• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre

NoRéN;207957896 said:
Way to burn MLS lol

You know, I love MLS and really want it to be successful (and it is succeeding), but Bradley leaving Italy to go to Toronto destroyed his international career. A few years back he was a quality player, not great, but not the turnover machine that he is now. I think the dagger came when he left Serie A.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
US lookin like doodoo big time

That Messi free kick was fucking fire

The real sad part about watching the U.S. play is knowing that they won't be legit for another 20+ years. Getting those young prospects to switch from football , baseball, and basketball to soccer is going to take an incredibly long time.

It's not about converting other athletes, it's about finding the gems we have now. There are a shitload of kids playing soccer right now, more than I have ever seen. Is there a system in place to get those kids playing professionally in MLS/USL right now? I'm not sure, but I hear they do something like that in Europe and S. America hence why they find high quality player in every position and their Mullers, Messis, Neymars, and Ronaldos.

And US soccer improved a lot in the last 20 years. From scrubs to a legitimate team who can hang with most B teams and even some A teams. US climbed out of a group consisting of Portugal and Germany last world cup....

That's fair. Also got out of a group with Colombia, Costa Rica, and Paraguay now. All decent B teams. However, I think going from scrub to decent is easier than going from decent to world class.

Mimosa97

The real sad part about watching the U.S. play is knowing that they won't be legit for another 20+ years. Getting those young prospects to switch from football , baseball, and basketball to soccer is going to take an incredibly long time.

Wtf man. Your national team is legit. Round of 16 in the last WC. Semi-finals in the Copa America. It's pretty good.

Don't expect the US to compete with teams like Argentina. Argentina is prob the best team in the World atm. Honestly the US are easily top 20 worldwide.

You know, I love MLS and really want it to be successful (and it is succeeding), but Bradley leaving Italy to go to Toronto destroyed his international career. A few years back he was a quality player, not great, but not the turnover machine that he is now. I think the dagger came when he left Serie A.

More than half (I think) players playing in MLS doesn't help here either...

Outside of Dempsey for the most part because he came back close to the end of his career and did well in the EPL.

Santiako

While we wait for the second half, let's do the Maradona.

nm9lbmW.gif

gutshot

Yeah, I think you're right. He moved to the MLS before the last World Cup and that was when he really started sucking. He was decent in 09 Confed Cup and 10 WC.

mozfan12

Banned
US need some Chile type pressing, Argentina will be happy to pass the ball amongst them till they see the open space. Argentina has not been tested this tournament at all. Maybe Chile gave them some troubles.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
2-0 already!!!???? LMFAO!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dinokill

Fuck this. A world class keeper on the bench and this shitstain is on the pitch. Klisnmann is responsible for this shit. He should be sacked.

Tim Howard is a natural leader, he is the boss in his area, knows how to move in the box, amazing reflexes and he trasmits security to his defense line. Guzan is just plain bad.

Darknight

RIP USA. Not shocked though. Expecting 5-0 the most. Messi with godlike goal. This dude is straight baller.

Also RIP to Colombia tomorrow. Love James and Co but Chile is on another level.

ARG vs CHILE gonna be crazy.

Tagyhag

Unfortunately Klinsmann isn't going anywhere. They got to the semi-finals and I'm sure their objective was quarters.

Edit: That is, if Argentina doesn't blow them out 7-0 in this next half.

While that was an amazing goal from Messi, 50% is on Guzan for ball watching until is to late. The ball is going to his side! Fucking awful goalkeeping.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Play the kids. Take Bradley and Beckerman off,they are clearly shook

they're not shook, they play too conservative for this kinda match up

they play well in games the US dominate possession.

But when you need to play D and get the ball, make quick and critical passes... nah

I never like tehm TOGETHER in the middle, they're not foward thinking enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom