• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

On a side note, while obviously different genres your SOCOM skills should transfer over pretty well to CS. If I was in Europe I'd play with you because anyone that played SOCOM is good person in my book.

Thanks. It's about the closest thing we got on consoles to a strategical, competitive shooter. Also the whole switching from controller to Mouse and Keyboard controls is quite a challenge. But I'm doing it in baby steps. Don't overwhlem myself with too many buttons. Just all the critical ones and work it up till I get comfortable with them all and it becomes automatic.

Omega

Banned
Thanks. It's about the closest thing we got on consoles to a strategical, competitive shooter. Also the whole switching from controller to Mouse and Keyboard controls is quite a challenge. But I'm doing it in baby steps. Don't overwhlem myself with too many buttons. Just all the critical ones and work it up till I get comfortable with them all and it becomes automatic.

yep, shame Sony doesn't give a damn about the franchise. I stopped playing after the Cold Front DLC ruined Confrontation, which already wasn't even that good to begin with.

took me awhile to get used to kb/m after playing only consoles for 20 years or so

Sajjaja

we needed two ibuypower avatars in here
that's not your favourite steel tho
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKWAAAAJDgxMzk3MWUzLTFjOWYtNGUwZS04MTg0LWUyOTFkYjZmNjg0YQ.jpg

Mokoi

Banned
i like the font but bruh you can't see my name crowns. I worked hard copy and pasting those into my name. Pls change to something that show the crowns.

Looking at the reception to Dota Source 2 I hope the CS community tempers their expectations regarding a port. Can't imagine the reactions if a future port launches in the same state as that.

tootsi666

I don't get the faceit hate. Average game I get in EU faceit is pretty similar to average game in SMFC MM except with correct bomb timers.

Omega

Banned
I don't get the faceit hate. Average game I get in EU faceit is pretty similar to average game in SMFC MM except with correct bomb timers.

EU Faceit is probably a way better experience than NA faceit.

Anyone good is 99% likely to be on ESEA. Then CEVO is next since it's free and then Faceit. I've rarely seen a top player in EU play ESEA/CEVO so faceit seems to be the go to service.

Ludono

Hey a little bit of cross promotion but a gaming site I'm a mod/writer on is running a blogging contest in which the writer of the best blog get's $10 (Paypal, Steam, PSN whatever you want). So far there's only one entry, so your chances are pretty good.

Check it out here :)

Also off topic but who here is down for some Killing Floor 2 tonight? :D

spootime

NA is absolutely embarrassing.

#FreeSteel
#FreeDazed
#FreeSwag
#FreeAZK

NA is looking better and better. The fact that CLG / Liquid / LG can all trade close games off each other is great - NA will start to share some of the advantage of european teams in that they have high tier practice partners to try strats on. I'll be interested in how liquid and clg stack up to c9 now - we havent seen them play in a while.

Seeing swag and dazed unbanned would be cool. I guess we'll see in january.

NA is looking better and better. The fact that CLG / Liquid / LG can all trade close games off each other is great - NA will start to share some of the advantage of european teams in that they have high tier practice partners to try strats on. I'll be interested in how liquid and clg stack up to c9 now - we havent seen them play in a while.

Liquid looks pretty good, but CLG is terrible right now.

Overdoziz

Banned
bwhahaha

Valkrai

Liquid looks pretty good, but CLG is terrible right now.

Pretty much. I didn't expect much for Liquid aside from Hiko carrying them to winning but since they got rid of flowsick, it's been a pleasant surprise.

It'll take a few years and shuffles before I expect more teams in NA to be able to rival EU teams nonetheless T1 or T2 EU teams.

Omega

Banned

Quite the optimistic view.

I on the other hand see no hope for NA/Brazil when Luminosity barely makes it past Conquest and CLG (who is supposed to be the second best NA team) actually loses to Conquest.

It's not like these series were close because everyone was on their A game, it was close because teams just threw rounds away.

impact

Banned

We live in America.

Our options are to pay for ESEA or to play MM and hate ourselves with one hour bomb timer on 64 tick servers. Can we get a Valve appreciation thread?

MayMay

Banned
So that's why there's so many russians on our servers, they're all spilling over cuz the EU East one is full all the time.

Top Bottom