• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroon

The Drunk
After the booze has entered their system the drunk is able to get picks, and be a decent all around player. Although callouts happen every so often.

Tunnel is Love, Tunnel is Life.

Yeah I'm down to play again. I can try to set up game tomorrow. It will probably be between 6 p.m central standard time - to whenever.

I can not play during the weekends (Work), but I am free during the week days (excluding Friday).

Mokoi

Banned
I can not play during the weekends (Work), but I am free during the week days (excluding Friday).

Ahh ok I missed that. Was too tired to read. lol.

I'll probably only be able to play on Thursday most likely. I'll just message you on steam if I do set up a lobby earlier than Thursday.

Haroon

Ahh ok I missed that. Was too tired to read. lol.

I'll probably only be able to play on Thursday most likely. I'll just message you on steam if I do set up a lobby earlier than Thursday.

Alright, sounds good mon. I will prepare myself, and attempt to get sixty frags this time.

Edit: Current roster is Shala, Mokoi, and Atsou. I think we had Phoenix, and the Bubs man.

Making Better Designs

The CS:GO workshop community constantly amazes us with weapon finishes and stickers of increasingly high quality. We have currently shipped over 70 weapon submissions made by the community and all together, CS:GO weapon finish creators have earned over $3 million, with each finish earning over $40,000 on average.

Since shipping the first community case, we've gathered and responded to a variety of contributor questions. Common questions include "how do I get my submission in a case?", and "what can I do better to get my work noticed?". These are useful questions to answer for all contributors, so we've outlined our answers in the form of contributor tips below:

Tips for Contributors
Submit only high quality designs that were made by you. The entirety of the submission must be your creation; no clip art. It must be original content and if the work is the result of collaboration then every contributor must be listed in the contributor revenue share. The designs that you submit must be of high quality in execution. Showing your process is a great way to stand out and demonstrate the quality and originality of your work.

For weapon finishes, consider making finishes for weapons that have few high quality submissions. Some weapons don’t have a lot of high quality finishes submitted for them (Duel Berettas and Negev for example). Making high quality original finishes for those weapons is great way to stand out and increase you chances of making it into a case. Keep in mind each item in a case gets an equal share of the revenue.

Vary the techniques, themes and finish types, and try to experiment with new ones. When putting together cases and capsules we look for items that vary in technique and theme. Technique is the type of artwork that is used. Graphic patterns and hand painted designs are examples of different techniques. Example for themes would be finishes that look Sci-fi or Military. If you are making finishes for a particular weapon you may want to make one with a technique or theme that is under-represented, or hasn't been attempted yet. Certain types of finishes are also underrepresented in the workshop. In particular finishes that allow for flexibility in the way a pattern is applied to a weapon. These offer players a chance to get a unique version of a weapon finish.

Don't fixate on bold designs. Cases and capsules also contain designs that vary in saturation and contrast. Currently on the workshop we see many high contrast highly saturated designs. These designs can be identified from a distance but equally important are designs that are subtle enough to only be noticed when held, as different players have different preferences when it comes to broadcasting their weapon finish choice. Try making designs that vary in saturation and contrast. Sometimes making a subtle design is actually harder than a bold one.

Don't forget about popularity. Getting your finish upvoted and noticed is a great way to demonstrate desirability and collect feedback that will help you iterate on it. One of the factors we use to gauge community interest is the popularity of a submission.

Hopefully this information is helpful when you are making decisions on what to work on. We look forward to seeing even more amazing work from the CS:GO Community.

impact

Banned
I know most people don't play on incredibly organized teams but what role do you usually see yourself as?

Mine.
Whiner -
The primary complainer. - Stays quiet until killed and usually bitches about lag or his framerate.

I'd say probably playmaker to be honest. I'm usually 1st or 2nd in frags and most consistent clutcher in my group.

Finally reached my goal of knife

93F1CFACEBCF372FD50B9C6D0FF8845FBE325BB1

Gonna rack up some more skins and eventually trade up for a CH or CW, but I'm pretty gutted in the skins dept. from trading up to this bad boy.

Also extremely frustrating when you get tossed the bomb when you either a) are top frag or b) just pulled off some great entries. However, whenever I get the bomb I just try and play a different role, although I end up moving up and tossing it to the side and entrying eventually anyway.
Haha,this always happens to me. People don't like the responsibility of being bomb carrier but fail to understand entry shouldn't carry.
Toss to side, clear site by self, go back and fetch bomb, pat everyone on the back and tell em site is safe to enter (at least for a few seconds). 90% of my MM games.

At least my 10 man group is better, they'll pass me bomb every time as well but in those games I'll just fill a different role. I know they'll actually make the entries themselves.

You should join next time we're both on for MM, one if us can entry and the other can be their backup. We could have some executes with some form of organisation. =)

ironmang

Yup, I mainly entry for my group when I can, and the worst feeling is getting two entries on a site, get killed, then watch as your group somehow lose a 4v2 site hold. Also extremely frustrating when you get tossed the bomb when you either a) are top frag or b) just pulled off some great entries. However, whenever I get the bomb I just try and play a different role, although I end up moving up and tossing it to the side and entrying eventually anyway.

I hate when people just drop the bomb to anybody at the beginning of the round. Like they have no idea what to do with it. Say, if the team is going to work A on d2 then just carry it that 50 feet and throw it on the ground outside of long. Unless they have a long spawn, they really shouldn't be unable to do this small task that really helps the team out.

Wunder

Haha,this always happens to me. People don't like the responsibility of being bomb carrier but fail to understand entry shouldn't carry.
Toss to side, clear site by self, go back and fetch bomb, pat everyone on the back and tell em site is safe to enter (at least for a few seconds). 90% of my MM games.

At least my 10 man group is better, they'll pass me bomb every time as well but in those games I'll just fill a different role. I know they'll actually make the entries themselves.

You should join next time we're both on for MM, one if us can entry and the other can be their backup. We could have some executes with some form of organisation. =)

Yeah for sure! I have weird playing times but we should try and get a couple games in sometime.

I hate when people just drop the bomb to anybody at the beginning of the round. Like they have no idea what to do with it. Say, if the team is going to work A on d2 then just carry it that 50 feet and throw it on the ground outside of long. Unless they have a long spawn, they really shouldn't be unable to do this small task that really helps the team out.

Yup, sometimes they'll do it if they're awping or something, but usually people just don't like having the bomb, but then end up not making any plays.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had Internet for 2 weeks and counting, what did I miss for the anniversary? I just managed to get BT Hot Spot working via USB tethering on my tablet which is better than nothing, I wish I had known about this 2 weeks ago as I've being going crazy with no net at all.

I haven't had Internet for 2 weeks and counting, what did I miss for the anniversary? I just managed to get BT Hot Spot working via USB tethering on my tablet which is better than nothing, I wish I had known about this 2 weeks ago as I've being going crazy with no net at all.

100 dollar confetti tazers and party hat wearing chickens.

Omega

Banned
I don't get people like that. I like to win myself but when people just talk shit I go out of my way to make sure we lose.

Like the other day we were winning 5-0 on one of the new garbage maps. I decided to flank from A and my teammates died at B because they're trash. One dude flips out and starts talking shit, next round a teammate chokes on a kill and he's flipping out on him. So I end up not even trying the rest of the match while this guy cries.

I don't care about w/l. matchmaking is meaningless and lol 64 tick. I'll gladly lose to just ruin some kids night.

Strider

I don't get people like that. I like to win myself but when people just talk shit I go out of my way to make sure we lose.

Like the other day we were winning 5-0 on one of the new garbage maps. I decided to flank from A and my teammates died at B because they're trash. One dude flips out and starts talking shit, next round a teammate chokes on a kill and he's flipping out on him. So I end up not even trying the rest of the match while this guy cries.

I don't care about w/l. matchmaking is meaningless and lol 64 tick. I'll gladly lose to just ruin some kids night.

You shouldn't lose on purpose.

But yes he has a problem and you should just mute players like that and carry on.

Omega

Banned

You shouldn't lose on purpose.

But yes he has a problem and you should just mute players like that and carry on.

It's essentially cyber bullying so I'm going to continue to lose on purpose.

What a lot of people don't understand is that person you tell to go kill themselves, or thow worthless they are could be battling depression and use video games as an escape from reality.

I feel like me helping some scumbag win would be condoning those actions, and as someone who used video games as an outlet from depression, nah, that's not happening. I know most people won't agree with the way I handle things but that's just how it is.

Obviously I'll play seriously if my teammates are willing to boot him from the room. For some reason no one ever wants to kick anyone though

rac

Banned
Anyone think its a good idea to trade my dragonclaw hook for a knife? I never play pudge and would much rather have an item that I would actually use,
I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom