• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkie

Underwhelming footy so far.

Can't wait for club football to be back.

It's mid-cycle for the World Cup which is why the teams will never be the finished article in this competition, hence it's not taken seriously. The time to judge these teams will be in 2 years.

MrKaepora

I was excited to get some football until the return of the main European club competitions. I forgot it was copa America.

I hope Brazil can give a show...yeah, right.

GunBR

I still can't believe that Brazil only got a tie against this Paraguay in march

I'm watching fights and yellow cards, not soccer
You probably don't watch the Libertadores and other south american leagues right?

This game is almost a friendly compared with that

v1lla21

Haití vs Perú is gonna ve good m8s. I can feel it in my bones.
I don't know why people expect amazing football out of these teams lol. It's the same with the European competitions with the lower teams.

GunBR

Haití vs Perú is gonna ve good m8s. I can feel it in my bones.
I don't know why people expect amazing football out of these teams lol. It's the same with the European competitions with the lower teams.
Actually i'm optimistic about this game. No irony
I can see Peru making 5 goals only in the first half
and now because I said the game will be 0x0

ZZMitch

Lol you could not have drawn this game up any better for the US. what was Watson thinking? He's been in red card form for Vancouver in MLS too

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wasn't a hand ball, it hit his torso.

I actually thought it was a fun game to watch... but I'm South American. I'm probably well adjusted to these type of games.

It was his lower arm but like the poster above said it was next to his body and not outstretched as I watch the replay.

Chris R

Sucks that the 2nd game of the day is pushed off to FS2, lucky I have it.

Expecting to see a mostly full stadium in Seattle... I hope at least.

If they got regular English language announcers they could. Right now with only Espanol commentary it's hard to appeal to the non-Spanish speaking populations.

Access is the bigger problem I think. If they got their games on TV or streamed for free, an audience would build.

Mestizo

You probably don't watch the Libertadores and other south american leagues right?

This game is almost a friendly compared with that

Well, actually I'm latin american but I find boring football club competitions. Copa America only the knockout stage, it doesn't have the same level of the Euro.

I'm kind of surprised South American leagues haven't become more popular in the US.

We need to unify CONMEBOL and CONCACAF.

Libertadores/Liberators Cup with MLS and Liga MX teams. You guys will love the atmosphere. The Mexicans already know how cool it is.

Sucks that the 2nd game of the day is pushed off to FS2, lucky I have it.

Who even has FS2? I've been leeching off my parents who have Comcast by using their login to stream but they don't have FS2 on their package. I'm now watching Univision in glorious Espanol, maybe I'll get to hear a scoring call at least.

Fun match so far, specially now that Haiti is finally trying to attack

Well it's Peru vs Haiti, for the Copa America at USA
Guess so, I just wonder if the prices were lower, then more casual/neutral fans would fill it up.

how are Sounders' attendance numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom