• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

The real sad part about watching the U.S. play is knowing that they won't be legit for another 20+ years. Getting those young prospects to switch from football , baseball, and basketball to soccer is going to take an incredibly long time.

People have been saying that for 20 years.
And US soccer improved a lot in the last 20 years. From scrubs to a legitimate team who can hang with most B teams and even some A teams. US climbed out of a group consisting of Portugal and Germany last world cup....

Magni

It seems like every time I watch the US play, Bradley is by far the worst player on the pitch. What am I missing?

edit: fucking hell, take him off!

TheFatOne

Every time Bradley has the ball, Argentina IMMEDIATELY gets it back. Really kind of amazing.

I have been waiting for him to not be a part of the U.S. team for years now, and every year I remain disappointed. Maybe this is the year though. Where they can't ignore how fucking awful he that they are forced to try someone else.

JHall

Don't worry guys, LeBron is going to make another promise this summer. A promise to make USA a world power in soccer! This promise and dream will be realized in the 2018 World Cup.

Believe!

TheFatOne

Don't worry guys, LeBron is going to make another promise this summer. A promise to make USA a world power in soccer! This promise and dream will be realized in the 2018 World Cup.

Believe!

I would take LeBron over Bradley right now. LeBron would be terrible, but at least he would bring some athleticism.

gutshot

The problem with Bradley is he looks really good against medium to low level competition. He just completely shits the bed when we are playing elite teams. Not sure if it is nerves or what, but if you only watch the "big" games know you are seeing the worst of Bradley.

Pre

Believe!

Lebron would have made a great goalkeeper, tbh.

NoRéN

The problem with Bradley is he looks really good against medium to low level competition. He just completely shits the bed when we are playing elite teams. Not sure if it is nerves or what, but if you only watch the "big" games know you are seeing the worst of Bradley.
Way to burn MLS lol
But it's true.

jett

D-Member
And US soccer improved a lot in the last 20 years. From scrubs to a legitimate team who can hang with most B teams and even some A teams. US climbed out of a group consisting of Portugal and Germany last world cup....

Yeah they seem to be getting there slowly and steadily, but a bit too slowly. I guess they need a genius-level playmaker to show them the way.

Tagyhag

The real sad part about watching the U.S. play is knowing that they won't be legit for another 20+ years. Getting those young prospects to switch from football , baseball, and basketball to soccer is going to take an incredibly long time.

That time will come eventually.

It's all about the money.

Once they get rid of that cap limit and the demographics of this country continue to change you'll see a lot more talent flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom