• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

impact

Banned
new animations are nice, I feel like the reg makes a lot more sense now and I seem to be hitting more shots despite shit fps.

tootsi666

First impressions with the new M4A1-S: it's even more a lasergun than before but dps is so low I think it won't be used. The ultimate Gold Nova gun, very easy to get one kill by just spraying to stomach area.

So I've been playing this game with a $10 mouse from a local store's sale bin. Reading through countless Googles searches, it's kind of a big deal to have a good mouse to play this game, right?

Now, I've seen those SS Rival and Deathadder names being thrown around a lot and started thinking if I should pick one up as well. I mean I gotta get a new mouse anyway, so should I just go for one of those or is the difference negligible compared to just a really good every day kind of mouse for half the price?

rugioh

Banned
So I've been playing this game with a $10 mouse from a local store's sale bin. Reading through countless Googles searches, it's kind of a big deal to have a good mouse to play this game, right?

Now, I've seen those SS Rival and Deathadder names being thrown around a lot and started thinking if I should pick one up as well. I mean I gotta get a new mouse anyway, so should I just go for one of those or is the difference negligible compared to just a really good every day kind of mouse for half the price?

Get Zowie or Logitech.

I wonder with these new animations, does that mean pistol ADADing will be less random? I'll have to try and DM after work and see if it got any better, but so far while the animations running/walking look REALLY wierd the registry on them has been really good

It should still be pretty random, just easier to kill people since regs are better. In game movements are the same, just the animations look different from a third perspective.

Jenenser

im back bitches!

finaly new internet, finaly more down and upload.
finaly i can take part in mokos weekly sanddune giveaway. <3

and whta do i read about the update? better hitboces? :>
but a nerfed m4? :<

Ludono

im back bitches!

finaly new internet, finaly more down and upload.
finaly i can take part in mokos weekly sanddune giveaway. <3

and whta do i read about the update? better hitboces? :>
but a nerfed m4? :<

A1 is nerfed mainly at close range / spraying, but at longe range its still as good as before more or less I think?

A4 a much more attractive option now however.

WORTH IT for these new hitboxes though :D

The_Poet

Banned
Thanks for your input. But could you tell me which one specific and why I should pick them over the other ones?

Its really all personal preference and consumer loyalty when it comes to mice.

Anything you get will be leagues ahead of your current one, I personally like Razer mice.

The factors for you would be whether you want ergonomic / symetrical / light / heavy etc.

Hip Hop

Bar none, the best I've ever owned and highly recommended mouse from a lot of people. It has one of the best sensors out.
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...ChMIlZaIofT7xwIVSDeICh1BuAp2&biw=1184&bih=598

udiie

Yeah another +1 to the g502
Been really liking it lately, and aside from the first initial games getting used to it, I think I've been playing a whole lot better with a reliable mouse

Omega

Banned

impact went from global elite to global elite after getting the Zowie EC1-A

BestBuy usually has them on display so see how they feel. I think the 502 feels like shit so I didn't get it, and while it may be a great mouse, comfortability is just as important.

T.O.P

Banned
I got a SS Rival and i couldn't be happier to be honest, fantastic mouse all around, and yeah, the difference is almost immediate (at least for me)

BTW my mini map is gone after the update :(

Omega

Banned
I'm still gonna stick with the a1 for now. People seem to never know where they're getting shot from by the a1 so it still has that advantage over the a4.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

Yeah you should get a new mouse, the difference between a proper gaming mouse and a 10$ mouse is quite big. Now what you want out of your mouse are 2 things.
1) it should have a flawless optical sensor and 2) it should suit your grip style.
http://bestgamingmousecentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/grip-styles.png
The rival and deathadder are both meant for people who palm grip their mouse

But I would definitely recommend a Zowie mouse like the others said.
http://geizhals.de/?cat=mouse&xf=1040_Zowie#xf_top
The FK series is for claw grip users, ECA for palm grippers and ZA for a mix of both I think.
The numbers indicate the size, the higher the number the smaller the mouse. FK2 is smaller than FK1 etc.

Also get a nice, big mousepad. The Steelseries qck+ is perfect

And just as general tips for the game:
1) After you get a big mousepad, try to get adjusted to a low sensitivity (I don't know what your sensitivity is but new players tend to play on ridiculiously high sensitivties). You should use a sensitivity in the range of 1.5-4 at 400 dpi. Try to go as low as possible tho until you don't feel comfortable anymore. Most pros use around 1.8-2.5 sens at 400 dpi. Also turn off mouse accel and turn rawinput on (http://www.tobyscs.com/optimal-mouse-settings-csgo/)
2) Try to watch as many tutorials as possible. I can recommend Adren, n0thing and for the newcomers warowl. Especially on things like crosshair placement (very important), movement, grenade use etc.
3) Talking about grenades. There are 3 different ways to throw a grenade ( Actually 5 but let's stick with 3 because it's easier to explain). Left click for long throw, right click for close throw and left and right click for a medium throw.
4) After playing a game of Matchmaking, add the nice guys to your friendlist and try to get a group of friendly people you can always play with. Playing solo sucks and you'll improve faster when you can play with proper teammates.
5) Also just watch streams of the pro players and try to pick some of the things up

welly_59

Neo Member
What are the majority of you guys using for a rifle after this patch?

I've never used m4 or ak as I miss the sights so usually go for the Aug or similar

haveheart

Banned
Yeah you should get a new mouse, the difference between a proper gaming mouse and a 10$ mouse is quite big. Now what you want out of your mouse are 2 things.
1) it should have a flawless optical sensor and 2) it should suit your grip style.
http://bestgamingmousecentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/grip-styles.png
The rival and deathadder are both meant for people who palm grip their mouse

But I would definitely recommend a Zowie mouse like the others said.
http://geizhals.de/?cat=mouse&xf=1040_Zowie#xf_top
The FK series is for claw grip users, ECA for palm grippers and ZA for a mix of both I think.
The numbers indicate the size, the higher the number the smaller the mouse. FK2 is smaller than FK1 etc.

Also get a nice, big mousepad. The Steelseries qck+ is perfect

Got a Zowie ZA11. Best mouse I ever had, can definitely recommend!

I've never used m4 or ak as I miss the sights so usually go for the Aug or similar

Try to get into the m4/ak, there's basically no other choice in CS.

Hip Hop

Pretty much replaced the M4A1-S with the M4A4 a while back, so I've been used to that for a bit and the patch didn't really change things for me.

Omega

Banned
AUG and SG are looked at as noob weapons but hey, use what you want. AUG/SG have the benefit of not having dmg reduction vs armor and I believe both have one shot kill potential (maybe the AUG is two hits)

They're still good guns that just have a negative perception because of the scopes which are meant to cater to the people that wanted iron sights in CS for some reason

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Apparently the armor pen nerf is bugged and didn't go through, so the m4a1s still feels pretty good imo. Hope they just leave it as is and so don't actually go through with the armor pen nerf; if they do, I think the gun truly dies as it will be the de facto worse long range and short range option.

I'm still gonna stick with the a1 for now. People seem to never know where they're getting shot from by the a1 so it still has that advantage over the a4.

Right but where as before I would scoff when I rarely picked up an enemy/teammate's a4 and look for the nearest fence to throw it over in favor of my pistol - now I'm going to be forced to use it as so many people will now be dropping it and my a1 will invariably run out of ammo.

And then if the armor pene nerf goes through.. gg no re a1.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh... Guess my stat track M4 Hyper Beast is gonna be worthless now. When do the new cases come out? Might have to sell now.

impact

Banned

LMAO what game do you play? Or has MM just fallen that far down the shitter?

Everyone I know switched to A4, all the pros I've seen stream since have switched too

Thanks for your input. But could you tell me which one specific and why I should pick them over the other ones?

You should buy Zowie, fuck Logitech. Look for one that suits you as they've got a lot of different mice.

Omega

Banned
LMAO what game do you play? Or has MM just fallen that far down the shitter?

too

either that or its just no communication. there's times i've come up from behind an enemy and killed like 1 or 2 guys, and still no one even looks in my direction.

MayMay

Banned
Logitech G502 is a piece of shit. If you use the mousewheel alot prepare for it to break after a few months and then randomly start making you jump / switch weapons constantly.

I'm not the only one with that problem either, lots of mousewheel complaints.

impact

Banned
either that or its just no communication. there's times i've come up from behind an enemy and killed like 1 or 2 guys, and still no one even looks in my direction.

this is why you're never gonna get better playing brainless kids in MM

I feel like in ESEA if you don't one shot then you're gonna get one shotted. GOTTA BE QUICK NIGGA

Omega

Banned

I feel like in ESEA if you don't one shot then you're gonna get one shotted. GOTTA BE QUICK NIGGA

i've actually considered getting esea but then i remember lpkane is a piece of shit so its hard for me to finally just do it

i'll get it eventually as i'll reach a point where i'm tired of not improving. its been like a month and i feel like I'm the same skill level so im getting close to that point

udiie

lebron-sad-face.jpg
also, mayhem trying to bhop, aka why he broke his scroll wheel

impact

Banned
i've actually considered getting esea but then i remember lpkane is a piece of shit so its hard for me to finally just do it

i'll get it eventually as i'll reach a point where i'm tired of not improving. its been like a month and i feel like I'm the same skill level so im getting close to that point

I've yet to meet one person that doesn't think he's a piece of shit

It's just that Valve are bigger pieces of shit. Say what you will about the costs of upgrading servers to 128 tick or "bububu mah privacy" but these clueless niggas can't even change mp_bombtimer to 35 seconds instead of 45 seconds in a mode called competitive. But at least they changed the Zeus price, right?

Mokoi

Banned

Bruh I feel like I've been the same skills level for a while now.
Best of the best skill level.

Top Bottom