• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

We played Cobblestone comp last night and it was rather surprising with the map changes.

A lot of "this is new" on comms, before they were headshotted.

I like them a lot, the map is definitely better. I still feel like parts of it are just way too big though and I think the A to B passageway feels really awkward

Omega

Banned
i wanted to bet on LunatiK but didn't. I'm kind of regretting it.

i'm going all in on whoever their next opponent is

Moving up in the world, out of the nova's and onto master guardian. Though I honestly cant see me ranking up much more, gonna hit that wall at sometime.

jambo

I like them a lot, the map is definitely better. I still feel like parts of it are just way too big though and I think the A to B passageway feels really awkward

The large open bits are good and bad. It sucks if you get stuck in the open with an AWPer, but sometimes when you rush you can have a nice spread and not get bottled up.

cHinzo

wont even let me claim winnings. game ended like 15 minutes ago..wtf csgolounge
Looks like the lounge admins are sleeping. :p Too bad no upsets today in NA, but cant really be bothered by it. Still relieved NiP managed to win against BST after being down 4-11. :d

ChrisW

Someone a few pages back posted some tips on Dust2 and how to push and were to throw smokes etc, does anyone have this link please?

Someone a few pages back posted some tips on Dust2 and how to push and were to throw smokes etc, does anyone have this link please?
Might not be exactly what you are looking for but try operationl2p it has callouts and videos for certain grenade throws.

ironmang

Alright, which are the safe bets today? I have to stop fishing for upsets.

No such thing as safe bets. :p

Probably what I'm going with:

dAT vs Faith (Skipping @ these odd)
Fnatic vs VP
Merc vs HR
Ukraine vs Czech Republic
Fnatic vs BST (Skipping @ these odds)
Poland vs Norway (might end up skipping if odds don't change)
NIP vs Titan
VP vs Dig (Skipping cuz weird map)

Ukraine should be the safest bet by far but you're not looking to earn much unless you max bet.

Cardigan

Merc vs HR

Ukraine should be the safest bet by far but you're not looking to earn much unless you max bet.

Just curious, why are you picking HR over Merc? Because it's on Inferno? HR has looked shaky to me lately. Merc looked great yesterday, although Dig didn't have Fetish playing.

ironmang

Just curious, why are you picking HR over Merc? Because it's on Inferno? HR has looked shaky to me lately. Merc looked great yesterday, although Dig didn't have Fetish playing.

Odds were like 72/28 earlier. Even if Merc is full of talent it's still a new team and the explosive way HR attacks sites could be a problem if their teamwork isn't on point. Type of game I'd either go low on HR or skip altogether.

ViviOggi

dAT vs Faith (Skipping @ these odd)
Fnatic vs VP
Merc vs HR
Ukraine vs Czech Republic
Fnatic vs BST (Skipping @ these odds)
Poland vs Norway (might end up skipping if odds don't change)
NIP vs Titan
VP vs Dig (Skipping cuz weird map)

Thanks for the breakdown!

ViviOggi

Just found out I got perma'd on that CIS Rising stream for writing "cyka"
crazy.gif

ViviOggi

It's the go-to online insult Russians use online, if I got a cent for every time I got called a cyka I'd be upset fishing with StatTrak Asiimovs. But if they want to crack down on that stuff good for them, I was just surprised is all.

cHinzo

No way BST is gonna win against Fnatic! Their T-side was horrible. A bet on BST would be like throwing money away. HR would have more chance to get an upset. :d

Cardigan

Yea been trying to place bets all day with no luck. Probably should donate to get those dedicated bots.

I always try to get any bets with inventory items in during morning Eastern time. I've always had trouble placing bets when it's evening for the Euros.

Thank you based Shoxie, savior of my skins today.

Divius

Won 2 out of 4 bets today, the others still need to be played.

Only small amounts, I'm just trying to get some buffer spare-skins to bet with, without having to use my real skins that I use and like.

edit:
v1Rd8ed.png

I was thinking about how interesting it would be if valve made betting official and added it officially to tournaments. Betting imo has been good for the comp scene cause I spectate a lot more when I have skins on the line.

over the past week I've hit on all my big bets. I've won:

2 X-Ray m4a4 (fn, mw)
2 AK-47 Redline (ft)
CZ-75 Victoria (fn)
2 AK-47 Blue Laminate (fn)
Deagle Hypnotic (fn)
p90 asiimov (ww)
AK-47 Black Laminate (ft)
AWP Redline (ft)
Awp Corticera (ft)
Awp Electric Hive (mw)
M4a1 Atomic Alloy (bs)
M4a1 guardian (ww)
ppbizon Stattrak Osiris (mw)

+ numerous other <$2.50 items

having some 15$ + items to place on bets really helps out. Those 90% pretty much guaranteed victories can still get you a 3-5$ item which you can use on the lesser bets.

Cloud9 came up biiiiig for me yesterday

Omega

Banned
i hope fnatic wins.

i was trying to bet on BST the whole time but the site wouldn't let me. i'd be so salty if i missed out on $64 because the site was being stupid

Cardigan

over the past week I've hit on all my big bets. I've won:

2 X-Ray m4a4 (fn, mw)
2 AK-47 Redline (ft)
CZ-75 Victoria (fn)
2 AK-47 Blue Laminate (fn)
Deagle Hypnotic (fn)
p90 asiimov (ww)
AK-47 Black Laminate (ft)
AWP Redline (ft)
Awp Corticera (ft)
Awp Electric Hive (mw)
M4a1 Atomic Alloy (bs)
M4a1 guardian (ww)
ppbizon Stattrak Osiris (mw)

+ numerous other <$2.50 items

having some 15$ + items to place on bets really helps out. Those 90% pretty much guaranteed victories can still get you a 3-5$ item which you can use on the lesser bets.

Cloud9 came up biiiiig for me yesterday

How much money did you initially invest in skins to place big bets? For me, a big bet is like $4, but that's because I only buy skins from the money I make off selling case drops.

I've been trying to slowly build up my inventory, but it's hard when I lose on those big bets. I guess that's why gambling is a slippery slope :)

I should probably buy skins from case sales and use them to bet. Seems like a way better way to work towards a knife and better skins. I buy keys for operation Phoenix cases with my case money in hopes of getting a knife or a stattrak redline ak. But I generally have gotten absolute crap.

Omega

Banned
I should probably buy skins from case sales and use them to bet. Seems like a way better way to work towards a knife and better skins. I buy keys for operation Phoenix cases with my case money in hopes of getting a knife or a stattrak redline ak. But I generally have gotten absolute crap.

i was thinking about doing this as well

i want a hunstman slaughter. probably better off just getting good skins and selling them. i think i might just spend 20 real life bucks to get a decent skin and work my way from there

my only skin of value is AK first class. everything else is like 20 cent stuff. lost my $3-4 skins betting on c9..

ViviOggi

Yeah I'm not opening crates again, haven't gotten a single item even worth the key. If I buy something it'll be either a skin I want to use or betting material.

Actually bought 4 $2 AKs for that purpose today but couldn't get another bet in, and donating is disabled. Lounge is such damn mess, I'm all for official betting support.

Yeah I'm not opening crates again, haven't gotten a single item even worth the key. If I buy something it'll be either a skin I want to use or betting material.

Actually bought 4 $2 AKs for that purpose today but couldn't get another bet in, and donating is disabled. Lounge is such damn mess, I'm all for official betting support.

I've spent a TOOOON of money on cases/keys, but also made quite a bit of money off of selling cases for the first couple of weeks after a new operation. But I have gotten quite lucky on some drops. Karambit night (sold for 180$ a year ago. WHY?!). Mehdni MW Statrak (25$ now). Other FN statraks.

I used the 180$ in keys from the karambit purchase. Other than that, I've put in another 100$ probably. Betting is a much better way of getting skins. It'll take a while if you don't have anything worth money. I started out with the mehndi & a FN Deagle Crimson web, which combined were about 30$. Win three times with that and you get plenty of smaller skins you don't care about that you can use.

Now that I've won a lot, I won't be any skin I would miss. The Victory CZ and the Statrak Mehndi will never be used for a bet now, and I'll make sure and keep two different awp skins. I'm selling 1/2 the skins <$1.00 and using the rest to do weird odds (70:30 odds where it's more like 55:45 imo). This way I don't care if I lose, but I can gain a $1.00 skin that I can use on the other 60:40 matches.

This is a strategy that will probably burn me soon on a 90:10 match where I place 50$...and then I'll be pissed I spent 50$ on it. Luckily the skins won't be missed (the theoretical money will), and I'll start from the 1$ skins again. Hopefully by this point I'll have sold numerous 2-3$ skins and purchased Statrak MW for each weapon, so that I no longer need to be anything anymore, and can be content with what I have.

Already fine with p250, CZ is good enough for now because the FN/MW skins are crazy expensive, AK is also crazy so I won't worry about it, but m4a1, m4a4, and AWP are doable for Statraks

CoolS

I probably should invest my monthly 5€ for keys into skiny I actually want or skins for betting I guess. I still hope that one day, the knife will suddenly be there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom