• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-6yflqy.gif

ds2KQ.gif

Lehow

This ref sucks really bad. I know because I suffered him on knockout rounds in Libertadores this year with River Plate :(
Thankfully this one is almost retiring, two more years and he is gone. Still, there is a lot of garbage refs to replace him here in Brazil :(

Ehh no, the players came into this game with hot blood. Yes the referee made some bad decisions but this game was really always gonna be like this. I expected fuckery from the beginning and everyone including the referee delivered.
Exactly. People are straight ignoring both teams fouling each other on almost every possession before the cards flew.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I missed the first half, just saw the replays

uuuuh

uuuuuuuuuh

should neither of those Reds have been reds (e.g. not a second yellow and not a straight red) or is it just me?

are the refs generally awful or what's going on here

Santiako

So, we have two teams that have been playing great, have been destroying every other team, we get them together to the final, to witness a great game...

NO! - says the ref - FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE TEAMS

untitled-6yflqy.gif

THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT ME!

Toxi

Banned
So much anger over Higuain while talking to my family.

Did he make a bet that he would never score in a final?

Rojo didn't deserve a red, Diaz didn't deserve a yellow. Vidal mascherano deserved the yellow, messi deserved a red
LOL

Niks

Ehh no, the players came into this game with hot blood. Yes the referee made some bad decisions but this game was really always gonna be like this. I expected fuckery from the beginning and everyone including the referee delivered.

Yeah, I dont know why everyone is complaining...
Game was thuggish even before the red cards came out.

NeOak

I missed the first half, just saw the replays

uuuuh

uuuuuuuuuh

should neither of those Reds have been reds (e.g. not a second yellow and not a straight red) or is it just me?

are the refs generally awful or what's going on here

Way to make a generalization based on one ref

Boney

Banned
The only contact in this situation was a slight touch from rojos knee on vidals butt and thats it lol

https://streamable.com/zje3
Yep wasn't anything and Vidal faked. It looked fucking brutal without the zoom and slow motion. That's football needs camara refs so Vidal gets a card here.
Really? I guess we were watching two different matches...
If you agree it was a dive, it should've been a red since it was inside the box

A better ref could have taken control over the situation.

I feel that he made a bad decision on the first red, realized his mistake and wanted to even things out. Really weak refereeing.

i can def see how a ref might see it as a red (tackle from behind, player falling weird) but at this level the ref needs to be much better at seeing that properly

and video refs.

gai_shain

Yep wasn't anything and Vidal faked. It looked fucking brutal without the zoom and slow motion. That's football needs camara refs so Vidal gets a card here.

nah the way he landed hurts like hell so he did not fake being hurt

Thats not how it works though

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

eh, he was gonna fall really awkwardly anyway since he caught his foot underneath, but he did manage to turn it into a 10/10 oscar winning performance nonetheless

Argentina has to ignore the ref bullshit and keep doing what they did the first half. They've got everything but the goal in place. Chile has been stalling for penalties since the opening minute.

trembli0s

yea

it was a foul but definitely not red, or yellow

That's a yellow, at minimum. You cannot come in with your studs at mid shin level, especially not at that speed.

Calling that on a bang-bang looks red. The ref sees high studs + Vidal landing awkwardly + instant Chilean complaints.

It was the kind of stupid challenge that gets guys like Pepe and Ramos sent off regularly. Have to be smarter than that.

I'm a neutral fwiw.

Argentina has to ignore the ref bullshit and keep doing what they did the first half. They've got everything but the goal in place. Chile has been stalling for penalties since the opening minute.

LOL, no. Chile has been traditionally terrible at PK. Last year Copa was an impressive exception.

How is the game over? Even with all the ref fuckery and the fouls being commited all over the place (AND the diving)...this match has been waaaaay more entertaining than any USA match, and I'm US homer.

There is an immense amount of skill being displayed in addition to the bullshit. I'm choosing to ignore the bullshit and focus on the skill.

I was caught in the heat of the moment and was being a tad hyperbolic.

I actually have a good time with these kind of shit storms from time to time, but when it spreads across a whole tournament like it has been so far, it just becomes infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom