• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

soultron

Banned
C and D looks to be the most interesting to me.
I agree. However, I think it'd be crazy to see an upset where CLG makes it out of group A, if they don't start by playing Renegades. Hopefully the group stages are played in such a way that it's 2x Challenger vs Legend. Are there details on this being the case?

Mokoi

Banned
I agree. However, I think it'd be crazy to see an upset where CLG makes it out of group A, if they don't start by playing Renegades. Hopefully the group stages are played in such a way that it's 2x Challenger vs Legend. Are there details on this being the case?
idk, but the way it's worded makes it sound like that's how the first match ups are going to be.
The groups, each made up of two Legendary and two Challenger teams, will fight it out in a double-elimination best-of-one format, with the top two from each group qualifying for the playoffs.
CLG v NiP
RG v TSM.

CLG making it out would be such a waste. They can't compete in bo3.

CoolS

its a Bo1. c9 should be able to take down mouse and make it through. should being the key word. [*] for CLG. Laterz

That's exactly why they might struggle.

Hate Group C. I want mouz to make it through to the quarte finals, but wo gets left behing, VP or C9? I like the teams in that group too much.

rugioh

Banned
Got deranked from silver elite to silver 4.

Any general tips for getting better? I feel like I'm not improving at all.

Aim will come with time and DMing a little each day. You can start to see results quickly when you start going into an empty server and thinking of ways to secure map control by yourself if your team isn't cooperating. Try to read how the other team is defending sites or pushing sites, and rotation patterns. Watch demos and think about which areas of the map you can control without the help of anyone else, what nades you need to throw when you do it, and practice that. adreN/JoshNissan/vooCSGO/NetcodeGuides even have youtube videos covering these concepts if you look closely enough.

Post a replay, we will totally (not) help. Though for real, at that level I would just focus on working on your aim. Hit up Deathmatch and work on getting headshots and you weapon spray control.

yeah fuck that gun. THAT ONE AWP UPDATE WAS REALLY STUPID. I don't even know why I use this super slow scopez-in doodoo awp. #BRINGBACKOLDAWP.

edit: or wait are you saying fuck the awp because you die from it? I need to know if we on same level here, and it you can become eagle and higher real quick. We got old men up in here who are.

Am I an old man? I certainly feel like one.

And yeah fuck the awp.

Rivitur

Banned
You guys realize that only one team makes it out of groups this year right? Meaning you have to win all your game basically to get out.

Then after that they shuffle

Also the foreskin thing was a discussion on mumble and I don't care about your name so cri mor.

MayMay

Banned
You guys realize that only one team makes it out of groups this year right? Meaning you have to win all your game basically to get out.

Also the foreskin thing was a discussion on mumble and I don't care about your name so cri mor.

It's the top 2 from each group that qualify for the playoffs after day 1 and then they shuffle.

Edit: nvm that makes no sense I read that wrong

Rivitur

Banned
It's the top 2 from each group that qualify for the playoffs after day 1 and then they shuffle.

Edit: nvm that makes no sense I read that wrong
Lol no!

The tournament will kick off with a best-of-one, double-elimination group stage with a twist: at the end of day one, all groups will be played out in the Upper Bracket.

The four group winners will advance straight into the quarter-finals, and then the groups will be redrawn, pairing the 12 remaining sides against new opponents to determine the final teams that will make it to the playoffs

Don't spread these so and so is not getting out of groups lies before you see the redrawn groups.

MayMay

Banned
Lol no! The tournament will kick off with a best-of-one, double-elimination group stage with a twist: at the end of day one, all groups will be played out in the Upper Bracket.

The four group winners will advance straight into the quarter-finals, and then the groups will be redrawn, pairing the 12 remaining sides against new opponents to determine the final teams that will make it to the playoffs

Yeh. That's what I noticed too after I sent the other post. Also, a post from you with good grammar?! Nice copy & paste :p

Edit: And now you edited it!!

Mokoi

Banned

Yeah stop playing mm for now. I know rugioh said aim will comes over time, but nahh if you want to improve the fastest just work on your aim right now. Aim alone can carry you pretty far. That why you run into people who have great aim, but are so stupid. of course that doesn't mean to just ignore improving on the basics. positioning, nades, crosshair placement, and all that good shit.

If you haven't already find a good sensitivity for yourself. Sensitivity is subjective; however, using something too low or high won't be doing you any favors.

I recommend starting at 2.5/400 dpi, and just get a feel of it by tracking a bots head while strafing. Too hard to track the head while moving then lower yo sens. Once you find a good sens then do a shit load of bot dm (adren has video on this with config and everything.) Practice bursting and spraying man. Get real good at aiming, and unless those at your rank smurfing you can soar high with just your aim.
Yeh. That's what I noticed too after I sent the other post. Also, a post from you with good grammar?! Nice copy & paste :p

Edit: And now you edited it!!
just because people don't have good grammar doesn't mean they don't think so good. typical toxic eu.

chessnut

Ugh. That makes the tournament even more random. Nothing is worse than some lucky team making it out of groups and watching the most boring quarter final match the next day. VP vs Penta, Fnatic vs Penta, and Epsilon vs Dignitas (now TSM) come to mind.

Wish they'd make it bo3. Seriously...traveling to a LAN just to qualify, spend weeks preparing for the main event, only to lose 2 bo1's and you're out. So fucking ridiculous. These next 2 weeks are gonna be hell for sgares and the other IGLs/coaches. Apparently he even reviewed noble's demos to prepare for for Cologne qualifiers.

On the flipside, it's nice to know that some of these groups with 3 deserving teams can potentially all make it past groups. C and D in particular.

Rivitur

Banned
Ugh. That makes the tournament even more random. Nothing is worse than some lucky team making it out of groups and watching the most boring quarter final match the next day. VP vs Penta, Fnatic vs Penta, and Epsilon vs Dignitas (now TSM) come to mind.

Wish they'd make it bo3. Seriously...traveling to a LAN just to qualify, spend weeks preparing for the main event, only to lose 2 bo1's and you're out. So fucking ridiculous. These next 2 weeks are gonna be hell for sgares and the other IGLs/coaches. Apparently he even reviewed noble's demos to prepare for for Cologne qualifiers.

On the flipside, it's nice to know that some of these groups with 3 deserving teams can potentially all make it past groups. C and D in particular.
Ehh idk anymore someone make sense of this for me:

The groups will consist of two Legends teams and two Challengers and will be played out in a double elimination bracket. At the end of the day one, the groups will be re-drawn with one team already moving on to the playoffs as the first seed and one team already being out.
The second group phase will also be a double elimination with only one team moving on at the end of the secondary group stage. A best-of-three, single elimination bracket will be used for the rest of the tournament including the Grand Final of the event

This make is seem like the bottom team of each group won't be shuffled so losing 2 means your out However, the other things I've read state that the remaining 12 teams will be shuffled meaning you have to lose 4 games to be eliminated?

chessnut

Ehh idk anymore someone make sense of this for me:

This make is seem like the bottom team of each group won't be shuffled so losing 2 means your out However, the other things I've read state that the remaining 12 teams will be shuffled meaning you have to lose 4 games to be eliminated?

According to the HLTV article, it says the following
"at the end of day one, all groups will be played out in the Upper Bracket."

Meaning 1 out of 4 teams in each group makes it out, and none of the loser bracket games are played. Then the remaining 12 teams (3 from each group) are reshuffled.

The ESL website confirms this:

At the end of the first day, after all four groups have been played out up to and including the winners' match with the elimination match and decider match still to be played out, the groups will be redrawn, with the quarterfinals to be seeded to ensure that teams won't end up facing a team they've already fought until they reach the grand finals.

I don't know how the reshuffled groups will play out as their are 12 teams gunning for 4 spots.

FYI: legend teams are teams that made it out of groups at the last major (keyd/luminosity, fnatic, envy, VP, TSM, NIP, mousesports/penta, and Na'Vi). The challenger teams are everyone else.

Rivitur

Banned
According to the HLTV article, it says the following

Meaning 1 out of 4 teams in each group makes it out, and none of the loser bracket games are played. Then the remaining 12 teams (3 from each group) are reshuffled.

The ESL website confirms this:

I don't know how the reshuffled groups will play out as their are 12 teams gunning for 4 spots.

FYI: legend teams are teams that made it out of groups at the last major (keyd/luminosity, fnatic, envy, VP, TSM, NIP, mousesports/penta, and Na'Vi). The challenger teams are everyone else.
The legend part was of the paragraph I stole from gosu I know that. I was confused on the elimination game part and how gosu said one team will be out.

THEaaron

What is with this fucking community? Came into a match with a guy that has 1600(!!) hours invested in this game and started complaining at the second round of the match. Cried in voice and allsay about me and my dude are silvers.

He was bad and saying we wouldn't know who he was and I just blocked communication and all.

plot twist: he was legendary eagle..............

haveheart

Banned
What is with this fucking community? Came into a match with a guy that has 1600(!!) hours invested in this game and started complaining at the second round of the match. Cried in voice and allsay about me and my dude are silvers.

He was bad and saying we wouldn't know who he was and I just blocked communication and all.

plot twist: he was legendary eagle..............

I feel you. Solo Q is a waste of time, either teammates are toxic or just plain stupid (today a guy was going for 40 kills, that was his goal, well, we lost, he got 36 kills but no teamplay).

Would be great if the gaf cs steam group would be more active (and bigger), so teaming up there before MM would be kewl

haveheart

Banned
Saving this post for future use.

haha, good idea.

Anyone of you guys LEM? I'm DMG/LE for quite a while now, many up and down ranks. To me it feels like I either reached my personal skill limit or whatever or is this something like a bigger step up from LE to LEM?

Sajjaja

haha, good idea.

Anyone of you guys LEM? I'm DMG/LE for quite a while now, many up and down ranks. To me it feels like I either reached my personal skill limit or whatever or is this something like a bigger step up from LE to LEM?

Pretty sure a few of us are LEM 4 lyfe losers who cant aim gud and suk at lyfe and shud hang themselfs.

Overdoziz

Banned
haha, good idea.

The ranks around LE are weird. One match you're pooping on fools and win easily against LEMs and Supremes, the next you're losing against DMGs that play like gods. (fuck you Jessica)

NeoFaff

Oh man the $1m missions are so dumb. They actually count the money you spend on weapons and the money from kill rewards, not round money. Wtf :L
e: i guess it actually makes sense if you actually listen to Booth but still...

Top Bottom