• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Only took me nearly a month. Now I can
NEVER
play Competitive. Yay.

MayMay

Banned
First time playing Dota 2, my external HDD dies. I should've never played something that is not CS.

>_>

this is gonna fuck me so hard if I cant get it fixed

Mokoi

Banned
Most retarded clutch of last night out of many clutches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJX2x-ICig
Nice, very nice. Change yo name to Mr. Clutch since you did it so much. also lol riv

4hp clutch plus riv sexy voice.
https://youtu.be/pnSRp2gHBt4
also I just noticed I always turn when nade comes my way because getting flashed sucks.
DMG is the only ELO "hell" I've experieced. Took forever to rank up
I think I was MGE for the longest time yeah.

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone else seen some crazy lag tonight? People were talking about it in League of Legends and I'm seeing it in CSGO too, like 2-3 seconds for chat, stuttering movement, etc.

Meanwhile ping is fine.

*edit* I just got my first kick from a ranked game, I guess it's a part of growing up. I was one of the top 2 scorers possibly too. Either they were upset I muted a really obnoxious mic person, or I was kicked because I was lagging.

Mokoi

Banned
Yes I have noticed stuttering movement. Thought it was just me just out of it, but nahh game is wonky or something right now. Also I've been kicked as soon as the first round started. No words were said they just kicked me. lol

*edit* I just got my first kick from a ranked game, I guess it's a part of growing up. I was one of the top 2 scorers possibly too. Either they were upset I muted a really obnoxious mic person, or I was kicked because I was lagging.

That literally happened during my first game ever. I bought in second round after a pistol round loss. They did not bother explaining.

Bluth54

Man, the new Operation coin looks so garbage. Volvo pls CSGO deserves better.

b230c426e5.jpg

Oh wait.

So CSGO players I have a question about Operations. This TF2 update added 3 community maps, however people are unsure if they are staying in the game or not. My question is with the CSGO Operations they were just adding the community maps to Valve servers right? Did the CSGO clients actually download the maps as part of the update only to have Valve remove them later or does Valve just run the workshop files on their servers and you still have to download the maps from the workshop to play on Valve servers?

The TF2 update actually included the maps in the update, which makes me think they are here to stay and different then the CSGO Operations but I could be wrong about how the Operations worked.

MayMay

Banned
It's the same in CSGO, the client downloads all the maps as part of the update every time a new operation comes out.

I could imagine that they might change it up in TF2 though. In CSGO, every time an operation ends the maps get removed (but not deleted from your PC so you can still join custom servers without having to redownload them).

The reason the operation maps get removed in CSGO is the fact that the competitive ranked matchmaking would not work with a huge mappool. (during the operation the game already has too many maps, imo, which makes it hard to find games on certain vanilla maps).

In TF2 I see waaayyyy less of a problem with having alot of maps, so they might actually be here to stay. Even though.. TF2 will get a ranked competitive 6v6/9v9 mode in the near future. And then we'd have the same situation as in CSGO where a huge mappool might be counter productive.

But yeah, just to answer your question CSGO also downloads the maps as part of the update.

Bluth54

It's the same in CSGO, the client downloads all the maps as part of the update every time a new operation comes out.

I could imagine that they might change it up in TF2 though. In CSGO, every time an operation ends the maps get removed (but not deleted from your PC so you can still join custom servers without having to redownload them).

The reason the operation maps get removed in CSGO is the fact that the competitive ranked matchmaking would not work with a huge mappool. (during the operation the game already has too many maps, imo, which makes it hard to find games on certain vanilla maps).

In TF2 I see waaayyyy less of a problem with having alot of maps, so they might actually be here to stay. Even though.. TF2 will get a ranked competitive 6v6/9v9 mode in the near future. And then we'd have the same situation as in CSGO where a huge mappool might be counter productive.

But yeah, just to answer your question CSGO also downloads the maps as part of the update.

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah I'm guessing that the TF2 maps will stay, but no one is sure. Even the map authors aren't sure, one of them has emailed Valve and we are waiting for a response from them so I guess we'll see.

Xizk

They are all maps that C9 has played this event. Coach Steel has analyzed the demos so get ready for anti-strats.

There's been a distinct lack of giveaways so I figured everyone would enjoy probably the most generous giveaway that's ever been in the CSGO thread.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shalashaska, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Dual Berettas | Colony -- MB-0A1CD5D21FE7201E - Taken by frbrr. 2 entrants total.

t1436117384z1.png

After 3 weeks of playing can't tell if this netcode is good or pure shit, shoot someone in spurts, not spraying and praying while crouch and too many times I don't register a hit, I just don't understand this game, at least i knew where i stood with BF lame netcode, but this game is just fucking weird kinda reminds me of lame ass Call of Duty hit scan netcode..

wow, well done by VP.

After 3 weeks of playing can't tell if this netcode is good or pure shit, shoot someone in spurts, not spraying and praying while crouch and too many times I don't register a hit, I just don't understand this game, at least i knew where i stood with BF lame netcode, but this game is just fucking weird kinda reminds me of lame ass Call of Duty hit scan netcode..

CS is a really hard game. You're gunna miss a lot, especially if you've only been playing for 3 weeks.

tootsi666

The netcode has some issues but if you've played only 3 weeks, I'd say it's more likely that you're just missing. It might also be your connection. Try different servers/local server.

Top Bottom