• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Reven

I have used OBS to stream once and found it much worse than Shadowplay. Shadowplay looked better and was LESS of a performance hit.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Day 2 is almost over and the audio channels are still reversed. ESL/ESEA please...

baby

You know they're never going to do a roster change. Liquid took a long fucking team making one roster change and probably won't ever do one again.

NA Shuffle needs to happen to CLG to make them remotely interesting.

i mean if you mean replacing all 5 garbage players yea sure

RobNBanks

Banned
CLG is probably never gonna change roster.

they've basically had the same roster since I started watching CS. had ptr for a bit but that's because jdm thought he could work a real job

baby

CLG is probably never gonna change roster.

they've basically had the same roster since I started watching CS. had ptr for a bit but that's because jdm thought he could work a real job

they had lucky instead of tarik before because they didnt think he was mature enough to compete and was just a pug star lol

the fns/cutler/hazed core has been going strong since source

FaceTurn

they had lucky instead of tarik before because they didnt think he was mature enough to compete and was just a pug star lol

the fns/cutler/hazed core has been going strong since source

Didn't they want to cut hazed with ptr before? I don't think FNS is going anywhere since I think he created the group.

ElTopo

Banned
Anyone got tips for a semi-newbie? I used to play CS way back in the day. Never got really good at it but had fun. Went without a PC for a number of years and tried to get back into it with CS Source and just got annihilated and I really did not enjoy the hit-detection in that game. I bought CS GO when it was on sale a few years ago, tried to got into it, got annihilated.

To me, it seems like you're more at the mercy of having a decent team because generally I can get 1 or 2 guys. But at that point most of my team has been wiped out and I took a few hits and I have to fight at least 2-3 guys at once.

When I see "pros" play it, it seems like they've memorized corners and angles of the map where dudes pass by where they can get a reactionary/lucky headshot.

This is probably scrubby, but I'm wondering if there's any good tips you guys might provide? I get using short-controlled bursts. I get that. I generally try to aim at the lower torso and maybe crouch but I still get wrecked. I get grenade/smoke bomb usage too.

baby

Anyone got tips for a semi-newbie? I used to play CS way back in the day. Never got really good at it but had fun. Went without a PC for a number of years and tried to get back into it with CS Source and just got annihilated and I really did not enjoy the hit-detection in that game. I bought CS GO when it was on sale a few years ago, tried to got into it, got annihilated.

To me, it seems like you're more at the mercy of having a decent team because generally I can get 1 or 2 guys. But at that point most of my team has been wiped out and I took a few hits and I have to fight at least 2-3 guys at once.

When I see "pros" play it, it seems like they've memorized corners and angles of the map where dudes pass by where they can get a reactionary/lucky headshot.

This is probably scrubby, but I'm wondering if there's any good tips you guys might provide? I get using short-controlled bursts. I get that. I generally try to aim at the lower torso and maybe crouch but I still get wrecked. I get grenade/smoke bomb usage too.

dont aim at the stomach/crotch area. go for the headshot and pull down. learn to spray, its the most effective way to shot in csgo. and yes they know corners and angles, and you will need to figure those out to even be somewhat competitive. if youre finding yourself in 1v2s and 1v3s constantly youre probably not playing with your team. when someone kills one of your teammate, you should be trying to trade out the kill instead of sitting back being afraid.

thats all i can tell you from your post

RobNBanks

Banned
Just play.

Reddit has these college like courses but that shit is unnecessary. You might have the sickest aim in the world but if you can't put yourself in situations to take advantage of that aim what good is it?

You need to learn maps. You need to know MM tendencies, common angles enemies hold, etc. This is all stuff you can only learn by playing

baby

and i think its common sense, but some people seem to need to be explained this- put your crosshair where their heads will be. not at the wall, not at the floor, but where theyre coming from

I need to stop playing CS after just waking up.

4FB8FE20BF2D7A4E7A95B818A42F4AB8FEFB7836

Solo-queue, getting carried because I literally couldn't hit anything. Haha I was so out of it my sensitivity felt too fast for me lol. Like I just couldn't control anything.

Man... I'm so close to ranking up. If I could finally get SMFC back I'd be so happy. :(

RobNBanks

Banned
What the old recoil looked like
hckfjeh.png

What pro recoil control looked like
whjNFxX.png

What CS community thought their recoil control looked like
gB5iUI3.jpg

What CS community thinks the new recoil is
IEm5gV1.jpg

What CS community thinks new recoil control is
IEm5gV1.jpg

baby

Right, I don't really know where to begin with this post (kind of a rant and a - possibly - goodbye CS post). I'll just start off by saying I've been playing CS:GO since about July last year. My first rank was Silver 1 and it's taken me about 300 wins just to get to Supreme (and about 1200 hours).

Since this Winter update, I've just given up on CS. I honestly can't comprehend the point of this update. I've just lost all my interests in playing CS, but I still love watching the pro side of CS. The update just ruined things for me. I've started playing some LoL but I don't know if I'll ever be back into CS:GO ever again.

All the devs had to do was look at all the feedback posts in this subreddit and they would have seen some truly amazing ideas in here, but no. They had to add an OP gun, change inaccuracy to the point where pistol rounds are extremely un-balanced to the T's because the CT pistols have better accuracy and damage. Valve could have upgraded their anti-cheat system, added some more ranks, added more weapon slots (so we can pick between the M4's in game), but they decide to give us something that nobody wanted. I don't know what kind of reasoning they had cos in my opinion, if you give the community what they want, more people will be interested in it. Also, the other day I downloaded Dota (although Dota<League) and holy shit did Dota have a better interface than CS:GO.

Valve need to step up their updates for CS because they're slowly killing CS. Even the pro's don't want to play with this new update.

tl;dr

WAAAA! WAAA! WAAAAA!

Valkrai

tl;dr

WAAAA! WAAA! WAAAAA!

There was no need to nerf the rifles though. If they wanted people to tap fire or burst more, they could have maybe lowered the spread or recoil of the first three bullets.

Everything else is just fine to me though. R8 is nerfed enough but still a decent weapon to use.

Edit: Still doesn't make that post fucking ridiculous though.

ADD MOAR RANKS, WEAPONS, VACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MayMay

Banned
Id like more ranks, actually. Dunno. Would probably decrease the skillgaps in the upper ranks. Like Supreme has everything from Silver-tier to God-tier at the moment.

Valkrai

Id like more ranks, actually. Dunno. Would probably make the skillgaps in the upper ranks smaller. Like atm Supreme has everything from Silver-tier to God-tier

It'd be no small task, I would assume. They need to begin using Silver ranks now since it's super easy to get into Nova and bypass Silver.

I have no idea how they could improve MM ranks without fucking things up.

MayMay

Banned
Even pushing the lower tier back into Silver would probably improve things, seems like the skillgaps in the higher ranks are just because Silver is basically non-existent anymore.

Valkrai

Even pushing the lower tier back into Silver would probably improve things

I don't know a single person who has gotten into Silver lately. The lowest my friends have gotten (for starting to play just very recently) was GN1, which blows my mind. I fear how awful Silver matches are if some of them got Nova.

RobNBanks

Banned
The game already has like 19 ranks The only thing that would change with more ranks is that instead of DMG being the new Silver, Global would be the new silver.

Valkrai

I remember when visceral tried to push hardline for esports

I don't remember that. I also don't think it works as an esport. It feels like it wants to be tactical or a twitch shooter but doesn't succeed at either.

Also I thought the appeal of those games were large scale battles.

MayMay

Banned
The game already has like 19 ranks The only thing that would change with more ranks is that instead of DMG being the new Silver, Global would be the new silver.

Adding a rank (or two) between LEM and SMFC would improve things by alot. Doesnt have to add ranks above Global, but inbetween some ranks.

Like.. Supreme Master Third Class, Second Class - and then the last one before Global would be First Class or some dumb shit like that. I'm bad at coming up with names.

Would certainly help with the skillgap in Supreme. One game you face a team that is just so absurdly bad you can't figure out how they ended up there, and the next you're against some people that actually deserve the rank and play well.

I don't remember that. I also don't think it works as an esport. It feels like it wants to be tactical or a twitch shooter but doesn't succeed at either.

Also I thought the appeal of those games were large scale battles.
I remember they tried to push it for a short period of time before the game came out. It was either the community manager at visceral or an EA guy who dropped it during an interview. I think they even made a smaller 5v5 or 6v6 mode for it too.

MayMay

Banned
People in this thread went onto a rollercoaster of emotions started by that Winter Update and it was fucking hilarious lol

udiie

Dude, I've been having so much fun lately just playing the game.
Shame others can't seem to grasp that concept and have to blame minuscule changes on their shitty play.
(The r8 was not a minuscule change, but everything else... &#128527;)

Top Bottom