• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
That'd surprise me.

I've never installed the CS:S or TF2 betas though, no idea what's even in there actually.

Different betas for different purposes.

CS:S Beta and TF2 beta require the base game. One was for testing a major overhaul to the base game (CS) and the other is for testing out new stuff like weapons (TF2). The CS:GO beta is gonna disappear tomorrow because the retail game is coming out.

CS:S, TF2: post release betas.
CS:GO: Prerelease beta.

Longshot

Loving the beta and can't wait until retail, but is it me or does the recoil feel kinda off? Source player here never really had much exposure to CS 1.6.

It's so nice and refreshing to have a modern fps with no iron sights, weapon unlocks and perks. It's like a breath of fresh air.

spk

You'd think the game would be 60fps given the way framerate affects recoil management.

Loving the beta and can't wait until retail, but is it me or does the recoil feel kinda off? Source player here never really had much exposure to CS 1.6.

It's so nice and refreshing to have a modern fps with no iron sights, weapon unlocks and perks. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Recoil patterns seem to be less of a problem than the grouping of shots themselves

I don't like the radio menu revamp. I keep pressing old key combos from muscle memory

remz

You'd think the game would be 60fps given the way framerate affects recoil management.

Recoil patterns seem to be less of a problem than the grouping of shots themselves

I don't like the radio menu revamp. I keep pressing old key combos from muscle memory

pressing numbers to buy stuff still seems to work tho.

Darkarium

Neo Member
There's a few minor changes CS:GO needs for me to fully enjoy it.
- An option to disable music in-game only, I like menu / loading screen music but I don't like hearing it in-game
- An option to make weapon zoom 'hold' rather than 'toggle' with right mouse, I love the AUG but I hate toggling the zoom on it
- An option to enable an old style buy menu, I hate the look of the console weapon wheel, it blocks far too much of the screen
- Stop tracking stats in Casual and Arms Race game modes! This is my biggest issue, as sad as it is, I feel like I can't play Arms Race because it wrecks my KDR and ELO and even if I don't care about them personally, I know my friends will
- More contrast between T and CT uniforms, I have died many times from hesitating because a T has been running around in a blue uniform. It's odd.

- Stop tracking stats in Casual and Arms Race game modes! This is my biggest issue, as sad as it is, I feel like I can't play Arms Race because it wrecks my KDR and ELO and even if I don't care about them personally, I know my friends will

Wtf No, Arms Race is the main mode for some of us. :p

I noticed someone posted Xbox 360 videos of my gameplay from the first 4 maps.

Here is some more I did from the other maps and game modes. I also have uploading a quick look through the menus for those who want to see controller options and such for consoles. You can find that below plus the download size is 1.98 GB on Xbox Live.

Lastly I'm uploading a video which takes a look at Weapons Course since I got told you guys on PC don't have it yet. It might still say processing since I'm on sucky internet at the moment just give it a few hours.

Casual - Dust 2 - Inferno - Italy - Train
Arms Race - Shoots - Baggage
Deolition - Bank - Sugarcrane - St.Marc - Lake - Safehouse
Options & Controls
Weapons Course

Thanks for these, very nice videos.

Ashhong

Hey guys I went to buy this today and it says..

† Note: You already own the following items in "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I have the beta. I'm assuming this is just talking about that? Or do I somehow already have the game?

Satchel

Banned
Wait, this comes out this week?

Whadafuuuuuuuurrrrq?!

Has bots too? I mean, my Xbox OG version has bots, but that's like.....you know. The Xbox OG version.

Will need to wait for the price to drop. Just can't plonk down the points for games day one like I once did. But I do want this.

CyReN

bl48P.png

I hope they burn.

I hope they burn.

Well that sucks.

Is that actual confirmation though, how close are the people on that Twitter to the store team ?

And yes, I'm still annoyed that there is no information about the EU PSN version .

What a ridiculous practise though, I cannot think of any justification in releasing it a day later on XBL - in fact you'd think it'd be the opposite with MS WANTING to release at the same time as the competition.

Pre-ordered last night. Gonna be playing all night tomorrow and will probs log a couple hours tonight (around 1am PST) when it drops.

Grayman

hold to crouch would fuck up jumping onto a lot of boxes in CS.

based on the game directory there won't be a new download tomorrow.

rCIZZLE

- An option to disable music in-game only, I like menu / loading screen music but I don't like hearing it in-game
That's awfully specific lol. I'd suggest just muting in-game music.
- An option to make weapon zoom 'hold' rather than 'toggle' with right mouse, I love the AUG but I hate toggling the zoom on it
Haven't bought an AUG in CS:GO yet and can't jump on to check but this sounds like a shitty change if true. Do the snipers at least hold for you?
- An option to enable an old style buy menu, I hate the look of the console weapon wheel, it blocks far too much of the screen
I agree just for simple fact that I hate hitting "esc" to back out when doing my numpad buys. Was so much easier just to hit 0 to back out of the whole menu.
Is ELO calculated across all game modes or does each have a separate one? If they're separate you just have to treat it like halo players do with unranked. Even if they track stats, just see it as practice.
- More contrast between T and CT uniforms, I have died many times from hesitating because a T has been running around in a blue uniform. It's odd.
Ya this has annoyed me as well. At the very least they should allow you to use the old default T and CT model if that's all you want to see.

Can you mute dead teammates? I've had it hurt me more than help most times.

I'd like to know this as well just for dealing with pubs. Their intention was good - to take away the hassle of vent/mumble - but they really should add more options.

Uriah

What key do you guys use for crouch? Every time I move my pinky to Ctrl my ring finger also moves which makes moving left while crouched a pain in the ass.

JackEtc

Never was much of a CS player, but I always enjoyed Gun Game. Picked this up anyway a week back, and been enjoying the beta, but mostly just against bots. I find that I get my ass kicked online =\

Anyway, I guess we aren't going to be pre-loading this on Steam? Only a half and hour till it's the 21st.

rCIZZLE

What key do you guys use for crouch? Every time I move my pinky to Ctrl my ring finger also moves which makes moving left while crouched a pain in the ass.

If you have a wheel mouse you can move crouch to spacebar and jump to mwheeldown. I'm surprised you have trouble naturally reaching ctrl. WASD right?

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't bought an AUG in CS:GO yet and can't jump on to check but this sounds like a shitty change if true. Do the snipers at least hold for you?

He's saying he wants to be able to make zooming a hold, where you hold down mouse2, instead of a toggle, where you just click it once.

If you have a wheel mouse you can move crouch to spacebar and jump to mwheeldown. I'm surprised you have trouble naturally reaching ctrl. WASD right?

Hah, mwheeldown...habbit of mine from my bunnyhopping days.

Never was much of a CS player, but I always enjoyed Gun Game. Picked this up anyway a week back, and been enjoying the beta, but mostly just against bots. I find that I get my ass kicked online =\

Anyway, I guess we aren't going to be pre-loading this on Steam? Only a half and hour till it's the 21st.

If you have the beta downloaded then it'll just switch over.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I have trouble hitting ctrl as well. Shift is fine. Ctrl requires some contortion.

What time is this up Eastern time? There is no preload, will downloading the beta require me to dl the full game all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom