• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I hate lame ppl. So the 2 guys I went with yesterday decided to be bitches and not go today because they don't feel so well..

Now I can either go alone, which is super lame, or not go - watch on twitch and be mad that I wasted money. Lol.

I know that feeling. I bought 5 tickets to the first gfinity event here but I paid £135 upfront for my friends and everyone pulled out but one person so I ended up not getting my £135 back and then only watching it at home.

MayMay

Banned
I know that feeling. I bought 5 tickets to the first gfinity event here but I paid £135 upfront for my friends and everyone pulled out but one person so I ended up not getting my £135 back and then only watching it at home.

Yeah, fuck that. Why would they even go one day and not the other.. lol.

Ah well. I watched the quarterfinals live and had the time of my life (+ met C9) - so I don't really mind watching the second day at home. It sucks, but I just didnt feel like going alone.

At least now I dont have to pay 4,50€ for 0.5 liters of coke. No kidding but I spent 20€ on drinks yesterday to get the equivalent of a big bottle of coke you could get for like 2-3€ in any store lol. Not even funny anymore, you couldnt even take your own drinks.

Couldnt get you a pin btw, first time I tried they were sold out and second time I tried the queue was just too damn long (posted a pic). No way I was getting one. (+ I think every person could only buy one to begin with).

Now.... nV is gonna win this :^)

RedRumy3

Ah well. I watched the quarterfinals live and had the time of my life (+ met C9) - so I don't really mind watching the second day at home. It sucks but I just didnt feel like going alone.

At least now I dont have to pay 4,50€ for 0.5 liters of coke. No kidding but I spent 20€ on drinks yesterday to get the equivalent of a big bottle of coke you could get for like 2-3€ in any store lol. Not even funny anymore, you couldnt even take your own drinks.

Couldnt get you a pin btw, first time I tried they were sold out and second time I tried the queue was just too damn long (posted a pic). No way I was getting one. (+ I think every person could only buy one to begin with)

It was 5 a person and they changed it to 3 a person but I don't know about today if they made it different.

Omega

Banned
thank god people still like mousesports for some reason. opened up a capsule trying to get a fnatic foil and got a mouz instead. sold it for 50 cents profit

MayMay

Banned
It was 5 a person and they changed it to 3 a person but I don't know about today if they made it different.

Ahh, makes sense - yeah. Still - the ppl that actually queued up for hours just to buy pins are crazy. They'll probably resell them to begin with >_>

RedRumy3

Ahh, makes sense - yeah. Still - the ppl that actually queued up for hours just to buy pins are crazy. They'll probably resell them to begin with >_>

First time was 1 hour and 2nd time was 2 hours 3rd time sold out. >.<

oh stickers are 75% off time to go crazy lol.

Ah well. I watched the quarterfinals live and had the time of my life (+ met C9) - so I don't really mind watching the second day at home. It sucks, but I just didnt feel like going alone.

Couldnt get you a pin btw, first time I tried they were sold out and second time I tried the queue was just too damn long (posted a pic). No way I was getting one. (+ I think every person could only buy one to begin with).

Now.... nV is gonna win this :^)

Don't worry honestly! I never expected you to say yes originally haha. The one I was going to was at a cinema so I'm sure drinks and food would have been so expensive.

Ludono

Oh....

bf7d5d186ae423472db7c081a25db9f9.png
00a4ed9d45d4001bbbc9247e31597bf5.png
0e79624bfdb6030e121759d4096a73b9.png
9b59b9869f343aa1d954ec7b6475de86.png

That's was a good tournament. Sure, nv dropped the ball, but you have to remember this nv has been playing together for what? Like a month or two now. Plus Fnatic played great as always.

Starfield

soooo....anyone up for some MM?

edit: Top 3 matches of ESL Colone I would say:

1. NV vs. Na'Vi

2. VP vs. Fnatic

3. Fnatic vs. NV

I accidentally got kicked for team damage today. We stacked drop down on Cobble and my grenade bounced out of drop and attacked 3 of my teammates getting damaged :(. I then threw another grenade after a comeback and accidentally hit another team mate :(. Fuck my life.

I bought a few of those autograph capsules.

Got a olofmeister foil. It was going for $30 yesterday, today $11.

Is it worth hanging on to for a few weeks or will the value just go down?

Omega

Banned
I bought a few of those autograph capsules.

Got a olofmeister foil. It was going for $30 yesterday, today $11.

Is it worth hanging on to for a few weeks or will the value just go down?
There's a finite amount so I would imagine it goes up. Especially since they are unique

Unlike souvenir cases where there's a finite, but 4 tournaments worth of cases that are all the same.

There's a finite amount so I would imagine it goes up. Especially since they are unique

Unlike souvenir cases where there's a finite, but 4 tournaments worth of cases that are all the same.

I actually had no idea these things were worth anything, i just wanted to support the tournament. I was going to use it until i saw the value.

RedRumy3

I was able to grab a cobble case for $20 I should be able to flip it for more in a few weeks hopefully. Bought a bunch of stickers as well.

frbrr

Didn't really feel the same hype this major as the previous ones.

We got to see way less of the players, barely any replays and very dry interviews.
What we got instead was a desk full of people saying "lanxess arena WOW" every 5 minutes

MayMay

Banned
Didn't really feel the same hype this major as the previous ones.

We got to see way less of the players, barely any replays and very dry interviews.
What we got instead was a desk full of people saying "lanxess arena WOW" every 5 minutes

To be fair, it was pretty "wow" in there :p

Not only that, wasn't it on unusually early in the day for a major?

Not really, it was on at the perfect time for Europe. First day it started around 11am CEST and ended at around 11pm CEST (couldve gone way longer if the quarter final games actually had 3 maps instead of just 2) and second day was from like 12am CEST to about 10pm CEST - was on pretty much the whole day both days.

Sure, murica got the shaft here but.. timezones. That's how they work. It's gonna be the same for EU once NA eventually gets their own major lol

udiie

Not only that, wasn't it on unusually early in the day for a major?

id have to be awake pacific time at around 2am to like 10-11am to watch the entire day usually, which resulted in me falling asleep twice lol
it was a little early but im sure diehards woulda been okay

frbrr

To be fair, it was pretty "wow" in there :p
No doubt, I'm sure it was amazing being there in person!

That's nothing new though. Has been the story in these last 3 majors.

This has alwayw been the schedule. Start around noon CEST then go till late night.

Ah ok, In most other games they will run it a little bit later if the event is held in Europe, and early if held in NA, so both audiences can watch most of it.

MayMay

Banned
I wouldve gotten a bronze at least if nV wouldve won - but Fnatic won so I fell short a few points.

I only bought a Fnatic and nV sticker tho so I cant complain, didnt really participate.

Edit: Nowadays I've got everything tho

Wooo stickers lol.

Top Bottom