• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

cHinzo

If Sunderland win I will play

pray for Sunderland

Guess we need 8 more.

cHinzo

yeah gg

seems like some of the angles on nuke are still fucked up

I miss being able to nade open squeeky and smoke off main from lobby. They're gonna improve that map though, no doubt about it. Same happened when Overpass and Cobblestone got released.

baby

you can still nade the door open, im sure theres a way to do it. most of the time you beat the ct to mini anyway

Foxyone

Is there anything that messes up mouse sensitivity in this game? My razer mouse is set to 400 dpi and in game sensitivity is 1.2, but it feels a lot faster than when I used to have higher sensitivity and dpi a while ago.

MayMay

Banned
Is there anything that messes up mouse sensitivity in this game? My razer mouse is set to 400 dpi and in game sensitivity is 1.2, but it feels a lot faster than when I used to have higher sensitivity and dpi a while ago.

Do you have mouse acceleration on? If so - turn that off. Also, what about RawInput? If you have that turned off you might want to try turning it on.

Foxyone

I thought raw input was best off? Acceleration is off too. It's weird tho because I don't think I've touched any settings for a while. I swear the speed is like 2x what it used to be. Fine tune aiming isnt working too well atm : /

MayMay

Banned
It's debatable wether or not RawInput should be on or off, even the pros have different opinions on it.

Id still try turning it on though, to see if that fixes your issue. With RawInput on CS uses your mouse signal directly, without windows or any other software messing with it. So if the issue goes away you'll know that CS is not the problem. And.. well.. if the problem is still there there's something wrong with CS.

Even though I can't think of anything that could be wrong if mouse acceleration is off..

Foxyone

I guess I'll just have to keep fiddling then. I'm sure I'll figure something out. I wanna try playing some comp, so I need my aim to not be so fast that I'm aiming at everything but the target >_<

MayMay

Banned
You could try lowering your in-game sens some more until you feel comfortable again. Even though 1.2 at 400dpi should be low enough, so I'm not sure whats going on with your game.

Blows my mind how ppl can play with a sens that low to begin with, I'm at 1.5 800DPI and that already feels quite low to me haha.

also - it's good that you want to play comp. casual sucks lol

baby

for about 6 months my sensitivity was .7 at 400 with mouse accel. shit was crazy slow

i dont know if this conversation is furry only, but if youre just swiping too far maybe try practicing more instead of changing settings? sometimes a slow sens feels too fast because youve just gotten more used to moving your arm the way its required

MayMay

Banned
.7 at 400 DPI? That sounds disgusting, I can't even imagine that. How many times did you have to lift your mouse to do a 180?

I guess mouse acceleration probably helped with that but still!

Clydefrog

just checked. i'm at 1800 DPI according to the back of my mouse and 0.8 sensitivity according to CS:GO.

large mouse movements be damned. it's all in the wrist.

Foxyone

My friend was shocked that I used to play at 800 dpi with 6.0 sensitivity. I thought that was low for a while tbh. I've been trying to adapt to low sensitivity so I can actually aim easily enough at heads without over shooting. I think it was slow enough (before getting messed up) that a full swipe did a 180 or a bit less. I figured that Inc Casual or comp I'd generally be able to keep the enemy in front of me anyway.

Buy me one too while you're at it

e6e2f955f7b3114935c9423a838100e6.png
Hopefully if my bets for Katowice today are good I'll be able to buy my D-Lore without any regrets! :D

Fnatic > Na'Vi
NiP > Mous
Na'Vi > LG
Mous > Mongol
Fnatic > LG
NiP > Mongol
NiP > Fnatic
Na'Vi > Mous
LG > Mongol
NiP > NA'Vi
LG > Mous
Mongols > Fnatic (lmao 7% might as well drop in a small bet)
Na'Vi > Mongol
NiP > Luminsoity
Fnatic > Mous

baby

.7 at 400 DPI? That sounds disgusting, I can't even imagine that. How many times did you have to lift your mouse to do a 180?

I guess mouse acceleration probably helped with that but still!

it was about 1 swipe was around or less than 90 degrees iirc, maybe a little less. it was just 1.02 mouse accel so it wasnt a huge amount. i had a qck+ at the time because i had a decent sized desk.

switching to a small artisan pad was the reason i had to up it, but now im way up at 2.5 at 400

Top Bottom