• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Back in my competitive Socom days, I lined out with a marker on the floor where my desk chair and the wheels were supposed by situated. I also would mark the position of my feet on a desk where they should rest and then also mark the positon of the angle of my desk chair where the armsrests would be.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Back in my competitive Socom days, I lined out with a marker on the floor where my desk chair and the wheels were supposed by situated. I also would mark the position of my feet on a desk where they should rest and then also mark the positon of the angle of my desk chair where the armsrests would be.

I'm gonna do this. Well not with a marker but with duct tape.

Omega

Banned
i just sit down

maybe this is why my page looks like this
pTV0rth.png

impact

Banned
Man I suck so much during the first and second game of the day. The biggest factor in that is the way I sit. If I don't sit exactly how I'm most comfortable, I will play like utter shit. The angle of my right arm must be exactly right, how much of my forearm rests on the desk, in which angle my body is turned etc. If that is just a tiny bit off my aiming is gonna suck. I usually find that ideal posture after a while but until then I play much much worse.

I just played two extremely good games on ESEA and I seriously just took over a dozen pictures of my sitting position and arm position.
I would've went like this
20120717_ab459919acf32e157df101041f393c6d.jpg

but I would've had to stand up to grap the measuring tape and that would've meant losing the position.

I'm gonna put it on my desk from now on and the next time I sit in my perfect position I'll measure all the distances and everything to be able to reproduce it every time.

I know it sounds crazy but it is how it is.

meanwhile this is my ESEA setup tonight

gotta duct tape that bottle spot so I know where to put it next time for maximum drunk

Mokoi

Banned
i just sit down

maybe this is why my page looks like this
pTV0rth.png
lol hit the dms kid

smh should of won a game but cunt had to leave bomb in spawn when we had be taken over. told them cunts just give me bomb if ya don't want it. also dude wennt afk last round when it 15-14

i lied i needed to drink.

Omega

Banned
lol hit the dms kid
yeah i need to live in the dms for like a week

a lot of those are just bad luck. the most recent tie our teammate dc'd. i played like 3 caches where no one could hold B because some some guy would be a god and just clear it by himself. played with pete and baby earlier and we have people that never communicated. one of them only did it to complain, the other would just type his complaints.

baby

yeah i need to live in the dms for like a week

a lot of those are just bad luck. the most recent tie our teammate dc'd. i played like 3 caches where no one could hold B because some some guy would be a god and just clear it by himself. played with pete and baby earlier and we have people that never communicated. one of them only did it to complain, the other would just type his complaints.

just 'didnt feel like using his mic' lmao. wouldnt even do it when i told him i couldnt fucking read

Omega

Banned
just 'didnt feel like using his mic' lmao. wouldnt even do it when i told him i couldnt fucking read

fuck that guy. hope he dies of aids

"omg i always get shit teammates" after the third round but says nothing the entire game.

if you don't want to talk thats fine, but don't complain about shit teammates when you're as shit as they come. doesnt get much worse than a shithead that doesn't speak

Omega

Banned
fuck. i sold my xbone because the best fps it has is halo 5. not even speedy is a big enough MS fanboy to play that garbage. is my 360pad a valid substitute?

btw next time you play RL im down. my crohn's is acting up so i just laid down for a bit

Shane

Jumped on for a quick game after some D&D last night.

First round, we're CT on Mirage. We move into position. Purple isn't responding. We get smashed on B. Purple gets knifed at spawn. Great.

Repeat for round 2. We kick the afk'r. It's 2-0 and we already have a bot. Bot Irwin, possibly the most deaf bot (or the most stubborn).

Then suddenly we turned it around and won something like 16-9. We did not lose a round on T side.

The less I think about it the better I do. I've had a few 4v1's and got it down to 1v1 by not taking it too seriously*. Just play. Cover the angles. Don't rush. Keep cursor head height. If you miss don't spray, let them miss. Seems to work.

Holding onto LE which I'm proud of.

*Perhaps seriously is the wrong word.

Relaxed would be a good term. Nobody should be throwing a round away if they believe they have a chance or don't need to save.

I go in unwinnable situation with the mindset of doing as much damage to the enemies economy as possible. Winning would be a bonus. If I died, oh well.

Shane

I go in unwinnable situation with the mindset of doing as much damage to the enemies economy as possible. Winning would be a bonus. If I died, oh well.

Definitely. Getting that headset on the enemy carrying the expensive weapon can do unseen damage (i.e. affect their money that your team might not be considering).

Cursor position has really helped me. I had a habit of lowering my aim as I moved. I now keep it about forehead height, and sometimes adjust if I want to cover typical areas as I move into a new location. Got three quick headshots with a P250 against a full buy team on Cache doing that. Like you said, relaxed. I didn't turn the corner and start smashing fire. I just aimed and took each shot. The enemy made the mistake of spraying and missing me.

I've seen teammates have the advantage but then spray with the AK, miss, get killed in response, too many times. Learning from watching what others do.

Valkrai

I doubt that they are really going to shell out the salaries necessary to attract higher end talent that isn't currently under an org. Its just a marketing stunt.

That's what I heard with the Dota 2 team, that it's a no-name team and a joke in that regard.

I honestly don't expect anything from them unless they're somehow an incredible team.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Last game yesterday and first game today

I6FSwn2.png

I even had 10 kills in the first 3 rounds which we all lost and then 3 for the rest of the game.

Omega

Banned
You realize how insane this sounds, right? Way to let your mental state affect your game lolz
im not actually serious

i just played like shit but i needed to make an excuse like everyone else does. kind of like how people blame ping or need rulers for their chair, or whatever other dumb shit people say/do

udiie

As your therapist, I advise you give the knife to one your closest friends. Looking at your friend list, maybe someone like Eric The Red?
Maybe you should donate the profits to your LA Kings cause Richards contract seems to be taking a toll on them

Top Bottom