• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico's winning time to talk about Mexican fans instead of the game!

Mexico didn't play any defense this whole game, they are just lucky this Jamaica team apparently doesn't have anyone who can shoot into wide open goals. They will get kneecapped by any team with an actual striker if they keep playing defense like they did tonight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mexico didn't play any defense this whole game, they are just lucky this Jamaica team apparently doesn't have anyone who can shoot into wide open goals. They will get kneecapped by any team with an actual striker if they keep playing defense like they did tonight.

Seriously, they're damn lucky Jamaica doesn't have a half-way decent striker.

OK, is it just me or does all the Liga MX matches just go balls out up and down the pitch?

Some of the Counterattack's here reminded me of that.

Now THAT was a save.

Omadahl

Banned
Hopefully Jamaica takes Donaldson's batteries out, charges them, puts them back in and recalibrates him so he can find the goal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hopefully Jamaica takes Donaldson's batteries out, charges them, puts them back in and recalibrates him so he can find the goal.

I imagine there's going to be a frantic call by the Jamaican federation to the NY/NJ area in the coming days.

Jamaica could be such a strong team if they had a damn finisher.

Mexico MOTM had to be Donaldson or Ochoa

Gotta be Donaldson, he won the game for them. Never seen someone blow so many golden chances in one game.

mozfan12

Banned
Really wish he would had put Chucky as a starter, just constant danger when he got started. He is the future of this team. Now to avoid Argentina.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
OMG, please be classy like Utena!

;P
cca75664b8ad644fb0da60b1e66f13a4.jpg

Eila

What a shit match, but they got the win and a draw with Venezuela would be enough to top the group.
I would like to see the team play with a 4 man backline, not sure why he's so insistent on playing 4 center backs.

Niks

Jamaica needs new forwards. They cant score for shit. It was somewhat amazing they ruined all those chances..

So most probably we'll get Mex vs Chile and Arg vs Venezuela next round.

Mexico was lucky suarez was not playing last game and that Jamaica doesnt have a decent forward in this one. Mexico has 6 points but isnt a solid team. Argentina or Chile could give them a lot of trouble in the next round.

Mory Dunz

I could easily see Mexico getting to the final. People might be sleeping on them. Not cause they've been great, but that home field advantage, and a tournament like this suits them.

Mufc1427

I really don't know why Osorio started Yasser Corona instead of Reyes. I really don't understand how he is even in this team. He is so bad.

Mexico was lucky suarez was not playing last game and that Jamaica doesnt have a decent forward in this one. Mexico has 6 points but isnt a solid team. Argentina or Chile could give them a lot of trouble in the next round.

That's a good point.

So far Mexico hasn't played a team with capable forwards. And that's not going to change when they play Venezuela. Today Mexico's defense was swiss cheese. If they play a team that has an actual world class striker, they'll be in serious trouble if they don't sort out their defensive issues.

We always suck against concacaf teams.

Some reason we always step up our game against the big teams. If this was Chile or Argentina, we wouldn't leave so many spaces. Or start Corona. We need to go back five with Aguliar and Layun.

Also hindsight Uruguay has better forwards then Jamaica. Hindsight is 20/20 but Cavani didn't play all too bad against us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom