• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Watching Brazil nowadays, I don't get why Neymar gets called overrated. It's very clear that at the moment he's their only world class player and he's well above everyone else in that team.

And I say this as someone who deeply dislikes Barcelona.

mreddie

Watching Brazil nowadays, I don't get why Neymar gets called overrated. It's very clear that at the moment he's their only world class player and he's well above everyone else in that team.

Basically LeBron

They clearly don't watch this Brazil play. Neymar carries this team at times. In the World Cup it was him and Thiago.

Edit: also you hurt me.

Why thank you. But it's obvious that Neymar is Brasil. This match may be a good one but it bores me because Neymar isn't playing. Sigh...two more months

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
CkKGnNoXIAAkJjf.jpg

GunBR

I like William, but when he's the second best player of the current generation you can see why Brazil is Neymar + 10 now

Has the stadium got more full or did they pull a WWE and moved everyone to the hard cam angle?
During the second half of the first half (...) the stadium was already almost full (at least the cam side).
Brazilians are always late

This is the end of previous Brazil generation... Is another ever going to come? Honestly Brazil doesn't even look as bad as I expected them too, but there's no potential whatsoever....

I like William, but when he's the second best player of the current generation you can see why Brazil is Neymar + 10 now

I think Willian is the best by far. Nymar could be OK if he has good support, but Willian was good even when Chelsea were doing terribly.

mreddie

This is the end of previous Brazil generation... Is another ever going to come? Honestly Brazil doesn't even look as bad as I expected them too, but there's no potential whatsoever....

Brazil dominating is over. Since 2006. They'll be back but now, the Euro teams are ruling over us.

LAM09

Brazil have no cutting edge when Neymar isn't present. It's saying something that their defence is the best part of the team.

Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Kaka, Gilberto Silva, Lucio, Roque Junior , Roberto Carlos , etc.

That was the last great generation Brazil had.

I think you named two generations. :) But in either case I just don't see anyone with potential even close to the names you listed... I honestly believe that Willian is their best player. I just can't envision Neymar having as much impact on the team. But I guess we will see during Olympics...

Brazil during the World Cup overachieved. They got lucky they got first in the group stage, Got lucky against Chile, played decently against Colombia (that early goal made it possible), they didn''t faced any powerhouses until Germany.

I think you named two generations. :) But in either case I just don't see anyone with potential even close to the names you listed... I honestly believe that William is their best player. I just can't envision Neymar having as much impact on the team. But I guess we will see during Olympics...

Yeah, Cafu and others were older, but that team from 2002 was amazing, from then on there was a decline in quality .

GunBR

Well, not dominating is one thing, but at this point they are on the verge of not even being anywhere close to the top...
There are still good players like William, Coutinho, Douglas Costa, Neymar and others.
The biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of "last-generation" players to help with the transition
Kaka is a shadow of his former self and the others are retired or "non-oficially" retired (like Adriano and Ronaldinho).

Neymar is the most experienced player of the team and he has 24 years

The US should be hosting a WC, they have the infrastructure, they don't have to waste money and build a single stadium, they have 32 NFL stadiums and countless NCCA football stadiums, plus MLS..

USA 2026. Believe.

FIFA likes rotating world cups with each continent and CONCACAF hasn't had one since 1994.

Also rumors of a joint USA/Mexico bid for 2026.

Nah, President Trump won't allow it

The US should be hosting a WC, they have the infrastructure, they don't have to waste money and build a single stadium, they have 32 NFL stadiums and countless NCCA football stadiums, plus MLS..

Unfortunately we don't bribe FIFA enough so Russia and Qatar get it

2026, we could have a shot.

USA 2026. Believe.

FIFA likes rotating world cups with each continent and CONCACAF hasn't had one since 1994.

Also rumors of a joint USA/Mexico bid for 2026.

Should've been 2018.

Hell I would take 2022
I'm sort of biased (born in Ukraine so I'm even extra pissed than next World Cup is in Russia). But just looking at the statistics it's clear that US hosting typically brings the best attendance. Large stadiums and developed infrastructure make a big difference. 1994 world cup is STILL the most attended one and it didn't even have as many games...

mreddie

Nah, President Trump won't allow it

All FIFA has to do is show a check for half a billion.

I'm sort of biased (born in Ukraine so I'm even extra pissed than next World Cup is in Russia). But just looking at the statistics it's clear that US hosting typically brings the best attendance. Large stadiums and developed infrastructure make a big difference. 1994 world cup is STILL the most attended one and it didn't even have as many games...

True, I think FIFA is still letting it breathe and focus of Europe still aside from Brazil. Canada still doesn't seem like soccer country and Mexico is still recovering from its trouble.

If its USA/MEXICO, theres going to disputes on where the final is held.

Just give USA the chance to shine, We've hosted it twice, unless USA really needs the votes, they should try and invest in it themsleves. Besides we want to host it by ourselves as well, We've gotten a couple new stadiums lately many others renovated

If its USA/MEXICO, theres going to disputes on where the final is held.

Just give USA the chance to shine, We've hosted it twice, unless USA really needs the votes, they should try and invest in it themsleves. Besides we want to host it by ourselves as well, We've gotten a couple new stadiums lately many others renovated

Clearly the answer is the 1st half of the match in the Azteca and the 2nd half at the Rose Bowl.

lets say Trump wins and gets a second term, his time will be over by 2026, don't have to worry about him...only way he's president 2026, he loses 2016, and wins 2020 to 2028....

You still need to worry because if Trump wins you might not have the World to host the world cup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom