• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuuRe

Vidal crashed his Ferrari while driving drunk (confirmed) getting back to his house in the Chilean team day off, he is now under custody.

Today he will undergo his hearing.

29a0062c0a1c9b1b790f6a706700f6ee.jpg

What a piece of work.

Magni

I love watching Vidal play, but he's such an idiot off the pitch :(

I hope he gets kicked off the team for at least the remainder of the tournament (but that Chile still win, this is the year csm!)

Seriously, there better be consequences

The local newspapers are already informing (off the record) that the rest of the team is supporting Vidal to continue playing this tournament.

If that ends being true, for sure will be consequences for him after this Copa América ends, but what's the message we are sending to all the children that look at Vidal as their idol? :mad:

I am sure he did some of the things on porpuse. e looks like he doesn't acer about his team!

I'm pretty sure this wasn't done on purpose. The guy really loves playing for Chile, the thing is, he in an immature and irresponsible as hell person.

That's what I hate about all of this, this generation of players is almost without a single doubt, the best we've ever had, and this is our best chance to win this cup.

But because of crap like this, everything goes to hell.

Finally, I'm glad the passengers of the other car are ok, this could be much worse.

Meier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOrtcsm4Cc&feature=youtu.be

Not entirely certain of the accuracy of these translations, but here is apparently some of the audio from Vidal after his crash/subsequent arrest:

Vidal: ¿Cómo voy a venir manejando esa huea, cómo soy tan tonto, no pensai?
Police: Si la cagó la cagó, caballero.
Vidal: ¿Cómo, yo la cagué? Deja de hablar hueas.
[...]
Vidal: ¿Me vas a esposar a mí?
Police: No ponga las cosas más difíciles
Vidal: Espósame, pero te vas a cagar a todo Chile…
Translation:
Vidal: How would I be driving this shit, how can you be so stupid, can't you think?!
Police: If you fucked up, sir, you fucked up.
Vidal: What, I fucked up? Stop talking bullshit.
[...]
Vidal: Are you going to handcuff me?
Police: Don't make things harder than they are...
Vidal: You can handcuff me, but you'll fuck Chile over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOrtcsm4Cc&feature=youtu.be

Not entirely certain of the accuracy of these translations, but here is apparently some of the audio from Vidal after his crash/subsequent arrest:

As a chilean, I can say it's pretty damn accurate.

And what can be said after that video...

Embarrasing, and obviously: Fucking cunt Vidal, you're the one who shitted over the entire country, not the police officer doing his job!!!!!!!!!

Also, in the online newspapers it was confirmed he will not be kicked out of the team. WELP.

clemenx

Banned
This is Latin America. A DUI is seen as "not that bad" and sadly, pretty normal. Of course they won't kick him over that.

He should be.

Over half of Team Mexico was kicked out of the last Copa America because they got drunk and had sex.

Had sex with prostitutes. Apparently they had a mass drunken orgy in the hotel room they were concentrated in.

But I agree, unfortunately in our countries of Latin America, a DUI isn't a huge deal. There should be consequences for him but doesn't look like it will happen. Even Sampaoli said he doesn't even do that shit in Europe, so why here? And in the middle of the tournament? *shrugs*

BTW, he is facing consequences regarding the chilean law etc. etc.

It's just with the national team he is not being punished (which still makes me feel embarrased).

Robaperas

Ugh, I'm not watching any of the Chile matches left; not punish him just because he's a good player? What a disgrace, and a horrible precedent.

Magni

Ugh, I'm not watching any of the Chile matches left; not punish him just because he's a good player? What a disgrace, and a horrible precedent.

From the homepage of La Tercera:

Sampaoli apoya a Vidal: "No tiene tanta magnitud, no es para excluirlo"

Sampaoli supports Vidal: "It's not that important, it's not enough to kick him out"

Sigh

Kandinsky

Let's not kid ourselves, there was no chance in hell Sampaoli or anyone involved would kick the cunt out, and he knows it, thats the reason why he does the shit he does, they think they're above the law, and well, apparently, they are.

FuuRe

It's official, from now on i will root for every team that plays against Chile.

I won't support the bullshit, also i just cannot feel proud of a national team filled with assholes that believe they're the shit, cue Herrera, Valdivia, Beausejour and now Vidal, there's just no pride on winning anything with a team like this one, i feel misrepresented to the point that makes me uncomfortable.

I'll continue watching Chile, but I can't lie, it will be a very weird feeling to be rooting for a team where such a key player is a massive cunt.

@Kandinsky: He is not above the law, all the legal/police procedures after the crash were applied, he didn't receive any special treatment. It's the rest of the team supporting him + Sampaoli, our federation and a huge amount of idiotic fans forgiving him what pisses me off.

Robaperas

Probably not since Johny Herrera (Bravo's sub) killed a student while driving drunk like 5 years ago :X

Yeah, Johnny Horrores; famous footballers here in Chile are elite citizens, and by the reaction Vidal had with the police officer, they know they are.

Kandinsky

I'll continue watching Chile, but I can't lie, it will be a very weird feeling to be rooting for a team where such a key player is a massive cunt.

@Kandinsky: He is not above the law, all the legal/police procedures after the crash were applied, he didn't receive any special treatment. It's the rest of the team supporting him + Sampaoli, our federation and a huge amount of idiotic fans forgiving him what pisses me off.

Do you really think most of us wouldnt be in jail after how he behave with the police officers and let alone crashing another car?, come on now, at least 2-3 days!

But yeah I totally agree with your second point it pisses me off so much, we're all enablers, and it sucks.

Magni

Apparently the Noche de Brujas singer paid him visit while he was in jail, I wonder if that is normal treatment. But props to the carabineros for not letting him go on his way.

I'll still be rooting for Chile, can't root against Bravo :(

Santiako

BRASIL: Jefferson, Alves, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luis, Fernandinho, Elías, Willian, Fred, Neymar y Firminho.

COLOMBIA: Ospina, Zúñiga, Zapata, Murillo, Armero, Carlos Sánchez, Edwin Cardona, Juan Cuadrado, James Rodríguez, Teo Gutiérrez y Falcao.

Starts in 35 minutes. Should be the best match of the first stage.

EDIT: Just realised that neither Bacca or Jackson are starting but Falcao is. WTF Pekerman

faridmon

Falcao should just retire at this point. Whatever he does, just kills his reputation little by little.
I mean, WTF was that shot for...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Falcao should just retire at this point. Whatever he does, just kills his reputation little by little.
I mean, WTF was that shot for...

United claims another player. Kagawa, Di Maria, Falcao, Nani... who would want to go to that club?

faridmon

Holy Shit, Colombia can't cross the ball even if their life is dependant on it. Disappointed to see good team being so bad at those plays,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom