• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Clydefrog

i only lose when i play with gaf arte
clive

LmPAJJ5.gif

MayMay

Banned
Some good games with Moko and the guys last night, even though it all went to shit in the second game when someone got banned for tking on round start by accident and we dropped a huge t side mirage lead and lost.

Still had a gud time tho lol

MayMay

Banned
I got a 3k (maybe 4k can't remember) with a bizon against armored ppl retaking a site yesterday, best yolo gun.

Did not buy it tho - the bot did.

Omega

Banned
the 3 man defuse from Conquest.

Neither team wants to win. Why watch apts? The more people going for the defuse the faster it goes obviously

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Man it's so weird coming back to this game after 7 weeks of not playing. Everything feels wrong from the way I sit to how I hold and move my mouse. My spray control right now also leaves a lot to be desired.
Crazy thing is, I still topfrag at Surpreme.

Omega

Banned
Anyone seen Conquest vs. LG?

How did CQ play?

I think the series was close more because LG were terrible and less of Conquest playing good.

No, they are not capable of beating CLG or Liquid. 4 Burn Em All stickers won't even help them win

What's up fellas. I finally made the switch from console gaming to PC gaming by getting a new rig last week. I played exclusively on the Playstation for 3 generations and my go to games by far, and I'm talking light years distance to my other games, were the Socom games. I was so into it, that during the Socom 3/CA days I became one of the best players in Europe and got the 2nd place in the doubles ladder with a friend of mine.

Anyway, since there still hasn't been a Socom on the PS4, nor do I see an announcement coming any time soon, I decided I've waited long enough and wanted a new challenge. No PS4 but a new PC. Fuck you, Sony.

I've been itching to get back into the competitive, tactical shooter genre after a 2+ year long hiatus since it took up almost a decade of my life with Socom. So the logical go-to game is Counter Strike.
Started playing it this weekend for a very first time, ever. I've been reading up on tips/tricks, watching videos, and all that.

I realize it's gonna take an immensely long time to get good at this game with the gigantically steep learning curve. This is definitely a couple of levels higher than Socom and bragging rights there don't mean shit here. The big problem is, I got nobody to play with. That's the issue with sticking to 1 console series for several generations, I guess. I lost touch with quite a few people from PS2 to PS3 and now lost touch with everyone from the last Socom to now the PS4. Almost everyone moved on, some of them to the PS4. Quite the contrast from going to full friends lists on the Playstation to literally 0 on Steam lol.

I was hoping if I could play with some Gaffers who don't mind hitting me up at Casual games right now and later help me out a bit in competitive, so I can try to diminish the decade long experience gap I got on many, many players. I joined the CS Gaf groups on Steam, same name. (and it's not as fun playing by yourself with a bunch of Russians and some kids).

In the process of getting a better mouse and headset, but yes, this looks definitely my kind of game. Shame I didn't start playing this earlier.

Thanks!

cHinzo

^it's smart to also state in which region you're playing. :d

I get the FACEIT hate now, 3 rage quitters and a toxic Russian led to a lovely game on cache coupled with a pretty sketchy guy on the other side carrying his team.
U were playing on FaceIt. U could have just quit the game like everyone else in ur team.
Kappa

Top Bottom