• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Lourio

laugh now... but when im rich you'll all jealous you didnt get one too

Doing the same with the WarOwl sticker, already worth 3 times the amount of when I got it.
And holy shit at chessnut's graph!

Decided to give Faceit a try. 1) Took forever to queue up for game. 2) Had an asshole griefer who would just do whatever **griefers really piss me off more than hax0rz** and 3) 2nd half, everytime I saw an enemy, I would get massive frame drops. Quite a shitty experience I must say.

rugioh

Banned
Why do people say that the Deathadder 2013 is the standard as opposed to the Deathadders that were released before then? Is there some sort of sensor issue?

rugioh

Banned
Doing the same with the WarOwl sticker, already worth 3 times the amount of when I got it.
And holy shit at chessnut's graph!

Decided to give Faceit a try. 1) Took forever to queue up for game. 2) Had an asshole griefer who would just do whatever **griefers really piss me off more than hax0rz** and 3) 2nd half, everytime I saw an enemy, I would get massive frame drops. Quite a shitty experience I must say.

I would just do CEVO honestly. I'm not convinced that even at the higher end of the ladder FACEITs playerbase in NA is any good.

rugioh

Banned
Is CEVO free?

Yeah. It has stat tracking too if you care about that stuff. Noone seems to get huffy about "low rws" players like ESEA though.. people just play. Has a similar problem with leavers but there are some decent players you'll find on there from time to time.

Valkrai

Yeah. It has stat tracking too if you care about that stuff. Noone seems to get huffy about "low rws" players like ESEA though.. people just play. Has a similar problem with leavers but there are some decent players you'll find on there from time to time.

Sounds good, I should try CEVO at some point. I don't have a team though so that's the biggest draw why I haven't done that yet.

Lol man, I really dont like getting paired up with clans. Was carrying the game but got kicked last round because I didn't clutch the final round (which would have been an ace). Bleh lol

Omega

Banned
Sounds good, I should try CEVO at some point. I don't have a team though so that's the biggest draw why I haven't done that yet.

you can't really play with friends on CEVO anyway. I mean you can, but it randomizes teams based on their system so there's a chance it would just mix people up regardless.

xptoxyz

Hey guys, been a while since I've kept up with the thread (seems to boost up in popularity more with tournaments)

For people making MM groups, do you have a steam group for that? What region are most people here from?

Omega

Banned
Hey guys, been a while since I've kept up with the thread (seems to boost up in popularity more with tournaments)

For people making MM groups, do you have a steam group for that? What region are most people here from?

1. There's a group but no one uses it. We just look at our friends list and invite people
2. Probably West or midwest/central for NA.

xptoxyz

1. There's a group but no one uses it. We just look at our friends list and invite people
2. Probably West or midwest/central for NA.

Well that's out the window :/ Maybe some EU people will one day drop by.

Curious on one matter, are people generally happy with how they ping to MM servers? I know they opened up a new cluster in (Atlanta?) Me and most of my friends ping really badly West-EU most of the time... We've actually been trying faceit past few days and there's at least an improvement in how it's balanced. Playing 70 vs 10 ping kinda sucks for peeking or being peeked.

Omega

Banned
Needs some more west coast players. I yearn for the day where I get better ping than 100.

next time we get an NA lobby i'll force west servers.

ping doesn't really bother me, at least at our ranks. whenever I play with impact it's important though.

Mokoi

Banned
Curious on one matter, are people generally happy with how they ping to MM servers? I know they opened up a new cluster in (Atlanta?) Me and most of my friends ping really badly West-EU most of the time... We've actually been trying faceit past few days and there's at least an improvement in how it's balanced. Playing 70 vs 10 ping kinda sucks for peeking or being peeked.
For the most part yeah. I usually get about 70, and its not a problem. Once it's in the 80s I really notice that shit.

ping doesn't really bother me, at least at our ranks. whenever I play with impact it's important though.
I should do that too. For unknowns sake.

cHinzo

I'm happy with my 15 ping on the EU servers, but then I join some random MM game with those Swedish people in it and they all got those crazy low 5 ping. D: So jelly.

Impact once joined my game when playing on the EU server. He never accepted my invites again... ;_;

naeS

Have about 50 hours in this game now, 6 or so competitive wins, 8 played I think. Would like to play with fellow gaffers. Any chance I can jump in some lobbies?

Have about 50 hours in this game now, 6 or so competitive wins, 8 played I think. Would like to play with fellow gaffers. Any chance I can jump in some lobbies?

I'm always up for a game. I'm still green too (nova 3).

So I was playing with some friends and the game was going good. We were up 11-0 and I was topfragging with about 25 frags when they start joking about me getting overwatched. They convince me to just go mid and try to kill them all.

so this is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-9N7MyI5Y

Lol man, too good.

soultron

Banned
So I was playing with some friends and the game was going good. We were up 11-0 and I was topfragging with about 25 frags when they start joking about me getting overwatched. They convince me to just go mid and try to kill them all.

so this is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-9N7MyI5Y

report for frbrr submitted id#12345255

Yeah, on the receiving end of this, it's gotta hurt. But honestly, blind shooting AWPs through smoke is something that's done at higher levels, you just happened to connect for a 2K.
If you had hacks on you'd be spraying into the smoke with your Tec-9 tho and get an ace, cmon son.

Clydefrog

Shitstain, you live in Cali? You should play more often with my non-gaf crew.

Baby - Cali
D Jones - Colorado
Snes (sneeze) - Seattle

FYI: we are not a very good team. But udiie thinks d Jones is funny for some reason.

tootsi666

Hit Supreme after 460 hours and ~160 comp wins (not sure about accurate number of wins, brother's old acc). I've never played a fps which has me trying to improve my play everyday before this but god damn, this is addicting.

Valkrai

Shitstain, you live in Cali? You should play more often with my non-gaf crew.

Baby - Cali
D Jones - Colorado
Snes (sneeze) - Seattle

FYI: we are not a very good team. But udiie thinks d Jones is funny for some reason.

Damn, you guys are close. New Mexico here.

udiie

the music on this Canada/USA match
giphy.gif

Why is it so hard for these casting groups to put a little something on the screen to let you know who won the previous maps.

chessnut

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1087497.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chessnut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Well-Worn Statrak AK-47 Cartel -- MB-8FB8528E8BF9A742 - Taken by Jenenser. 19 entrants total.
Field Tested Wasteland Rebel AK -- MB-1F0B2C767DC41703 - Taken by rugioh. 21 entrants total.
Battle-Scarred hyper beast -- MB-9B4998A7EDB85068 - Taken by ForsakenKidx. 25 entrants total.
Field Tested M4A1 Cyrex -- MB-C4F093A720E89718 - Taken by ericksakti. 23 entrants total.

t1438987881z1.png

edit: I made 'MULTIENTRY' one of the rules, yet the modbot still says if you include more than 1 game you will be blocked from entering. Is that OK or did I miss up somewhere?

cHinzo

edit: I made 'MULTIENTRY' one of the rules, yet the modbot still says if you include more than 1 game you will be blocked from entering. Is that OK or did I miss up somewhere?

I will volunteer to test it out for ya, everyone else ignore this post.

udiie

i think you have to do each entry individually if you want to enter for all the skins, but idk, maybe im wrong

Top Bottom