• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

T.O.P

Banned
I think i'm gonna grab a new mouse, the one i'm using isn't really suitable to play this

Good pick?
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00Q1HFIXK/
_

Also played for about 15 hours throughout the weekend, my reaction time is absolutely awful, by the time i shoot someone they could've at least emptied a full magazine on me

I also don't understand how i can't hit shit from afar meanwhile that guy on the other side of the map headshot me with an ak47 :(

Can some of you add me as well if possible? donnow a single soul who plays this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/KI_Heisenberg

MayMay

Banned
Also played for about 15 hours throughout the weekend, my reaction time is absolutely awful, by the time i shoot someone they could've at least emptied a full magazine on me

I also don't understand how i can't hit shit from afar meanwhile that guy on the other side of the map headshot me with an ak47 :(

Heyy, and welcome to CS. There's alot to learn and understand, so you might want to watch some tutorials that explain the basics of spraypatterns/spraycontrol, movement, etc. and just generally other areas of the game.

The OP is not useful whatsoever to learn the game, so dont even try to look there.

Check out WarOwl on Youtube for beginner tutorials, as well as adren_tv for some more advanced stuff/analysis. 3kliksphilip also has a few nice tutorials.

Overall, you need alot of practice to "get gud" - so don't feel discouraged if things dont go your way for a while when you're starting out. Because the game has alot more depth to it than say, CoD where you just run and gun ppl down.

To answer the AK thing, you might be moving while you're shooting - which makes the gun super inaccurate. Also dont spray on long range. Try standing still and tap shooting for maximum success. You can also try short 3 round bursts.

impact

Banned
never used it but I hear the Rival is a good mouse, but it has some quality issues with either the scroll wheel or one of the mouse buttons clicking.

I would recommend Zowie. I went from global elite to global elite when I got the EC1-A

T.O.P

Banned
never used it but I hear the Rival is a good mouse, but it has some quality issues with either the scroll wheel or one of the mouse buttons clicking.

I would recommend Zowie. I went from global elite to global elite when I got the EC1-A

Never even heard of Zowie before, i'll check them out for sure tho, thanks

Anything is gonna be better than my G700 for sure, way too damn heavy

Heyy, and welcome to CS. There's alot to learn and understand, so you might want to watch some tutorials that explain the basics of spraypatterns/spraycontrol, movement, etc. and just generally other areas of the game.

The OP is not useful whatsoever to learn the game, so dont even try to look there.

Check out WarOwl on Youtube for beginner tutorials, as well as adren_tv for some more advanced stuff/analysis. 3kliksphilip also has a few nice tutorials.

Overall, you need alot of practice to "get gud" - so don't feel discouraged if things dont go your way for a while when you're starting out. Because the game has alot more depth to it than say, CoD where you just run and gun ppl down.

To answer the AK thing, you might be moving while you're shooting - which makes the gun super inaccurate. Also dont spray on long range. Try standing still and tap shooting for maximum success. You can also try short 3 round bursts.

Yeah i'm trying to learn how to move still, the movement/accuracy thing is absolutely alien to me, my brain goes 90% avoid getting killed and 10% try to actually hit the guy

Map knowledge is obviously still an issue as well, apart from Dust II and Zoo/Resort on deathmatch practice, i'm hoping to get a couple of friends back into the game so that i can at least learn how to work as a team while learning where to stand

Also gonna ask because why not, is there an option to limit language matchmaking? if i'm gonna get insulted i'd really prefer to at least understand it lol

MayMay

Banned
Also gonna ask because why not, is there an option to limit language matchmaking? if i'm gonna get insulted i'd really prefer to at least understand it lol

Nope, sadly not. So expect to hear a lot of cyka bljat etc. from our friends over in Russia.

I WISH there was an option like that though.. queueing up and getting random angry eastern europeans as teammates isnt fun.

Yo damn, congrats impact. lol

MayMay

Banned
Ill have to replace my G502 one of these days... It'd be such a lovely mouse if mine wasnt completely broken. Fuck the scroll wheel on that piece of shit, honestly lol.

haveheart

Banned
Ill have to replace my G502 one of these days... It'd be such a lovely mouse if mine wasnt completely broken. Fuck the scroll wheel on that piece of shit, honestly lol.

Got the Zowie ZA11 (large hands, long fingers) for a good week now. It's fantastic, never had such a good mouse. Really reminds me of the old MS Intelli Explorer (good days). For the past 10 years I've been using Logitech mice (mx 300, 500 and so on). Compared to the feel of the Zowie, I regret not getting it sooner.

cresto

compLexity

• Soham "Valens" Chowdhury - @valens_csgo
  • Joshua "Sancz" Ballenger - @SSJsancz
  • Kory "Semphis" Friesen - @SEMPHISSS
  • Daniel "roca" Gustaferri - @coL_roca
  • Timothy "Autimatic" Ta - @coL_autimatic
  • Matt “Warden” Dickens (Manager/Coach) - @coLWarden

http://www.complexitygaming.com/articles/news/press/4523/compLexity-CSGO-2015

meh...Another mediocre NA team. Wish you could see the teams really grow, but its just a poor LAN here and a bad online league there, and poof the teams scramble and its right back to being light-years behind the EU scene.

Omega

Banned
Every NA team will be mediocre unless they're announcing that ex-IBP are no longer banned.

No IGLs. Second best AWPer behind Skadoodle is probably...jdm? Pretty sure there's GAFers that are better than him.

Omega

Banned
meh

IBP threw some random match for thousands of dollars in skins.

VP and EnVy threw semifinals and finals for a chance at a cobblestone case

udiie

also there are dudes that used to be cheating in competitive cs who are being given a second chance
i think thats about equal to throwing in terms of ethics

MayMay

Banned
I mean, sure - once the next CS comes out IBP can be forgiven no problem.

Or are there any ppl that cheated in GO and got a second chance? All that comes to mind for me is ppl that cheated in 1.6 etc.

Clydefrog

Best NA Team:

Artemis "Clyde" Clivefrog
sneaky "pepperoni" pete
Udiie "snax" of Canada
Eric "The" Red

Then a run-off for the last spot between:
Unknown "Shit's Tain" One
Sajjaja "ajajja" jajaj
Bot Elmer

MayMay

Banned
Man.. I gotta hit the DMs and aim maps tomorrow.. yawn.. boring. But not playing for a week or so fucked me up. Need to get back into it.

Got a nice demonstration of CSGO MM today. Played 2 matches, LE/LEM lobby. First match had a Supreme on the enemy team that was fucking shit. Like honestly, he wasnt doing very good at all and had LEs above him.

Second match we got crushed by 2 Supremes that were outclassing us and one of them ranked up to Global in the end.

I wish ranks still meant something, but they don't. The difference between those Supremes in the 2 matches was so huge they should not be the same rank at all.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xizk/ Any euros that want to be invited to MM should add me. Gonna start playing MM most nights and need more people!

Hit me up whenever dude. I still remember playing with you back in the good old Nova days - good times.

MayMay

Banned
Shoulda posted that sick noscope awp headshot that ended up losing us the game lol.

tie = loss

It was sick tho.. 10/10

udiie

I reconsidered you not being a cunt clangfrof but you proved me wrong with that comment of yours
I'll be taking my homosnaxuality elsewhere.

No IGLs. Second best AWPer behind Skadoodle is probably...jdm? Pretty sure there's GAFers that are better than him.

Capable of dropping a 32-17 against na'vi at a major, dominating Guardian, carrying to a decent 14-16 result? Jdm was super impressive there. "Good games happen" but I would argue anyone capable of that would already be pro. I wish he was the second best french awper instead of smithzz...

I've been piling on some souvenir weapons. They really look good, with the autographs. Perfect for all those guns you barely use. Impossible to find any affordable kenny ones though, because he sorta never was mvp of the round...

udiie

h4dLFiO.jpg
Eric's right about the nickname for me though

mulac

Just picked this up on Steam for AUD7.00. Keen to relive my old CS:S days and dabble...wheres the best place to start??

Omega

Banned
Just picked this up on Steam for AUD7.00. Keen to relive my old CS:S days and dabble...wheres the best place to start??

Depends on what you're looking for. Interested in competitive? Then you have to suffer through casual to get to rank 3, or you can just play competitive via faceit

or you could always just play community servers.

Top Bottom