Yea the quantity of cynical fans is high , thanks to Televisa and propaganda, after all they want to sell its product the best way possible.

But after all Mexico has great chances if they go againts Chile next stage but Argentina is the candidate to win the coup , it seems is the only AAA team that is serious about this tournament

Yea the quantity of cynical fans is high , thanks to Televisa and propaganda, after all they want to sell its product the best way possible.

But after all Mexico has great chances if they go againts Chile next stage but Argentina is the candidate to win the coup , it seems is the only AAA team that is serious about this tournament

Have you really watched this Copa?

Colombia & Ecuador have been playing even better than Argentina, and both are using theirs A-Teams, just like Argentina. México hasn't been that good, but they are still an excellent team.

My candidates, are right now:

1.- Colombia/Ecuador
2.- Argentina
3.- México

Has there been an instance of a team doing a hand goal and not winning the tournament they're playing?

I'm pretty sure there are several examples but we only remember the ones where something transcendental happens because of that, like yesterday.

EDIT: Sorry, I read too fast. Do you mean a team like Perú that advances thanks to cheating yet ends as champion? If that's the case, hahaha I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom