• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

baby

I hear the APCs called out as vans in NA. Oh well, I guess Optimus makes sense when not everyone speaks English natively.

apc is way longer than van when you actually say it, and distinguishes it from a truck

calls are about functionality, not about naming the equivalent in the real world

cough cough you shouldnt mind tho these only matter to people who listen to calls cough cough

impact

Banned
EU does have dumb calls

"slope" instead of ramp makes me giggle every time, especially with one of those little boy french or belgish accents

I really hate when people call things by Pro Players, just because it makes the assumption that everyone knows where "HE'S NBK!" is.

"HE'S F0REST! HE'S GET_RIGHT! HE'S SHROUD"

tootsi666

Half of Finnish mirage callouts are just pro names

There is fRoD, aslak, BASiC, f0rest, Gux, Edward, GeT_RiGhT and probably couple more that I just can't remember

kbM619n.png

NIP getting revenge on Na'Vi for Cluj-Napocca.

Astralis needs to over come the odds.

Team Liquid got lucky as fuck.

Luminosity easy.

So... the thing is... can Astralis overcome BOTH of the ghosts in the back of their heads. They need to beat both NiP and Fnatic to reach the finals... I don't think Astralis has it in them.

NiP > Na'Vi
... Fnatic > Astralis

Team Liquid > Gambit
Luminosity > VP

NiP > Fnatic
Luminosity > VP

NiP > Luminosity

Ludono

Ludono what am I doing wrong. :(

4F7FC4C83949979A8BC1D3BB965E7A2EF2605C0B

394A9CB4E278529D2CCD54EEAE0B910EA31F37C9

Easy, you didn't put NiKo as Commando or Clutch King. EZ points.

Also throw Guardian on AWPer since EZ points (except for today since it's a bye day)

The other players just a mix of whatever players you have left, I picked Flusha, Dennis and rain today (with ChrisJ as AWP)

rugioh

Banned
5 rounds in and chrisJ already slamming his mouse like a child

He better drop that shit and get buckled in cause there is a lot of CS left to be played and I CANT FUCK UP THESE 5PT PICKS SO GET IT TOGETHER

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Makes total sense to pick Cbble over D2 after that flawless showing yesterday.

JDB

Banned
5 rounds in and chrisJ already slamming his mouse like a child

He better drop that shit and get buckled in cause there is a lot of CS left to be played and I CANT FUCK UP THESE 5PT PICKS SO GET IT TOGETHER

Why did you pick a team that went to 5 OTs against FlipSid3?

I mean yeah NiP has THREAT but mouz has denis and Spiidi. nex never shows up either

JDB

Banned
They picked cbble becauce NiP has only played it once in the past. It makes some sense.

It makes no sense if that's the reasoning. They just gave them a fresh demo of a 5 OT game but they have nothing on them.

Every other team this tournament has instantly banned a map they got rekt on. No point in playing a map you got exposed on, even less of a reason when you don't know how the other team is on it.

tootsi666

It makes no sense if that's the reasoning. They just gave them a fresh demo of a 5 OT game but they have nothing on them.
It makes sense because they thought NiP doesn't know how to play cbble. They played straight into NiP's hands. We now know that NiP knows how to play cbble, but mouz didn't know that.

baby

Every other team this tournament has instantly banned a map they got rekt on. No point in playing a map you got exposed on, even less of a reason when you don't know how the other team is on it.

teams dont end up not playing maps by chance. nip doesnt play cbble, therefore they are avoiding cbble

NiP knows how to play every map. They're fucking straight gods on everything. They only didn't know how to play Overpass but now with ThreaT they're like, fuck it lets learn it.

JDB

Banned
WoACcU3.png

mousesports on cbble recently.

So they're not even good the map themselves but praying the other team is worse on it? Also hoping that NiP would just not watch their fresh 5OT demo

Sounds like great decisions in a $1,000,000 major.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I kept going back and forth on my bet, and I've been watching the game thinking I settled for going with my heart and putting it on NIP. Turns out I actually put it on Mouz, I feel empty inside. Go Mouz? :(

baby

WoACcU3.png

mousesports on cbble recently.

So they're not even good the map themselves but praying the other team is worse on it? Also hoping that NiP would just not watch their fresh 5OT demo

Sounds like great decisions in a $1,000,000 major.

yea dude its really ridiculous to assume that nip might not spend their 1 day of prep to try and anti strat you on a map on the off chance you pick it

you forget that these guys have to prepare for every single map save 2 that they choose to ban and they had less than a day to even know who they were gonna be up against

Top Bottom