• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnz

Played a MM on overpass last night. Gotta say that I see a lot of potential in that map. I like where it's at, although there is a lot to learn.

Yea, great map. Sadly I also have dust 2 selected( never get tired of it, such a good map) so I hardly ever get to play it.

I am not a fan of hostage missions but I really do like Rush as well. Insertion is awesome too but both being hostage missions makes them kinda meh.
Insertion looks like something straight out of L4D.

Saved up £40 for the next case to drop, gonna get like 20 keys and 20 cases.
Any idea when that is?

Omega

Banned
It amazes me how much of a steal the CS "dlc" is. They almost literally pay you to buy it

I made like $40 off the last operation. could possibly make around $20 right now if I wanted to from mission drops. I think I paid like $3 or something since it was on sale during ESL

MayMay

Banned
Some stats about the ESL One CSGO Tournament

ESLOne_GC14_CSGO_Infographic.jpg

http://www.eslgaming.com/article/katowices-records-smashed-esl-one-cologne-infographic

knife me if old

garath

It amazes me how much of a steal the CS "dlc" is. They almost literally pay you to buy it

I made like $40 off the last operation. could possibly make around $20 right now if I wanted to from mission drops. I think I paid like $3 or something since it was on sale during ESL

Didn't even realize there was purchasable DLC like that. Hmm.. I should look into it I guess.

Omega

Banned
Didn't even realize there was purchasable DLC like that. Hmm.. I should look into it I guess.

It's not really DLC since you can play the maps whether you buy the operation passes or not. You just can't level up your badges and I think you won't get cases. I know with one of them you could get cases, but the drop rate for non-operation owners were much lower.

I've sold stuff for $147.96. Most of that is CS. Maybe $5 at most came from cards I didn't really care about. I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Scream is insane indeed, sadly his playstyle is so against the meta. There was plenty of kills he could have gotten if he actually sprayed, but 1 tap is his style.

cresto

Yea, great map. Sadly I also have dust 2 selected( never get tired of it, such a good map) so I hardly ever get to play it.

I am not a fan of hostage missions but I really do like Rush as well. Insertion is awesome too but both being hostage missions makes them kinda meh.
Insertion looks like something straight out of L4D.

Saved up £40 for the next case to drop, gonna get like 20 keys and 20 cases.
Any idea when that is?

I don't understand why people want to only play d2. I am so sick of that map even though I just got back into CSGO not too long ago. It's a fantastic map, but i want to play different maps typically.

Omega

Banned
Dust 2 was the first map I removed from my rotation.

A) I'm tired of playing it
B) People still don't know how to play it

I know most people don't play on incredibly organized teams but what role do you usually see yourself as?

Entry Fragger - The first one in. - Aggressive. Great shot. Great communication.

Playmaker -
Get trade kills if the Entry Fragger goes down. - Aggressive. Great shot. Great in the clutch. Great communication.

Strat Caller -
Calls the round strategies (and/or ct positioning). - Great knowledge of the game. Great communication.

Support -
Aid those in need of a pop flash or smoke. - Great knowledge of nades. Passive. Can stay calm and pick up trade kills. Great communication.

Awper -
The primary awp. - Great reaction time. Great aim. Can entry. Great communication.

Lurker -
Unpredictable to keep the enemies on their toes. - Great knowledge of rotations. Great positioning. Great use of sound. Great communication.

Mine.
Whiner -
The primary complainer. - Stays quiet until killed and usually bitches about lag or his framerate.

soultron

Banned
Shit.
You call out info when you see it, you don't know maps very well yet, can't really shoot, sometimes you're top fragger, but you still screw up clutch situations where it actually matters.

That's me.

I'm the Entry Fragger.
I'm a terrible strat caller.
I'm sometimes a lurker.
Awping is easy as hell, I won't even count it.
I'm working on my support by studying grenade spots.

What sucks about being an Entry fragger is that you agree to attack site with your teammates and they leave you to die then retreat.

Like I'm attacking B on Dust 2. They stop at the tunnels after I set everything up for a rush that seems likely to succeed if we had teamwork. I get a frag then die because no support, then we lost our chance. They camp the tunnels then get pincer attacked from stairs and tunnels.

Divius

I just to think I was a Lurker, somewhat of a wildcard, unexpected but reliable. But recently I've just been terrible whatever my role. Also my mic is broken so not so great at comms lately.

ironmang

Anybody have any decent knives for sale? Looking to get something nice in the ~150 range. Prefer m9, huntsman, or very nice gut knife.

When I'm playing with an organized group I usually fill the entry/playmaker roles unless something else is needed at the time.

What sucks about being an Entry fragger is that you agree to attack site with your teammates and they leave you to die then retreat.

Like I'm attacking B on Dust 2. They stop at the tunnels after I set everything up for a rush that seems likely to succeed if we had teamwork. I get a frag then die because no support, then we lost our chance. They camp the tunnels then get pincer attacked from stairs and tunnels.
Yup, so soul crushing to make an entry to a site, die, then spend a minute or so watching your team mates hiding somewhere instead of following suit or making a different play.
It only really happens to me below MGE level but sometimes it just doesn't register that my team mates aren't going to help and I end up playing solo entry.

I know for my sanity's sake I should try a more passive role but god damn it someone has to play entry and a lot of the time if I don't, my team will all end up camping nuke lobby/mirage apps/cache toxic/d2 tunnels or somewhere equally stupid.
It's like they're just waiting around for you to clear a site by yourself and give the all clear.

cHinzo

Sounds like this. :D

I would consider myself a support. Knowing most flash and smokes on the maps. Still sad not many people flash each other in when going around corners. Makes peeking a lot easier.

Haroon

To the individuals that I had the pleasure of playing with last week. Would you like to do it again later this week? I am free during the weekday nights (excluding Friday).

I'm definitely entry fragger overall, although I have been taking on the AWP role more when we don't have Sajjaja or Kanokare with us.

I hate this so much. It's so hard to get people out of tunnels. Especially in pubs.

Sounds like this. :D

I would consider myself a support. Knowing most flash and smokes on the maps. Still sad not many people flash each other in when going around corners. Makes peeking a lot easier.
1:13 in a nutshell. I smoke off the boxes and flash my way in. I get a kill, but generally get killed in a 2 v 1 at times while my teammates are still in the tunnel.

There is a reason why I hate B rushes now.

Shadownet

Banned
I am never going to complete this mission to win 16 rounds on Rush. 21 minutes in solo queue and still nothing.
I did 2 missions on Rush within the last 3 days. Won both. :p what level are you?

I know most people don't play on incredibly organized teams but what role do you usually see yourself as?

I'm usually support or lurker. Since I do better hanging back and picking off people that try to rotate behind.

The only time when I call Strat is when guys like animl, Paul, edgy, isn't around. Aka the nova people.

Last night I called strat on Castle and Rush. We ended up doing really well.

Mokoi

Banned

The Drunk
After the booze has entered their system the drunk is able to get picks, and be a decent all around player. Although callouts happen every so often.

I hate this so much. It's so hard to get people out of tunnels. Especially in pubs.

Tunnel is Love, Tunnel is Life.

To the individuals that I had the pleasure of playing with last week. Would you like to do it again later this week? I am free during the weekday nights (excluding Friday).

Yeah I'm down to play again. I can try to set up game tomorrow. It will probably be between 6 p.m central standard time - to whenever.

zon

Once upon a time (something like 10 years ago) I was the Awper and/or Lurker.

Today I'm just confused with moments of brilliance once in a blue moon. :)

I wouldn't mind doing a MM with fellow Euros sometime, just send me a PM if you want my steamname, I'm only master guardian elite though.

cHinzo

1:13 in a nutshell. I smoke off the boxes and flash my way in. I get a kill, but generally get killed in a 2 v 1 at times while my teammates are still in the tunnel.

There is a reason why I hate B rushes now.

Even on ecos I really like to go B through mid on my own. A pistol, a smoke and one flash is all you need and imo it works way better than the standard 'rush-into-B-and-all-die'-tactic. Go from lowers to xbox at mid, smoke off CT and pop flash double doors and usually you're good to go.

Even on ecos I really like to go B through mid on my own. A pistol, a smoke and one flash is all you need and imo it works way better than the standard 'rush-into-B-and-all-die'-tactic. Go from lowers to xbox at mid, smoke off CT and pop flash double doors and usually you're good to go.

I'm guessing you usually get a free awp in the process hahaha

I'm really envious of Shroud/Hiko's AK spray. Spraying down somebody from A to Long A pit distance is amazing.

K.Sabot

CS:GO's a quiet groundswell that will take the general games media by surprise when they see it's grown to be what will most likely be the 3rd largest PC game.

edit: woohoo just traded for a howl, will enjoy the profit a year from now.

Wunder

When I'm playing with an organized group I usually fill the entry/playmaker roles unless something else is needed at the time.

Yup, so soul crushing to make an entry to a site, die, then spend a minute or so watching your team mates hiding somewhere instead of following suit or making a different play.
It only really happens to me below MGE level but sometimes it just doesn't register that my team mates aren't going to help and I end up playing solo entry.

I know for my sanity's sake I should try a more passive role but god damn it someone has to play entry and a lot of the time if I don't, my team will all end up camping nuke lobby/mirage apps/cache toxic/d2 tunnels or somewhere equally stupid.
It's like they're just waiting around for you to clear a site by yourself and give the all clear.

Yup, I mainly entry for my group when I can, and the worst feeling is getting two entries on a site, get killed, then watch as your group somehow lose a 4v2 site hold. Also extremely frustrating when you get tossed the bomb when you either a) are top frag or b) just pulled off some great entries. However, whenever I get the bomb I just try and play a different role, although I end up moving up and tossing it to the side and entrying eventually anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom