• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Nope. Ignore TF2, give CSGO a bit of content, use TF2 and CSGO community-produced content to make revenue from keys and the market, put that money towards Dota 2. That's the Valve Way.

Yea, with the amount of money this game generates there's no way they couldn't afford 128 tick servers for matchmaking. They're generating shit out of thin air that costs them little to nothing to make and people are paying $24k for it :|

People pretty much pay monthly for ESEA just so they don't have to play on Valve's garbage servers. Open your damn eyes Gabe.

CoolS

Road to gold nova a success!
Reached Gold Nova Master now. One the one hand i like it. On the other, I can't play with my buddies anymore who are all in the Silvers because they start complaining that its my fault the enemies are too good when we are loosing a game :/

chessnut

Anyone else feel like it just got a lot easier to rank up? I was badge during winter break, then for whatever reason fell to ak/ak wings rank for the last 3 months. Now I'm double AK again but I don't feel like I'm playing any better.

CoolS

Anyone else feel like it just got a lot easier to rank up? I was badge during winter break, then for whatever reason fell to ak/ak wings rank for the last 3 months. Now I'm double AK again but I don't feel like I'm playing any better.

I think it might have something to do with more people playing it and the perceived skill level of the Nova ranks becoming lower. So basically there are more people playing, so more of them get into better ranks even though they might not be that good. If that makes any sense.

CoolS

I finally reached Master Guardian Elite. From Silver 1 to MGE, gonna keep going :D

Another thing I just read in the official forums, is that with the recent banning the ranks are messes up

See here.

spk

Nope. Ignore TF2, give CSGO a bit of content, use TF2 and CSGO community-produced content to make revenue from keys and the market, put that money towards Dota 2. That's the Valve Way.

Valve has already given reason for not moving from 64 tick - a large portion of the player base can not run the game beyond 40fps. It's not just Valve being greedy.

CoolS

Valve has already given reason for not moving from 64 tick - a large portion of the player base can not run the game beyond 40fps. It's not just Valve being greedy.

That's not even the issue. They could give us the option for it, they just don't wamnt to spend the money. People would even be willing to pay a few bucks for it.

KingKong

oh Counter Strike

E5B1FdF.png

Smokey

Seriously?

Maybe I'm oblivious due to my set up...

It's the game fairly demanding on mid tier GPUs?

impact

Banned

I don't buy this at all. Not just as a reason for not having good servers that actually register bullets, but I don't believe that many people play below 40fps. This game will run at 60fps on a toaster.

Valve is cheap, and 64tick servers cost much less than 128tick.

bbd23

Reached Gold Nova Master now. One the one hand i like it. On the other, I can't play with my buddies anymore who are all in the Silvers because they start complaining that its my fault the enemies are too good when we are loosing a game :/

ahahah we do the same thing to my buddy who is also your rank xD.

its all fun though. its a good way to get to the higher ranks I believe we can definitely hang with them.

cHinzo

Wish it was possible to disable post processing without the need of sv_cheats. It would give people with a weaker rig (or people like me who are playing on a laptop) a huge fps boost.

Anyways, just made it to Distinguished Master Guardian and I don't feel like I'm playing better after making it to AK lol. Started out in Nova 2, dropped down to Silver Elite before making my way to DMG. Feels pretty good. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wish it was possible to disable post processing without the need of sv_cheats. It would give people with a weaker rig (or people like me who are playing on a laptop) a huge fps boost.

Plus, it looks better.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hey guys, quick question. I just got back into this and am totally unfamiliar with the inventory stuff. If you use a weapon from a drop, can you still sell it? And if you can use it, does it hurt the value?

Hey guys, quick question. I just got back into this and am totally unfamiliar with the inventory stuff. If you use a weapon from a drop, can you still sell it? And if you can use it, does it hurt the value?
Skins are always marketable, and while there are different levels of wear that's just how they are when you get them, they don't degrade afterwards.

spk

I don't buy this at all. Not just as a reason for not having good servers that actually register bullets, but I don't believe that many people play below 40fps. This game will run at 60fps on a toaster.

Valve is cheap, and 64tick servers cost much less than 128tick.
I think matters because of the interaction between framerate and netcode. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe that about the player population if it's anything like 1.6 was

CoolS

ahahah we do the same thing to my buddy who is also your rank xD.

its all fun though. its a good way to get to the higher ranks I believe we can definitely hang with them.
Well we lost two matches against teams of mainly nova2 and 3s and now I'm down to Nova 3 again. I can carry them to an extent but I'm simply not good enough to pull of great shit all the time. ^^

We did a lot better after in ranked down though, 2 matches won.

Heh, I played with this guy (KennyS) today. His clanmates were alright (even though they talked Polish quite a bit) but this guy was constantly yelling in his mic.

Well that's quite strange considering he's from a french team not polish :p

Not sure if you played with the real KennyS..

Divius

Well that's quite strange considering he's from a french team not polish :p

Not sure if you played with the real KennyS..
Haha, then either I'm getting my languages mixed up or I'm going crazy, dunno. Name/avatar was the same at least, two other guys with the same avatar/clantag. I can't watch the game back to check. Oh well, whatever.

cHinzo

Probably someone pretending to be a 'pro' player. Easiest way to recognise a pro player is they usually have a Dreamhack badge behind their name. *taken from KennyS' facebook*

10005949_712633665452042_1350610449_o.jpg

Those guys from LDLC and Titan also has those when I see em on the deathmatch server. :d

Haha, then either I'm getting my languages mixed up or I'm going crazy, dunno. Name/avatar was the same at least, two other guys with the same avatar/clantag. I can't watch the game back to check. Oh well, whatever.

Haha, it's unfortunately quite common to pretend to be pro players. It actually happens loads when people are cheating as well, doesn't sound like that the case. But they pretend to be one of the top players and then wall hack like crazy :(

Ilúvatar

Semmler making a mess in his pantaloons over the fire in this Copenhagen Games match.

trinidad-james-pop-molly-woo.gif

Apparently CSGO Lounge messed up and was allowing people to place bets 3/4 of the way through the ESC vs NDG game... wish someone had told me.

Does anyone here use altPUG? Snacks and I have been experimenting with it. 128 tick is a huuuuuuuge improvement over MM but equitable match-ups are harder to come by.

cheezcake

Was just in a game where the 4 players on the other team were paying the 5th to blatantly hack just to boost their rank up.

I really wish there was a way for players like that to be banned also.

CoolS

Well we accused him of hacking in all chat, then they all admitted what was going on. Guy even told us to add him, $1 a game and he'd boost us too jesus

I don't get why people would do this. I don't get cheating either, but having yourself boosted to a better rank seems to make even less sense. What do you gain from that? If you play on your new ransk by yourself you're guaranteed to loose in most cases.
Is it just about having the bigger epenis or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom