• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezcake

I don't get why people would do this. I don't get cheating either, but having yourself boosted to a better rank seems to make even less sense. What do you gain from that? If you play on your new ransk by yourself you're guaranteed to loose in most cases.
Is it just about having the bigger epenis or what?

It's terrible, and ever since I ranked up to DMG the amount of hackers I see has skyrocketed

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's terrible, and ever since I ranked up to DMG the amount of hackers I see has skyrocketed
As a fellow DMG, I haven't noticed this. What I have noticed is a wild inconsistency between players' skills at that rank. You can tell who was carried up to that rank.

Uriah

Any advice for using the AK? I know you're supposed to pull down on the 3rd shot but I keep getting bursted-down by the M4.

Oreoleo

Any advice for using the AK? I know you're supposed to pull down on the 3rd shot but I keep getting bursted-down by the M4.

I try to keep it to 1 or 2-shot bursts. In my experience it seems you can fire bullets two at a time very quickly without really losing much accuracy or having to worry about recoil. There's something about the AK in full auto that I find completely unwieldy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEqVInxyL5w

Maybe you've seen this before. But it really shows off how crazy accurate the AK can be if you don't rely on auto-fire.

CoolS

Having been out of cs for a while, whats the go with the item drops at the end of round, are they purely random?

You can get up to 2 crates and 2-3 weapon skin drops each week. Who they drop for and when is pretty random though, yeah.

So basically: random drops till you get like 4 items in a week, afterwards nothing till it resets (on Thursday I believe)

cheezcake

WrIKgvY.jpg

5 unranked, I just feel bad for them now

You can get up to 2 crates and 2-3 weapon skin drops each week. Who they drop for and when is pretty random though, yeah.

So basically: random drops till you get like 4 items in a week, afterwards nothing till it resets (on Thursday I believe)

Ah, thanks.

cheezcake

How does that even happen? How do you get matched up like that?

ELO probably rises and falls in much larger chunks for unranked players to help get an accurate calibration, they probably won a match against nova ranks and got matched up with us

cHinzo

As a fellow DMG, I haven't noticed this. What I have noticed is a wild inconsistency between players' skills at that rank. You can tell who was carried up to that rank.

Haven't experienced any cheaters yet as a DMG. There is indeed a wild variety of player's skill level at this rank. Some people got the sickest aim and pull off the most awesome clutches. Then u got people like me who still can't use an AWP, know tapping/bursting will get the kills but would still panic spray ocassionally instead and can drop a 25 bomb at one side, but hardly get more than 5 frags when the switch happens.

It's fun though, since the matches are very close. My last two games were like two 16-14 wins.

Clydefrog

lost connection in a game where i was top frag. last round. i rejoined just in time to see us win but i didn't get to rejoin. Bot Walt was my replacement.

we won 16-14

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
From /vg/.

Now I can play with bots exclusively and pretend I'm opening crates with the rest of you. :D

Aerocrane

I finally got ranked.
ibfuaE8FpqVA4y.png

I thought that I would get a silver rank at best, but this works out quite well as most of my friends who I play with are also Gold Novas.

CoolS

Ilúvatar;108969246 said:
Currently on a seven game losing streak and hating life.

Tell me about it. I miss the easiest shots, plus I just played with the WORST team ever. Like relllay bad. I tell them they're rushing outer B on nuke. Oh you just sit around on A anyway till the time runs out. Well fuck you too!

Ended up getting 2 drops in a row after posting the question.

Fixed.

It all started going downhill in the previous episode, when you could see him forcing situations by trolling. It was still good for the most part. This one was boring, couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

Think I agree. It's less "oh shit thats hilarious" and more "oh.. he's shooting his teammates and acting like a dick" which is fun. But it's not, really anywhere near as amusing to watch.

Ilúvatar

Tell me about it. I miss the easiest shots, plus I just played with the WORST team ever. Like relllay bad. I tell them they're rushing outer B on nuke. Oh you just sit around on A anyway till the time runs out. Well fuck you too!

It all started when my settings were reset to default (?!?) and I haven't been able to find my sensitivity since then.

Clydefrog

Fixed.

It all started going downhill in the previous episode, when you could see him forcing situations by trolling. It was still good for the most part. This one was boring, couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

I agree; it wasn’t as funny as the first four. He is good at giving commentary for the chickens though. He should do a full video of chickens being dicks.

sunnz

NEVER has my skill in a game been so inconsistent..

Sometimes I go 25/30 - 15 and everything clicks but then I have that game where nothing seems to work and go like 5-20 since I somehow only get 2 or 3 hits or getting 5 hits only results in like 70 damage.

The combat feels so random ( like the game decides whether to count the gunshots or not, i mean there are even times I count more hits than the game registers!)

Still absolutely love it, quickest I have put 100 hours into a game.

The hunt for the guns is awesome and love the skins and the business side. Like you can put down £10 into steam and if you're lucky with the drops you probably won't need to do it for some times. Like I brought 2 weapon case 3 keys for £3 and got stattrak glock 18 and stainless stattrak usp, sold the glock alone for £4.15. tried again and got the two shittiest guns worth 1p, so doesn't always work but I have made more than I have lost.

My deaths defiantly go up when I am playing as a terrorist, m4a1 is just too good.

Ashhong

I opened this game up for like the second time since launch just to try out the graphics on my new PC and goddamn is it hard. Other people are so good it feels like they're hacking :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom