• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

is there some skillbased matchmaking?

and there is only de_, cs_, arms race and demo?

Competetive is based on your rank (most of the times) and for de_ and cs_ maps.

There is also Casual, but casual teaches you thow to play the game wrong.

arms race/ demo and deatmatch are the other 3 "official" modes of play, yes.

Mokoi

Banned
My Wishlist

I'd like p250 skin but none of them right now I really really want. I wish those candy apple and Tuxedo skins has StatTrak options.

Are you against purchasing skins? You can get that Candy Apple Nova for cheap, and even better if you use the money earned form trading cards. Visually I find it to be my best skin although I don't use the Nova enough to look at it in all its glory.

Are you against purchasing skins? You can get that Candy Apple Nova for cheap, and even better if you use the money earned form trading cards. Visually I find it to be my best skin although I don't use the Nova enough to look at it in all its glory.

Yeah. I had one but don't use it cause of my Statrak Graphite. I am a whore for those lil numbers on guns.

Messiah

Is the quality of the weapon you get from a trade contract random? So if i traded in 10 factory new weapons could it still be battle-scarred?

Shadownet

Banned
over the past week I've hit on all my big bets. I've won:

2 X-Ray m4a4 (fn, mw)
2 AK-47 Redline (ft)
CZ-75 Victoria (fn)
2 AK-47 Blue Laminate (fn)
Deagle Hypnotic (fn)
p90 asiimov (ww)
AK-47 Black Laminate (ft)
AWP Redline (ft)
Awp Corticera (ft)
Awp Electric Hive (mw)
M4a1 Atomic Alloy (bs)
M4a1 guardian (ww)
ppbizon Stattrak Osiris (mw)

+ numerous other <$2.50 items

having some 15$ + items to place on bets really helps out. Those 90% pretty much guaranteed victories can still get you a 3-5$ item which you can use on the lesser bets.

Cloud9 came up biiiiig for me yesterday

Can to trade me some skins?:3 or donate me something cheap?

Mr.Mike

I do feel like I really should stop opening cases. So far I've opened everyone I've gotten and I've never received anything worth at least 2.50 USD. Maybe I should just go and buy whatever skins I want...

If I ever make a big win on betting, then maybe I'll open some cases.

Opening cases is for suckers. I'm a huge sucker, so I've spent a ton doing it. Buying skins is a much better deal. Betting the small skins and slowly selling them off alongside cases (esp. during new operations) will get you decent skins for little money.

Problem: That takes a while and isn't an 'instant shot' at getting really awesome skins.

cHinzo

Is the quality of the weapon you get from a trade contract random? So if i traded in 10 factory new weapons could it still be battle-scarred?

Quality is indeed random. Which means it can also go the other way around. 10 battle-scarred items for a factory new one. :D

Damn nice. I just got an overgrwoth yesterday. Field tested but still something.
Got a Sawed-Off Kraken instead of an M4 Asiimov last night. Q_Q Was cleaning up my inventory from all those trash skins lol. Went from 424 items to like 174.

So i did my first case opening last night. I purchased 9 keys and opened some Winter offensive cases.... This is what i got on my 3rd case

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40852351206004004/61F9AA1C9835045FEFC885D4062A561F4FC99054/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40852351205992986/9E211DE1027D0DBBC347A1804B3CD76A2A206BE1/

It's a StatTrak M9 Bayonet | Case Hardened

Got it all on vid too, though no one was watching when i was streaming hehe.
Grats bro! You're so lucky. Were these your first cases you've opened?

Hugstable

Banned
Is it me or did prices of some skins on the market increase recently? Ended up getting around 18$ for my M4A1S Bright Water and only spent around 12 on it, and got 13.50 for my AK Redline which I spent 8 bucks on a month or 2 ago. Pretty awesome, the items were kinda like digital gold!

Is it me or did prices of some skins on the market increase recently? Ended up getting around 18$ for my M4A1S Bright Water and only spent around 12 on it, and got 13.50 for my AK Redline which I spent 8 bucks on a month or 2 ago. Pretty awesome, the items were kinda like digital gold!

They did. My M4a1 s dark water hit a low of about 11 few months back and now it's as high as ever nearing 30.

Robot Pants

They did. My M4a1 s dark water hit a low of about 11 few months back and now it's as high as ever nearing 30.
Time to sell my stat trak dark water then.
I'm an m4a4 guy now anyway and I just wanted a stat trak rifle when I bought the dark water even though I wasn't crazy about the skin. Now I'm over stat trak so time to get some money

Robot Pants

Haha, Oh lord I just unboxed another M9 Bayonet - Night.
I have two now.

BUT, as I was opening one last case, it was cycling through the items and all of a sudden I get this message that said my item could not be retrieved. It sent me back to the inventory, and both my case and key are gone as well as whatever item I was supossed to get isn't there. Awesome.

Awesome thanks man.

Omega

Banned

yeah. AK First Class was like 4.50 when I got it, it's at like 7.87 now or something.

if iBP loses, i'm jumping off this planet. I put my best skins on them. Reliable sucks, the only time they looked decent was against C9 on Dust, but I'm pretty sure 5 random CSGAFers could do that as well

chessnut

Damn, I leave this thread for a couple weeks and all of a sudden it becomes a bet advice thread.

I was up $1400 at one point and got greedy and lost $800, oh well. Went low on ibp because they haven't been practicing season. IBP had 2 or 3 clutches in the 2nd half otherwise Reliable would have had a pretty commanding lead

chessnut

So I put a few of my mid range skins on DAT over Unnamed.
Decent bet?

How big is that bet relative to your bank? I have yet to see an upset in that tournament. I personally wouldn't have bet, I think dAT have it in the bag....but if you're only betting 5% of your bank on it, why not I guess.

ironmang

Really wish they'd fix the fucking bots in this game. Had a match where we were stuck with one for almost the entire time and he wouldn't listen no matter what we tried and we tried everything. "Hold Your Position" should be a 100% instant stop where you are and don't move for the rest of the round as soon as the command is given.

cHinzo

Ha, got two overvalued items in a row. First the Fnatic game. Had a potential value back of 28 and they gave me a Stat Trak P2000 Ocean Foam FN worth 44 value and just got 26 potential value return from the iBP game and they gave me an AWP Asiimov BS worth 41 value. Both times only one item and no trash skins. Onto the dAT win hopefully!

Omega

Banned
Ha, got two overvalued items in a row. First the Fnatic game. Had a potential value back of 28 and they gave me a Stat Trak P2000 Ocean Foam FN worth 44 value and just got 26 potential value return from the iBP game and they gave me an AWP Asiimov BS worth 41 value. Both times only one item and no trash skins. Onto the dAT win hopefully!

can i get some extra skins then :D

MayMay

Banned
All this talk about bets, and I'm just sitting here. Lost all my skins yesterday due to insanely bad luck. It's so addicting though.. lol

Man betting kinda sucks if all you have is really cheap skins, seeing as you can only bet 4 items on any match. Still I will have thousands of 3 cent skins eventually.

udiie

i'll probably lose... but oh man if i win :D
rNeDmQA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom