• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I forgot Yedlin comes back.

There is still hope...!

The young meme master himself.

Find out what happens on the next episode of USA soccer ball Z.

6anCh5q.jpg

LAM09

Dempsey involved in every goal for Amercia expect one. Can't see USA beating Argentina missing a few of their key players, but they've defied the odds before.

nahlakhai

Somewhat of a bittersweet win as we won't have 3 starters on top of probably facing the GOAT.

Wood is a freaking monster though. He didn't score but he was terrorizing them all game. Not sure who on Ecuador it was but should've gotten an instant red card for almost Liu Kanging Wood towards the end there.

The game totally changed when it became a 10v10. It was funny hearing Landon talk about sportsmanship in soccer. As much as the NBA is full of floppers and crybabies I think the USMNT is the toughest in the world.

Maybe I'm spoiled after watching De Gea, but Guzan looks like right shit. SERIOUS shit.

He's lucky his ass has Brooks in front of him. (Manchester United should be on the phone talking to Brooks TONIGHT) He's at least a decent backup center back.

So....

Jones...OUT

Wood... OUT

Bedoya...OUT

Three starters that played the previous 4 games are now out.

What a gonna do now Klinsmann now that you've given none of their backups any real minutes?

Play a 4-4-2 right?

jayhawker

This is defeatist thinking, but I think it's actually good for USMNT that they got all their yellow card problems out of the way. They're going to lose to the Bearded Messi anyway, so it's nice to get guys back for the 3rd place game.

mozfan12

Banned
I hope Colombia ends in the final, is the only team able to play properly against Argentina.

If that happens, it will be an amazing match.

Umm haven't they lost their two last games to Argentina, one in Copa America in penalties and then in the qualifiers at home too. I might be biased, but I hope it's a Mexico Argentina final, would not mind a USA Mexico final to have an all concacaf final

I think the U.S. has a chance, small but a chance.

Umm haven't they lost their two last games to Argentina, one in Copa America in penalties and then in the qualifiers at home too.

I think the U.S. has a chance, small but a chance.

I don't remember right now if that's the case, but I'm talking based on the actual performance in this Copa. Maaaaybe México is another proper rival.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Maybe I'm spoiled after watching De Gea, but Guzan looks like right shit. SERIOUS shit.

He's lucky his ass has Brooks in front of him. (Manchester United should be on the phone talking to Brooks TONIGHT) He's at least a decent backup center back.

So....

Jones...OUT

Wood... OUT

Bedoya...OUT

Three starters that played the previous 4 games are now out.

What a gonna do now Klinsmann now that you've given none of their backups any real minutes?

Play a 4-4-2 right?

Zusi or Nagbe, Pulisic and Wondo

Tagyhag

I don't remember right now if that's the case, but I'm talking based on the actual performance in this Copa. Maaaaybe México is another proper rival.

Colombia has a waaaay better shot than Mexico would.

Mexico hasn't beat Argentina in an official match since 2004, before that, 1990.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
We want Colombia to face Argentina in the final so we can say we lost to the eventual champion amirite Ameribros

This isn't 2014. That's not a good pat on the back anymore.

3rd place would be something to be proud of considering the highest we've gotten is 4th place. That is a much better spin.

Black_Red

On one part i want Colombia to win since Peru is there only because of the hand, but on the other side Peru has lost the last 2 copa americas in semis, and if we beat Mexico that tradition could help us (and Argentina on the final again).

mozfan12

Banned

Mexico hasn't beat Argentina in an official match since 2004, before that, 1990.

Sad but so true. We just can't seem to beat Argentina, two World Cup round of 16 matches and another Copa America loss in Semis. Those are just the official matches. We did tie with them last year but we would get romped with the makeshift defense that Osorio has at the moment. I would not even watch if he dared to put Yasser Corona in the lineup.

And yet, every game has been nail bitingly close. There is a hump there that Mexico needs to surpass mentally, that's for sure. But a world class game it would be.

Tagyhag

And yet, every game has been nail bitingly close. There is a hump there that Mexico needs to surpass mentally, that's for sure. But a world class game it would be.

If they meet at the finals, Mexico will have a better chance without Di Maria in the picture.

Last match was 3-1 though, and the one before that 3-0. I wouldn't call them close.

Sad but so true. We just can't seem to beat Argentina, two World Cup round of 16 matches and another Copa America loss in Semis. Those are just the official matches. We did tie with them last year but we would get romped with the makeshift defense that Osorio has at the moment. I would not even watch if he dared to put Yasser Corona in the lineup.
As much as Mexico has proven to be a difficult pill to swallow for Brazil, many times even choked on us, it's the exact opposite with Argentina. They're our dads. Time and time again they beat us swiftly in official matches. We just can't get through them.

LOL 'concha' is slang for cunt.

Literally: Son of a whore, the cunt of your mother.
Proper translation: Son of a bitch, fuck your mom's cunt (for giving birth to you)

o_O I still like "shell of your mother" better.

Anyway gutsy win tonight and it means the dream is still alive for a USA v. Mexico Final. Believe.

While Klinsmann overall has been solid this tournament, he loses points for not subbing until much too late. The second goal is as much on Klinsmann as it was Bedoya. If he subbed out Bedoya ten minutes earlier, he wouldn't have committed a lazy foul, which resulted in a goal, not to mention getting a yellow card that takes him out the next match.

Klinsmann had been criticized for making too many changes and now it seems he's gone in the complete opposite direction where he's reluctant to use his bench until the last 15 minutes. Ecuador made some smart subs and it brought them back into the game and caused us all kinds of trouble.

I really wish he worked Nagbe into the rotation beyond the Colombia game. Now he's probably going to start against Argentina and it might be too much for him and the other bench players who haven't seen the field yet.

Regardless, the US has exceeded my expectations for this tournament and we have given a worthy performance for a host nation. I hope it motivates the powers that be to hold this unified tournament every 4 years. We can call it Copa New World or something, so it's distinct from the Gold Cup and Copa America.

I like something like this:

Besler stays left
Yedlin comes in right
Fab moves up to Bedoya right wing
Nagbe in for Jones
Zardes up top

I'd basically do that except for Nagbe

------------Dempsey----Zardes--------
Johnson---Bradley---Beckerman---Zusi
Besler----Brooks-----Cameron----Yedlin

That's really probably the best we can do :/ ... I wish Kitchen had got some minutes this tournament but we can't start him. I'd rather play him for a full 90 vs. Argentina than Beckerman.

Dartastic

I LOVE HOW ALL THE SEATTLE FANS WERE COOL BUT THE FUCKING USHER WAS THE ONE PIECE OF SHIT. Man. That dude was rude.

Also, real talk. Fucking Seattle is quiet as fuck. i started the "I believe" chant and people were giving me shit because of my army scarf but once we got to the end of the chant we SCORED OUR FIRST GOAL.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, I am so glad that everyone is nice. I see that hooliganism and shit and that's just rude. GO MURICA. I LOVE EVERYONE.

Edit no seriously why was the usher the only piece of shit that's weird.

Dartastic

Also I'm drunk hi how's it going I'm sad Nagbe didn't play but like didn't Bedoya get a second yellow or something? I wore my Army scarf for him man shit. <3

Also REAL TALK WHY THE FUCK WERE ALL THE ACTUAL SEATTLE FANS COOL AND WHY DID I GET SHIT FROM AN USHER. GODDAMN.

Dartastic

LOL!

that fucking usher!
MOTHER FUCKER THREATENED TO CALL THE COPS ON ME. SOME LADY WAS MAD AT ME BECAUSE I WAS SAYING FUCK BUT LIKE, SEATTLE IS QUIET AS FUCK. I LITERALLY WAVED HIM AWAY AND ON THE WAY OUT I TOLD HIM I COULD SAY WHATEVER I WANTED BECAUSE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND HE WAS LIKE "THAT'S WHAT I'D EXPECT FROM A TIMBERS FAN" AND LIKE WHAT. AN USHER. LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE WAS SUPER, SUPER COOL. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Also, I realize that the way I'm wording this is kinda weird, and a caps ramble. It was genuinely weird. I've never encountered anything like this. The usher LITERALLY said "that's what I'd expect from a Timbers fan" yet EVERYONE else was super cool.

Clydefrog

MOTHER FUCKER THREATENED TO CALL THE COPS ON ME. SOME LADY WAS MAD AT ME BECAUSE I WAS SAYING FUCK BUT LIKE, SEATTLE IS QUIET AS FUCK. I LITERALLY WAVED HIM AWAY AND ON THE WAY OUT I TOLD HIM I COULD SAY WHATEVER I WANTED BECAUSE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND HE WAS LIKE "THAT'S WHAT I'D EXPECT FROM A TIMBERS FAN" AND LIKE WHAT. AN USHER. LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE WAS SUPER, SUPER COOL. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Also, I realize that the way I'm wording this is kinda weird, and a caps ramble. It was genuinely weird. I've never encountered anything like this. The usher LITERALLY said "that's what I'd expect from a Timbers fan" yet EVERYONE else was super cool.

You showed great restraint!

were you wearing a Nagbe Timbers jersey or something?

tim.mbp

It's just harmless banter. Also that's not how freedom of speech works.

Dartastic

You showed great restraint!

were you wearing a Nagbe Timbers jersey or something?
I was wearing my Timbers Army scarf.I had some wonderful banter surrounding it actually. Sounders fans were super cool.
It's just harmless banter. Also that's not how freedom of speech works.
I was cool. Everyone around me was cool, outside of this mother who thought her child should be protected from the F word. The usher quite literally threatened to call the police.

Cappa

Banned
I was cool. Everyone around me was cool, outside of this mother who thought her child should be protected from the F word. The usher quite literally threatened to call the police.
Good for the mother,I'd side with her on this one. Were you yelling out f bombs left and right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd basically do that except for Nagbe

------------Dempsey----Zardes--------
Johnson---Bradley---Beckerman---Zusi
Besler----Brooks-----Cameron----Yedlin

That's really probably the best we can do :/ ... I wish Kitchen had got some minutes this tournament but we can't start him. I'd rather play him for a full 90 vs. Argentina than Beckerman.

Replace Beckerman with Nagbe and you've got my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom