• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa Rica vs Paraguay starts in about 10 minutes. Hopefully it's a good one.

No Keylor Navas is a big loss for CR, though.

Here's a fun Fact:
Since 1993 the winner of the Copa America has faced Mexico either in group stage or Knockout. 1993 is also the year Mexico began to participate in the Copa America

Lunar FC

So what's the reason for the US not playing in the Copa America regularly? Are we just not invited? We need all the games we can get.

So what's the reason for the US not playing in the Copa America? Are we just not invited? We need all the games we can get.
US played yesterday...and lost.

Edit: oh wait, its becuase you guys were accused of not taking the tournament seriously. But i think its money
Sorry didnt see the word Regularly

So what's the reason for the US not playing in the Copa America regularlly? Are we just not invited? We need all the games we can get.

Are you talking about the CONMEBOL tournament? Because the USA is part of the CONCACAF and their continental tournament is the Gold Cup. This Copa America Centenario is a special edition, and have teams from both confederations.

Lunar FC

Guys, I've watched every US game for the past 6 years, I know how this shit works. Just wondering why Mexico is always in the Copa America and we are not.

Edit:

Edit: oh wait, its becuase you guys were accused of not taking the tournament seriously. But i think its money
Sorry didnt see the word Regularly

Thanks, sorry for the quick edit. Huh, seems strange. Would love to be in it every time since we can never make the confed cup.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
So what's the reason for the US not playing in the Copa America regularly? Are we just not invited? We need all the games we can get.

invitations for some non-SouthAmerica teams, Haiti had to competite to get the final spot for this.

US have been in Copa 3 times I think

Guys, I've watched every US game for the past 6 years, I know how this shit works. Just wondering why Mexico is always in the Copa America and we are not.

Thanks, sorry for the quick edit. Huh, seems strange. Would love to be in it every time since we can never make the confed cup.

Back in 2007, US took a C squad and pissed CONMEBOL off. US finished dead last and scored once only(?),While Mexico Finished third and beat Brazil with an almost A squad.

The worst part was that the US were Gold Cup Champions a few weeks prior

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Unfortunately I think most games that Mexico, USA, Brazil, and Argentina aren't a part of will have weak attendance numbers.

depends on where they're playing too

I don't expect a lot of Costa Ricans an Paraguayians in the area. I know whenever Haiti and Jamaica plays in the Northeast its a party

The irritating one?

I'm watching on Univision, not UDN so I don't know if it's someone different there. But he's cheering for Costa Rica.

Edit: Yeah, I think UDN has that Edgar guy. The woman down on the field was talking over the commentator on regular Univision just now.

v1lla21

I'm watching on Univision, not UDN so I don't know if it's someone different there. But he's cheering for Costa Rica.

Edit: Yeah, I think UDN has that Edgar guy. The woman down on the field was talking over the commentator on regular Univision just now.
Ah okay because I was about to ask if it was Edgar.

This game is fun.

Lunar FC

Back in 2007, US took a C squad and pissed CONMEBOL off. US finished dead last and scored once only(?),While Mexico Finished third and beat Brazil with an almost A squad.

That sucks. Gold Cup is such a boring tournament with such predictable results.
I've tried to erase last year's shite show from memory.

The stadium is half empty because apparently only the Costa Rica fans showed up. It's all red in the stands, where's Paraguay's fans?

Did someone catch the temperature on the field? Both sides' players look really winded already.

I'm debating with myself if I even want to watch Brazil's B team instead of playing Uncharted 4.

shoplifter

That sucks. Gold Cup is such a boring tournament with such predictable results.
I've tried to erase last year's shite show from memory.

I'm assuming this tournament is a testing ground for having a CA every four, a Gold Cup every four, and a Copa Panamerica (or whatever they want to call it) in the opposite year.

The stadium is half empty because apparently only the Costa Rica fans showed up. It's all red in the stands, where's Paraguay's fans?

Did someone catch the temperature on the field? Both sides' players look really winded already.

They are there, those Jersey match the seat colors lol

I'm assuming this tournament is a testing ground for having a CA every four, a Gold Cup every four, and a Copa Panamerica (or whatever they want to call it) in the opposite year.

They should have a unified tournament every 4 years, do it like this one halfway between World Cups. We need a Copa Unidos de Americas.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Univision announcers:
(If I'm hearing correctly)

"Both these goalies are so relaxed, they could go visit a local mall right now. "

"What is it about us Latinos known for being so macho, that the playing field turns us into crybabies."

Calvero

Banned

Awe man i still remember that first goal in the Mexico vs Brazil game

Univision announcers:
(If I'm hearing correctly)

"Both these goalies are so relaxed, they could go visit a local mall right now. "

"What is it about us Latinos known for being so macho, that the playing field turns us into crybabies."

Mexicans say "us Latinos"? cringing really hard here

Eila

You have rejected invitations in the past. I think they invite Mexico and some other team on rotation. USA is definitely favored there.

Draw is probably the best result for the US and obviously Colombia.

I don't know if a deal could be swung to make CONCACAF ditch the 2-year-cup cycle. We have it the same reason it is always in the US, $$$.

It can be hard to send your best team to another's tourney as clubs are usually under no obligation to release players for other confed's tourneys. The quality of a team usually depends on the level of charity that the domestic teams have. Sometimes corporations who hold the broadcast rights pressure them to release players.

Gee, Paraguay has players to play much better than this. The choosed system doesn't help at all to play well. It's weird coming from Ramon Diaz, his teams doesn't play this safe.

i kinda like this idea. if nothing else stop having the gold cup every other year because fuck that.

Gee, Paraguay has players to play much better than this. The choosed system doesn't help at all to play well. It's weird coming from Ramon Diaz, his teams doesn't play this safe.

Its hard for Paraguay to take the initiative, is easier for them when they play against teams that are better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom