• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

This is why tap is key, double tap if you can manage it. You can't really do 4-5 shot bursts like M4A4 thanks to the lower pool of ammo.

I'm using the weapon in the wrong way then. :d Thanks! I'm used to those 4-5 bullet burst with the M4.

Soooo, I definitely just ranked up from Gold Nova 3 to Master Guardian 1 (gold ak), in the space of like 3 games. I didn't even know that was possible.

It was pretty exciting though!

Congrats! You're gonna miss Novas though.... we all do.

Oreoleo

Hey, thanks. I've only played one game as MG so far but we lost ;(

All my friends are still Novas though, and one silver elite master, so I should still see a good mix of players in my games, at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah, I had to go back and watch the replay to see where you are talking about. That wall of smoke wasn't even coordinated we just all had the same idea at the same time. Apparently I was as clueless as he was cause he ran right past me through the smoke and I had no idea, and there was a guy behind the boxes right on A site that I actually had in my line of sight but I missed him cause I was too focused on catwalk, when that NiP guy came up ramp and lit me up.

When that guy peeked out after we ran past the smoke, he checked long even though we were all running right next to him up ramp. Must have had bad speakers or something, I don't know how he didn't hear us immediately.

That makes it even more amazing then. Because I was in total awe watching it from his side and seeing your team highlight just go through that smoke with him not going crazy on the smoke.

Ilúvatar

"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."

- The bane of my existence right now.

As I'm rather new to (spectating) competitive scene I have a question regarding it. Are there any hostage matches or is it just defusal? Does the former get featured in tournaments?

KiKaL

It's just defuse maps in serious competitive/league matches. However you can play hostage maps in CS:GO's built in competitive mm but it's not usually taken very seriously or popular.

Ilúvatar

As I'm rather new to (spectating) competitive scene I have a question regarding it. Are there any hostage matches or is it just defusal? Does the former get featured in tournaments?

As a rule, cs maps are even more imbalanced than the most out of whack de maps (looking at you, Nuke). This is one of the reasons that cs maps are not featured in professional tournaments/leagues.

CoolS

Ilúvatar;107696513 said:
As a rule, cs maps are even more imbalanced than the most out of whack de maps (looking at you, Nuke). This is one of the reasons that cs maps are not featured in professional tournaments/leagues.

Funny enough, me and my mates have been doing a lot better as T side on nuke in the last couple of matches than we did on CT. It's very strange sometimes.

Ilúvatar

Funny enough, me and my mates have been doing a lot better as T side on nuke in the last couple of matches than we did on CT. It's very strange sometimes.

Yeah, the meta is beginning to break down a little. It isn't as uncommon to see teams put up big numbers as CT on Dust2 or T on Nuke as it used to be.

CoolS

I suck at gold nova 3. Need to go back to gold nova 2.
You've never truly ready for Gold Nova 3. I'm at Master Guardian and I'm still not ready for Nova 3.
I'm finally ranked, Gold Nova 2. Got it on my fourth tie game.

Been ranking up pretty fast in my last couple of matches too and suddenly I am Nova 3. Yeah, suddenly having to play against MGs is a whole other ballgame. Now I either have matches where my main goal is to contribute somehow to my team because I get killed left and right, or the ones where I seem to be on a roll and end up topping the scoreboard. I have the feeling I might fall down to Nova 1 or so as the time goes by.

Ilúvatar;107560196 said:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/558752450362454158/

Saw this while I was browsing the community just now. Seems worth checking out.

Tried it. Probably just my imagination but I feel like it helped my aim improve a little bit. Rest in piece, my old turquois crosshair with dot in the middle (at least for now)

Looking forward to the enxt operation where it probably will be included. Also looking forward to see the changes in person, good that they added a new path for faster rotations.

jordisok

Went from Gold Nova Master to MG1 yesterday, really surprised me was expecting a down rank :| I was MG2 before my break but been struggling loads with Nova 3/4 this time round.

Only playing solo in competitive though, anyone from EU/UK looking for competitive chums ?

I made a dot crosshair. It's kind of ugly but really helpful. I wish TF2 had this kind of crosshair customization without needing tons of scripts.

hHuPK8J.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I knew that certain knives were worth thousands of dollars, but I had no idea some were worth tens of thousands. But after all the TF2 and Dota 2 shenanigans, I can't say I'm surprised.

People want the knives.

Of course, isn't the Karambits higher?
At this rate, a factory new, Stattrak, crimson web Karambit is probably worth enough to pay off a bunch of student loans. Or a new car.

valeo

That is absolutely nuts. As soon as you buy something like that, it goes down in value right? Why the hell would anyone do it?

KingKong

Ok the picture is fake. But the knife is still real and one of a kind, so it will still sell for something like 10k

That is absolutely nuts. As soon as you buy something like that, it goes down in value right? Why the hell would anyone do it?

Its based on its rarity, so the value goes down if more get unboxed. Which is entirely based on Valve

soultron

Banned
Work's gotten so busy that I've not played regularly for like 2-3 weeks. Played some TDM last night and felt like such a noob.

Good news is that I'm getting better at modeling and texturing so I'm getting closer to being able to finish my map by myself. It may not look pretty though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused. What's happening?

Aside from stream viewers calling 911 and pranking his house.

Yes, that's what's happening. Someone decided to prank call 911 and send them to his street because they thought it would be hilarious to divert emergency workers away from possibly attending an to actual, life-threatening emergency and send them outside the house of a CS pro player.

Basically, some people are so fucked in the head they don't give a shit about possibly risking the lives of others as long as they get a laugh from trolling someone on the Internet.

snack

n0thing is such a chill dude. Why are people eve doing this to him? Other CS:GO personalties like Shahzam and moE and I'd understand. Those guys are different.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
At this rate, a factory new, Stattrak, crimson web Karambit is probably worth enough to pay off a bunch of student loans. Or a new car.

Too bad I don't play online because stat tracks. Otherwise I'd do it in the hopes of getting mortgage payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom