• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmang

Find out that adding money to my steam account locks me out from buying/selling for 7 days (after they take my money they tell me, of course) and then immediately jump in a game where the entire other team is hacking and my team is trolling. Fun times.

Robot Pants

Find out that adding money to my steam account locks me out from buying/selling for 7 days (after they take my money they tell me, of course) and then immediately jump in a game where the entire other team is hacking and my team is trolling. Fun times.

Valve pls.

I ranked up to MGE today. Am I good yet?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I had that happen when I got a refund once. I get a Valve refund, and then they restrict me from market for a week because I added funds to my wallet from a new source - yeah, Valve! Sheesh.

Valve pls.

I ranked up to MGE today. Am I good yet?

Obama would be pleased.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I had this problem, it wouldn't let me buy/sell on my browser but it would let me do it via the Steam program.

ViviOggi

Fnatic better not throw this
rage.gif

Did Na'Vi pick Train?

Strider

I don't understand the ranking system at all. I go up and down when I feel like it shouldn't happen. Anyway, no longer Nova...

uninstalling

impact

Banned
Somehow went 5/5 betting in that little tourney. That was close!

NaVi would be so good if they stole a player or two from HR I think.

ViviOggi

Four man "clan", one guy goes 0-9 and abandons without a word. The others keep trying to pull off the same shitty A bluff they thought up for Inferno every single round which literally never works, instead of planting on the fully cleared A site they try to sneak to B and die to the last CT. The only rounds we're winning is me pulling some clutch plays (and I'm terrible). When they clearly don't give a fuck anymore I question the integrity of their clan and shoot one of them down to 10 so they proceed to kill both me and each other in spawn, two more of them eating comp bans. The last remaining guy thankfully agreed with my surrender vote.

I should know better than to queue for a final late night match

soultron

Banned
Four man "clan", one guy goes 0-9 and abandons without a word. The others keep trying to pull off the same shitty A bluff they thought up for Inferno every single round which literally never works, instead of planting on the fully cleared A site they try to sneak to B and die to the last CT. The only rounds we're winning is me pulling some clutch plays (and I'm terrible). When they clearly don't give a fuck anymore I question the integrity of their clan and shoot one of them down to 10 so they proceed to kill both me and each other in spawn, two more of them eating comp bans. The last remaining guy thankfully agreed with my surrender vote.

I should know better than to queue for a final late night match

Hah. That's kind of amazing.

EZ skins. 4 out of 4 bets today

2 M4A4 Xray
M4a1 Guardian
Awp Corticera
CZ Treadplate Stattrak
m4a1 blood tiger

are the highlights. Mmmm

ChrisW

What determines who gets an award at the end of the match? I've been playing for about 30+ hours now and have only got one phoenix case.. although some people are joining matches with two rounds to go and get a rare (from what I can deem from peoples chat reactions) gun skins etc...

Shadownet

Banned
What determines who gets an award at the end of the match? I've been playing for about 30+ hours now and have only got one phoenix case.. although some people are joining matches with two rounds to go and get a rare (from what I can deem from peoples chat reactions) gun skins etc...

How much Gaben loves you. And from the look of this, he doesn't care much about you mate.

its completely random.

Sullichin

I only play casual deathmatch when I play CS:GO. I'm still pretty bad, but I'm a lot better than I was. What's the best way to get into objective modes? The casual demolition playlist? Spectate some games? I don't have a mic and I have all voices muted, because in deathmatch at least, people are unbearably annoying. Is this considered unacceptable?

I'm at a point where I'm fascinated by the game. I have about 50 hours under my belt which I know is nothing for a game like this but it still amazes me that I can play it that much and come into this thread and not have any idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

Also, I installed this on my MacBook so I can play when I travel. Needless to say it performs like absolute shit compared to my desktop. It's a 15" Retina MBP with 16GBRAM and a 750m...it shouldn't be running so shitty. I got performance up a little bit by using smc fan control, forcing the 750m in system preferences, and using low resolution/settings in game. It's still not great though. Are there any tricks I can try to get the Mac version running better? There's also a lot of annoying bugs like disappearing cursors, and a cropped screen when I change my resolution. Looking online these seem like old bugs that will probably never get fixed. Again, I normally play on PC but it would be nice to get it running well on my Mac too.

ChrisW

I'm getting about 50fps from my mid 2010 mbp, all settings on lowest and resolution down to 720, I get the occasional stutter, but it's fine.

I'm pretty new too, add me ChrisUK90

Sullichin

I'm getting about 50fps from my mid 2010 mbp, all settings on lowest and resolution down to 720, I get the occasional stutter, but it's fine.

I'm pretty new too, add me ChrisUK90

Added.

It turns out that the "Global Shadow Quality" option in video settings was what was really messing up my FPS. With that on Very Low I'm getting much better performance. Still getting the ocassional stutter and it's not quite as smooth as when I played using Bootcamp, but definitely quite playable. Just need a backup mouse for when I play on my Mac. I'm ecstatic if I get a positive K/D using this fucking magic mouse. My fingers are so cramped.

ChrisW

Yeah think in going to pick up a new mouse today too, I'm using this crappy mini Microsoft mouse, I look like I have a claw for a hand after playing for a few hours cause it's so small and my hands are pretty big.

Rivitur

Banned
So I believe games today will play out like this:

VP over NiP
IBUYPLANETICKETS over area 51
Exertus/elevate over Lunatik
I wanna say c9 over ibp but come on IBP only plays to beat c9, that's all they train for.
Exertus/elevate over NCG.

Also was pleasantly surprised by Energy.heat's play yesterday in the south African tournament (for pride) that they won which Burning Red put together. Gg wp for those guys.

i'm terrible at this game

Probably better than me! I'm Silver 1, only started playing and never really done FPS on a PC before so not too surprising.

Tried playing with two friends who are new though and the matchmaking matched us with two high silvers (4 and 5 I think) and the other team were all Gold Novas.

Well my friends are never playing CS GO again after that stomp

Rivitur

Banned
pls no

Also 81-19 in favor of IBP, ez throw
VP nip might be going the distance and VP should ban nuke and not cbbl if their smart.

81-19 the area game? It is dust 2 which wouldn't rule out an upset but unless araya goes off I see this being 16-8 ibp. They haven't thrown in a while so they might wait for the c9 game later ; P

Eh, if it was a best of 1 or 3 you might be on to something, but I find it really hard to believe that they'd lose a best of 5.
Overpass......... Its gnna happen.

CoolS

So I believe games today will play out like this:

VP over NiP
IBUYPLANETICKETS over area 51
Exertus/elevate over Lunatik
I wanna say c9 over ibp but come on IBP only plays to beat c9, that's all they train for.
Exertus/elevate over NCG.

Also was pleasantly surprised by Energy.heat's play yesterday in the south African tournament (for pride) that they won which Burning Red put together. Gg wp for those guys.

I'm pretty sure NiP is gonna take it since its best of 5.

And I know it's rather risky, but I bet again on C9. Don't fail me guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom