• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozfan12

Banned
Mexico needs to win on Saturday. I already started talking all sorts of loads of shite to my Chilean friends, sending them all sorts of memes and foolishness. I might have drank a little too much. Por favor, Osorio, no hagas tus pendejadas.

Univision numbers have been huge:

- Univision leading the way in Copa America TV ratings with FOX Sports trailing behind
After the first week of Copa America Centenario matches, the TV ratings show a clear winner in the United States with Univision averaging 2.8 million viewers per game compared to FOX Sports, which is averaging 831,100 viewers per game on FOX Sports 1 (and an average of 716,417 when combined with FOX Sports 2 ratings).

It’s no surprise that Univision is leading the pack given that the tournament features mostly Latin teams that are more appealing to a Spanish-language audience. Plus, Univision has the advantage of featuring more games on its over-the-air network while FOX Sports has preferred to feature most of the games on FOX Sports 1 (presumably in an attempt to boost the network’s fledgling TV ratings).

Also, not surprisingly, Mexico is leading the way with larger viewing audiences (and attendances) at games played thus far. In fact, more people are watching USA games on Univision than they are on FOX Sports 1, which is quite telling.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Two things, though: 1) As that article points out, Univision is stealing a lot of Copa America viewers from FS1, and 2) I'm pretty sure ESPN is in more households than FS1.
Stealing? Or better programming and a dedicated hispanic base of viewership. Also fs1 sucks.

smoothj

I like my announcers getting hype like me when Mexico scores so it's Univision for me. FS1 isn't bad though. I liked how Landon Donovan kept it pretty real when speaking about players and the game commentating last nights Argentina game.

Straight to penalty kicks if a game is tied after 90 minutes...

2dd.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Extra times are rarely exciting or impactful because the players are already gassed and can barely hold a play at that point anyway.

Irnbru

damn, i'm jealous. have fun man. be loud!!

I was at the sounders game vs kitsap (zzzz game) for the us open today but I'm ready to shout louder tomorrow, woop woop! Will be my first time seeing the US play live, but at least I can trust the Seattlites to be as loud as my Mexican family. Haha. Heck centurylink made all 10k Peru fans sound super loud lol.

US - Ecuador tonight at 6:30pm PT.

Yedlin is out because of his bonehead red card, and it looks like Orozco will probably take his place with the rest of the US lineup remaining the same.
Players carrying a yellow card for the US: Orozco, Brooks, Johnson, Michael Bradley, Bobby Wood, Jermaine Jones and Alejandro Bedoya. If any of those players earn a yellow card on Thursday, they would be suspended for the semifinal if the U.S. advances to that round.

Previews:
- MLS Analyst: Tactical preview of US vs. Ecuador in Copa America
- Sciaretta for ASN: U.S. Men Face Knockout Round Challenge Thursday
- Grant Wahl: Michael Orozco a logical choice to play for U.S. against Ecuador
- SI: USA's Copa America quarterfinal a benchmark game for Ecuador, too
- ESPN: Can U.S. show it has learned from World Cup exit against Ecuador?
- SI: First look at USA's Copa America quarterfinal matchup vs. Ecuador
- ESPN: Michael Orozco ready to step in and do a job for the United States
- ESPN: What the United States can expect from Ecuador in Copa quarterfinal
- ASN: Thomas Rongen Recalls Bringing John Brooks to U.S.
- SI: John Brooks blossoms for the USA, embraces his dual-nationality

Power Rankings:
- SI: Copa America Power Rankings: Argentina, Mexico remain favorites
- ESPN: Argentina, Mexico top Copa America Power Rankings as quarterfinals loom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom