• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

BraXzy

Call me stupid but I'm struggling to figure out how to get into a proper game online.

I've played I think two games online and both have felt like private lobbies. How do I search for a proper match (hopefully one that takes my rank into consideration so I'm against equally new people)?

tootsi666

Call me stupid but I'm struggling to figure out how to get into a proper game online.

I've played I think two games online and both have felt like private lobbies. How do I search for a proper match (hopefully one that takes my rank into consideration so I'm against equally new people)?
Are you rank 3 yet? You have to be rank 3 to play 'real' CS.

BraXzy

I doubt it, I've only been playing against bots :3

I suppose I was expecting something similar to something like CoD on consoles where you jump in and you're matched at your level off the bat. So at rank 3 a similar thing happens?

tootsi666

I doubt it, I've only been playing against bots :3

I suppose I was expecting something similar to something like CoD on consoles where you jump in and you're matched at your level off the bat. So at rank 3 a similar thing happens?
At rank 3 you unlock competitive. In competitive you have a ranking (different from your Exp ranking) that should show your skill level. You face opponents of similar skill rank in competitive after you have played a while and the ranking system has done its job.

BraXzy

At rank 3 you unlock competitive. In competitive you have a ranking (different from your Exp ranking) that should show your skill level. You face opponents of similar skill rank in competitive after you have played a while and the ranking system has done its job.

I've been playing TDM and I've done like 3 games and I'm maybe a 10th of the way to rank 2 o_O

And I need rank 3 before I can stop getting spawn killed all game? xD

Divius

TDM is spawnkilling: the game.

If you feel more confident with the actual gunplay of the game; try playing some casual to get a feel for the game mode (planting the bomb/defending the site)

Top Bottom