• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Divius

Page 100! We did it!

2 ties for me yesterday. One was with a BOT because we kicked a toxic player, so I ain't even mad. Dude on our team had to carry us with 40 kills though.

rugioh

Banned
EDIT: man reddit is insufferable right now. I was complaining about rifle nerfs from the jump! To be honest in-game it hasn't effected my spray anymore.

RobNBanks

Banned
EDIT: man reddit is insufferable right now. I was complaining about rifle nerfs from the jump! To be honest in-game it hasn't effected my spray anymore.

This is what we call theory strike.

Similar to theory fighter 4 where people complained how certain characters got nerfed too hard because all they looked at were numbers.

It seems like you can get free steam xp (and one cent profit!) by crafting CS:GO badges (up to 500xp).
The badge costs 25 cent to craft, and it will get you two community items worth 7 cent each (after the steam fee) and one mysterious card worth 12 cent.

MayMay

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe..._valve_most_like_changed_something_about_the/

Interesting.

Honestly that might explain why I went to bed as a SMFC and woke up and was suddenly LEM like 2 days ago. I already thought that was odd. Like, I lost alot but I still seemed to have deranked all of the sudden (or more like - delayed)

Id certainly appreciate if Valve did something against the rank inflation.. so if anything did get changed I'm gonna be really happy. They gotta fill up Silver again! Because at the moment rank doesnt mean much.. alot of really shit ppl are Superme as well as alot of really good ppl. And the skillgap in a single rank should not be that high.

Edit: Oh, SpeedyBlueDude posted the same link earlier.

cHinzo

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe..._valve_most_like_changed_something_about_the/

Interesting.

Honestly that might explain why I went to bed as a SMFC and woke up and was suddenly LEM like 2 days ago. I already thought that was odd. Like, I lost alot but I still seemed to have deranked all of the sudden (or more like - delayed)

Id certainly appreciate if Valve did something against the rank inflation.. so if anything did get changed I'm gonna be really happy. They gotta fill up Silver again! Because at the moment rank doesnt mean much.. alot of really shit ppl are Superme as well as alot of really good ppl. And the skillgap in a single rank should not be that high.

Edit: Oh, SpeedyBlueDude posted the same link earlier.
Post match history. 8) I deranked from my smurf after 3 straight losses, but won 4 in a row to get it back again.

MayMay

Banned
Post match history. 8) I deranked from my smurf after 3 straight losses, but won 4 in a row to get it back again.

Should not take 4 wins in a row to get your rank back if you start winning again straight after a derank.

Anyways all I was saying is that I lost a match, did not derank - but had a derank the next morning w/o playing another match. Which is.. weird - and coincidentally that happened right when ppl started to assume that Valve might've changed the ranks. Not like I'm complaining, I deserved the derank but it was odd that it did not happen immediately.

Hixx

So we just won one, drew one and lost one. 4 of us deranked (I didn't, for some reason).

Considering I very rarely play without those 4 people.. the fuck??

frbrr

So we just won one, drew one and lost one. 4 of us deranked (I didn't, for some reason).

Considering I very rarely play without those 4 people.. the fuck??

You topfrag a lot of the time. There seems to be a very small benefit if you perform well individually, over time that should add up

MayMay

Banned
The plot thickens, so there's a real chance Valve fixed the ranks?

Edit:

vqvWgRh.png

LOL 6 wins and a tie - 1 loss and that person deranked. Its from the Reddit thread.

And here I am, 7 losses in a row and one win. Still LE. I just stopped matching against LEM/SMFC and am only finding LEs now haha.

Guess that 25 wins 4 losses I had over the weekend helped me out a bit. ;P

Yea, lost my rank when I got back on yesterday due to inactivity. Won my first game in my 2nd try and deranked from MGE to MG2. Had to win about 7 more games to get back to MGE.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The plot thickens, so there's a real chance Valve fixed the ranks?

Edit:

LOL 6 wins and a tie - 1 loss and that person deranked. Its from the Reddit thread.

This is very similar to me. I was on a 9 game win streak into LEM (most of them 16-4 wins), and then lost 2 close games and deranked. Outfragged the supreme carry on the other team in one of the games too, sad days.

Apparently, some guy runs a site that attempts to track average rankings using bots: ranks distribution here, and he claims to have seen a decrease in the top ranks lately and an uptick in the silver ranks. Now even if his methodology might be flawed and skewed towards better players; I'm guessing he never saw significant rank shifts until recently. Makes sense too, I think it was time to change the percentiles with the flood of new players and smurfs in those lower ranks.

Is it confirmed the ranks have been tweaked? That's good but I haven't gotten deranked back yet.

Yeah like MayMay said Valve would never confirm a change in their ranking system, their quite tight lipped about them to begin with to prevent abuse and the like I guess. Anecdotal and statistical evidence from the site above seems to indicate that they did indeed adjust the rank percentiles though (close to 0% of active players used to be silver 3/4, that's been on the rise lately). Definitely not a bad thing imo.

And here I am, 7 losses in a row and one win. Still LE. I just stopped matching against LEM/SMFC and am only finding LEs now haha.

Guess that 25 wins 4 losses I had over the weekend helped me out a bit. ;P

Could be they just lowered the GE/Supereme/LEM % and raised silver by a bit. But again, who the hell knows what exactly they changed.

frbrr

I actually think valve mentioned it the last time they messed with the ranks, so that makes me think they haven't done anything with it recently.

cresto

This update has pissed me off. By nerfing the pistols AND rifles, its like nothing changed. Pistols are still just as powerful compared to the crappy rifles.

cHinzo

Any excuse to use the AUG

U could have bought a nade with that money! Srsly though, if u can't use nades anyway, might as well skip buying them and buy an AUG. It's a pretty good weapon. :d

Aight guys, I've tested the new ranking system out by losing 2 games in a row today and I haven't deranked yet. It's safe so far!

Mokoi

Banned
All bout that work life and got no internet where I make my stay. However, I'll get on later for a bit just for u bb.

baby

udiie/baby/pete/moko/clyde

lets play later.
im not sure why i added moko, hes never on anymore #rip

ill play if im done with this assignment. have to do it online and campus net was down for 12 hours lmao

and dont worry about eric whining about an east coast server hell whine no matter what :)

baby

i dont play with saj because even tho i didnt know he plays with rivi, ive been subconsciously judging him for it this whole time

Mokoi

Banned
wrong thread and baby is typical excuses excuses student. I spit on ya. *spit spit can't wait till dat sweet winter paid break

Top Bottom