• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Valkrai

Tonnes of resources online. Search corridium studios on YT to see some of his design process videos;they act as good tutorials. That's how I started learning.

Any way this is possible in something like Blender? I don't have enough for something like Zbrush or 3D Coat

MayMay

Banned
Any way this is possible in something like Blender? I don't have enough for something like Zbrush or 3D Coat

No need to buy ZBrush for CS skins, that's definitely not the right software for the job. No idea about 3D Coat because I never used that.

MayMay

Banned
Oh he's using it for projection mapping I guess..? That's an interesting way of doing things. Certainly something you can do if you already have the software available - but it's not something you have to buy to make skins. Gonna watch one of his vids and look at what he's doing.

Edit: What he's doing is actually quite smart. Certainly super useful - but not essential. You can already make a decent skin with just Photoshop.

As Soultron said there's tons of tutorials online, alot of Steam Guides as well in text form that explain how to make a skin with free software like Gimp, and Blender even.

soultron

Banned
You can try 3dcoat free for 30 days. That's what I did before I bought it. Same goes for Zbrush or Marmoset Toolbag 2, but these are only really good to get nice render previews... Which also have a drawback because the reflectivity + specularity (and glossiness and so on) don't match the render setting of CSGO annnnd you won't get some things that don't show up on the default UVs, like the AO and even details like the screws on the P90, the dots on the Glock sights, or the fire selector markings from the MP7.

Also, projection painting is the only way to get around how badly some of the bad UV unwraps are. If you try to edit the UVs directly in photoshop you'll see how badly distorted some of the UVs are, trust me. That and overlapping UV islands.

But yeah, i usually use projection painting for my mockup first and then edit directly in photoshop on the UV sheet itself. For most of my custom paint job style skins always. Patina style is just applying a square pattern, in contrast.

MayMay

Banned
The UV for the AWP is flat out broken. It's looks fine in the tga file that they provide as a download - but it turns out the AWP obj they provide has some weird shit going on that makes using it in ZBrush (which I tried just now) or Substance Painter (which I tried a while ago, since I'm currently learning the allegorithmic tools) impossible until you manually clean it up. Volvo pls.

At least that's a problem I ran into, it's fairly easy to bypass though.

Rivitur

Banned
7bddddf042.png

The black in the back is going to have a design of some sort probably.

soultron

Banned
How that design would look on an AWP

disclaimer: quick and dirty mock-up
I think the style and execution looks much better. As I mentioned before, I think trying to make the entire thing a pool cue doesn't work. But limiting the cue part to the barrel itself and then using other design elements on the rest of the gun, as you've done now, works much better.

I think i'd go with more felt green on the gun.

And i like the idea of a set of pool balls with all the colors and numbers being on the butt of the gun, and a white ball nearer to the barrel.

DKAX1ee.png

Almost like this overhead view of a pool table. I think the scope and barrel design are awesome though. I just think it's missing that felt green and the colors of the pool balls. You could put the balls fanning out to the rear of the rifle's butt and bleed them over the edge of the weapon.

soultron

Banned
I think i'd go with more felt green on the gun.

And i like the idea of a set of pool balls with all the colors and numbers being on the butt of the gun, and a white ball nearer to the barrel.

DKAX1ee.png

Almost like this overhead view of a pool table. I think the scope and barrel design are awesome though. I just think it's missing that felt green and the colors of the pool balls. You could put the balls fanning out to the rear of the rifle's butt and bleed them over the edge of the weapon.

Yeah man, this is what I'm saying too.

MayMay

Banned
Just you wait, were gonna go to your little country and rock it harder than we did in WWII.
Carried on the back of a Canadian!

Ill go there, and take a selfie with the stage in the bg the second C9 wins the major. Which is totes gonna reveal my identity.

Thank god C9 isnt gonna win. And if they do, then you can come kill me littleworm :)

Get Nova 4 (Nova Master whatever bator). Yay! Get matched to Nuke with 1 silver and 3 LOL WE LOSING FOR KEKS teammates....back to Nova III I go -_-

Blizzard

Banned
got a nice 1 week cooldown on my alt acc
no more solo mm for me
What gave you the cooldown? I thought being kicked didn't give you a cooldown unless overwatch actually voted against you.

On another note, I apparently saw my first VAC ban in CSGO today. A bunch of people were asking that a cheater be reported, and shortly after they got kicked by console as having an untrusted account. I checked their profile and yep, it said VAC ban 0 days ago.

frbrr

What gave you the cooldown? I thought being kicked didn't give you a cooldown unless overwatch actually voted against you.

On another note, I apparently saw my first VAC ban in CSGO today. A bunch of people were asking that a cheater be reported, and shortly after they got kicked by console as having an untrusted account. I checked their profile and yep, it said VAC ban 0 days ago.

It's an alt account for solo mm, so I just leave when people start raging too hard (which turns out to be pretty much every game on eu north servers)

Blizzard

Banned
It's an alt account for solo mm, so I just leave when people start raging too hard (which turns out to be pretty much every game on eu north servers)
Why not just right click block communications from the scoreboard? This means no stress from ragers, and you don't get cooldowns as far as I know.

The block communications will block both voice and text chat, so the rage gets totally shut off.

Mokoi

Banned
Moko, "lets play casual"

Proceeds to queue for competitive then realizes in game what he did. :/
dudde we should have won. i actually played p good even tho fucked up. obvs cheaters no other way to explain losing. i am globals elietz master first class, so i know when cunt cheater with his fresh steam account with one game.

YOU SHOULD HAVE POINTED IT OUT TO ME PATRICK WEENIE.

Rivitur

Banned
dudde we should have won. i actually played p good even tho fucked up. obvs cheaters no other way to explain losing. i am globals elietz master first class, so i know when cunt cheater with his fresh steam account with one game.

That Patrick pick o_O I might sub to ESL just to post it once.

Moko, "lets play casual"

Proceeds to queue for competitive then realizes in game what he did. :/

How do you fuck that up? You got to press a fucking accept button. I guess Mokoi was drunk of his ass and well you Rivi, you were just being rivi.

Were never gonna make it to the majors like this!

Divius

Ranked back up to DMG again. The inconsistency in the opponents and teammates I am encountering is getting ridiculous. Winning a game 16-4, losing the next 4-16. Some people running and gunning and missing all their shots like silvers, other people playing like they are nex on adderall.

Rivitur

Banned
Ranked back up to DMG again. The inconsistency in the opponents and teammates I am encountering is getting ridiculous. Winning a game 16-4, losing the next 4-16. Some people running and gunning and missing all their shots like silvers, other people playing like they are nex on adderall.
Cs ladies and gentlemen

i'm having the same issue now I am DMG, I really can't remember the last close match! I win two 16-4/5 and then lose the next two 16-6 or so.

WE'RE TWITCH CHAT NOW BOYS!!!!!!!

░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░▄░▄░█░░
░▄▄░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄▄▄█░░
█░░▀▄░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░▀▄░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░█░░
░░░▀▄░░▀░░░█░░░░░░█░░
░░░▄▀░░░░░░█░░░░▄▀░░░
░░░▀▄▀▄▄▀░░█▀░▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█▀▀█▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░░░░░

udiie

Just tried out Faceit, way better than the servers in regular Competitive.

problem is, the group we play in doesnt really execute strats at all, we rely largely on aim duels. groups on faceit however, have some set smoke and molotov executes that we just dont see in MM
if we ran some strats, i think faceit would be way more satisfying

also i hope you cunts get banned

MayMay

Banned
problem is, the group we play in doesnt really execute strats at all, we rely largely on aim duels. groups on faceit however, have some set smoke and molotov executes that we just dont see in MM
if we ran some strats, i think faceit would be way more satisfying

also i hope you cunts get banned

We should play more FaceIt and practice that stuff.

Top Bottom