• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

udiie

I'll be the first to admit that accepting "bullshit" only invites more, but the more I think about it the more I despair.

They won't revert the additional rng changes to the iconic guns synonymous with cs. When you use these weapons, you are now punished with an increase burden of randomness. It is now more likely that you might be aiming wide of a player and still get a hit, or aim dead on and hit wide. It feels horrible to play compared to before.

But then, the awp nerfs were not asked for by any, and were widely condemned: but that stayed. These rifle changes were not asked for by anyone: but they will stay too.

The rifle changes are here to stay. Welcome to the future of counter strike, where valve is determined to minimise the "Ak/m4/awp" trifecta that has been key to the success of the most popular pc fps in history.

I'm very sad.

join_in_the_internet_circle_jerk_print-ra11ce31c7e7d40d78d37d8a5a1e777f5_zod_400.jpg

RobNBanks

Banned

these dudes are worse than SpeedyBlueDude. I used to think he was annoying but they've changed my mind.

also hilarious that "cuz they want people to use the SG/AUG!" meanwhile in the same patch they added a covert M4A4 and another classified AK47, higher tiered weapons bring in more money.

Give it two months and the subreddit will be over it, and won't ever mention the update again except maybe one guy a night when he rants and complained cause he misses a spray because he just sucks.

All that subreddit does is complain about try to find anything to make them feel better about their skill at the game.

"If it wasn't for that AWP nerf I would have hit that shot and dropped a 40 bomb! I was KennyS before the nerf!"
"I only lost because the VAC bans banned all the good players and all the silvers are Global now. All Globals are bad now... Expect for me of course."
"Wow I would have killed that guy if Valve didn't nerf the M4A1-S! Stupid fucking Valve."

And now
"wow if This spray was before the update I would have sprayed down and 5k'd those guys. Fucking Valve and RNG ruined my skill I was pro before this."

The counter strike sub reddit just confirms that CS has the worst community out of any big multiplayer game.

Only that sub reddit would defend Richard Lewis

udiie

worst part is, i totally believe that people on here defend them (csgo reddit) simply because they dont have experience with the game.

baby

worst part is, i totally believe that people on here defend them (csgo reddit) simply because they dont have experience with the game.

i dont defend them that way, i just say that its true and also theyre all scrubs and they should just stop playing

Ludono

Give it two months and the subreddit will be over it, and won't ever mention the update again except maybe one guy a night when he rants and complained cause he misses a spray because he just sucks.

All that subreddit does is complain about try to find anything to make them feel better about their skill at the game.

"If it wasn't for that AWP nerf I would have hit that shot and dropped a 40 bomb! I was KennyS before the nerf!"
"I only lost because the VAC bans banned all the good players and all the silvers are Global now. All Globals are bad now... Expect for me of course."
"Wow I would have killed that guy if Valve didn't nerf the M4A1-S! Stupid fucking Valve."

And now
"wow if This spray was before the update I would have sprayed down and 5k'd those guys. Fucking Valve and RNG ruined my skill I was pro before this."

But its true that the nerfs suck.

I still hate how the AWP handles and want the old AWP back, and while not AS noticeable the AK/M4 RNG is pretty dumb as well. But Volvo dun give a fak

Ludono

Didn't even notice until today but those GAF matches yesterday deranked me back to LE.... :/

I played better than I have in a while too which makes it a bit upsetting :(

cHinzo

Looks like everyone deranked in EU. We need to win more, because those randoms in the last game were straight up trash. Usually people in the enemy team are a bit nicer, but they were trash people too. -_- unfun.

MayMay

Banned
Na'Vi Na'Vi pls need another map come on lets go!

JW more like JBot
Kappa.png

Fnatic will probably come back lol

got to GNM and stopped playing for a while (months) so my rank went hidden

went back on today, played a comp round with one of my friends who's at SEM, he brought someone else along who's GN3, we won and now I'm GN3, is that because of the ranks I played with or was it because of my performance compared to a GN3

Nah, does not have anything to do with your performance compared to anyone. Have you played any matches before the win that made your rank reappear? That might've deranked you.

Edit: If not - then that mysterious derank is just another one of the weird things happening with the ranking system in the game atm lol

shagia

Na'Vi Na'Vi pls need another map come on lets go!

Nah, does not have anything to do with your performance compared to anyone Id say. Have you played any matches before the win that made your rank reappear? That might've deranked you.

its also possible that you deranked and forgot

Nah, today was my first time playing competitive since October. But now that you mention it, I checked my match history, and the last 4 games I played before stopping CS were losses. maybe those were it? I definitely could have deranked from those four losses, lol

baby

Nah, today was my first time playing competitive since October. But now that you mention it, I checked my match history, and the last 4 games I played before stopping CS were losses. maybe those were it? I definitely could have deranked from those four losses, lol

yea thats what i mean, its even possible that you quit right out of the game and didnt even see in the menu that you deranked

Top Bottom