• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's a good point.

So far Mexico hasn't played a team with capable forwards. And that's not going to change when they play Venezuela. Today Mexico's defense was swiss cheese. If they play a team that has an actual world class striker, they'll be in serious trouble if they don't sort out their defensive issues.

Not even a world class striker, a half-way decent striker could have destroyed them in this game. Donaldson blew so many clear chances I'd be shocked if he ever gets called up again.

It'll be interesting when Mexico faces a team with a decent striker. If they have any luck at all they'll be able to avoid Argentina in the first round.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really don't know why Osorio started Yasser Corona instead of Reyes. I really don't understand how he is even in this team. He is so bad.
Accomplishments under Osorio:

-Tying our historic unbeaten streak
-9 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws
-1st time we win a qualifying match in Honduras in twenty years
-1st time we win a qualifying match in Canada in twenty years
-19 goals in favour, 1 against

EDIT: Just realised you meant Corona and not Osorio. My bad.

Back from the Rose Bowl. Only saw 2 fights break out too!

Game was definitely better in the second half but overall I enjoyed it.

Oh and there was this group of ladies sitting in front of me that I swear took at least 100 selfies. Like, why go to the stadium if you're not gonna watch the game lol

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Back from the Rose Bowl. Only saw 2 fights break out too!

Game was definitely better in the second half but overall I enjoyed it.

Oh and there was this group of ladies sitting in front of me that I swear took at least 100 selfies. Like, why go to the stadium if you're not gonna watch the game lol

Im sure there were more...between paisas and pochos lol.
Also Im guilty of taking selfies too but mostly videos of the crowd and when I know Mexico is gonna score a goal (and they do). ; )

We faced Chile before Copa America and Sanchez blew so many chances too.

Maybe it's our game plan...

like make the opposing team miss those chances while playing as bad as the USA for that gritty and toughed out win? I like. whatever gets us closer to the cup, the better

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Not even a world class striker, a half-way decent striker could have destroyed them in this game. Donaldson blew so many clear chances I'd be shocked if he ever gets called up again.

It'll be interesting when Mexico faces a team with a decent striker. If they have any luck at all they'll be able to avoid Argentina in the first round.
thats what I think about the USA. Colombia was a wake up call and Costa Rica was just warm up but hopefully Paraguay as lame as they've been in this CA, could prove to be sorta of a challenge for the USA. Also if they have decent striker they could demolish the US if they're not careful.

Mexico was lucky suarez was not playing last game and that Jamaica doesnt have a decent forward in this one. Mexico has 6 points but isnt a solid team. Argentina or Chile could give them a lot of trouble in the next round.
What's with the excuses? if this and If that... They won both game with a 2 goal lead.

Accomplishments under Osorio:

-Tying our historic unbeaten streak
-9 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws
-1st time we win a qualifying match in Honduras in twenty years
-1st time we win a qualifying match in Canada in twenty years
-19 goals in favour, 1 against

EDIT: Just realised you meant Corona and not Osorio. My bad.
And he wasn't even Mexico's first choice as coach.

v1lla21

México played very bad yesterday, zero defense. If we play this way againts Chile or Argentina we are out.
This was close to how they played Chile in the friendly previous to the cup and Mexico still won with Chile pretty much playing how they did against Argentina. Lol. I do hope they play with the same lineup they used against Uruguay. Besides a bad 15 minutes the team was very strong and played well together. We really missed aquino and guardado yesterday.

What's with the excuses? if this and If that... They won both game with a 2 goal lead.

There are no excuses, just facts. Jamaica was horrible at actually placing the ball in the goal, and Mexico's defense fell apart quickly all the time. If there's one thing Osorio needs to work on, is that defense. And he has one last game to try something new.

Like, for the third time.

It's Mexico, there is (almost) no easy game for us.

Sooner or later as a mexican you embrace the fact that our team always struggles against teams were we are supposed to win because of "logic".

Mexico plays well against world class teams, but have a horrible luck when against Argentina (an understatement at this point).
Mexico plays bad against El Salvador and the like.
Logic means almost nothing most of the time.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

VHaVXY3.png

I wanna hear this guy narrating the Venezuela game.

Caturro

This was close to how they played Chile in the friendly previous to the cup and Mexico still won with Chile pretty much playing how they did against Argentina. Lol. I do hope they play with the same lineup they used against Uruguay. Besides a bad 15 minutes the team was very strong and played well together. We really missed aquino and guardado yesterday.

Nah, Mexico looked horrible for 75 minutes in that friendly against Chile. Mexico won that game because Pizzi completely butchered the defense with all those substitutions trying to see what works/doesn't work, which is what you do in a friendly. A Copa game would be a lot different.

Only way Mexico wins the cup is if they consistently play like they did in the first half vs Uruguay. Plus Osorio shouldn't rotate the squad in a short tournament like this.

dubc35

Chile seemingly about to score anytime. Bolivia don't give a fuck, just running people down.

I wish this game was on Univision, so much better than Fox...and I don't speak Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom