• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
don't really post here much since i'm usually in amiibo section but.. m4a1 isn't that bad people are overreacting.

It's worse now after their hotfix a few hours ago. Armor penetration nerf is now working properly - which makes it way way worse.

Crono27

i just played few games in global mm and esea.. while its not amazing like before. It really isnt that bad. I still prefer it over m4a4

Hey there guys, just purchased CS:GO and just wondering if there are some quick pro-tips about the economy, skins, trading cards, etc, that I should know before I play. I've played CS a long time ago so I don't need actual game tips, but more so knowledge about the surrounding systems of the game. Any help is appreciated.

Jenenser

Hey there guys, just purchased CS:GO and just wondering if there are some quick pro-tips about the economy, skins, trading cards, etc, that I should know before I play. I've played CS a long time ago so I don't need actual game tips, but more so knowledge about the surrounding systems of the game. Any help is appreciated.

dont get the pass, its useless now, but if you get one when they come out, they pay for themself. (if you count steammoney as real money ofc)
other than that, don't open cases. (only if you dont care for the money you invest you will pull mostly 10 cent skins.) if you really want an item, get it directly from the market.
when a new case comes out, sell it. the first days they can get you good money.

other than that, the m4a4 econemy is fucked right now because of the nerf.
for example the cyrex factory new was worth 40€, now after the nerf it gone down to 30€.

anything else you want to know? because theres a shitton to talk about. ^_^

oh, important!
don't use stickers. as soon as they are on a weapon, they become worthless. no one pays extra for a gun with normal stickers (there are exceptions ofc)

cresto

How are you guys liking the updated hitboxes? Im still using the A1. I think the lower fire rate makes HS's easier, but getting rushed by 3+ terrorists? Forgettaboutit.

rugioh

Banned
How are you guys liking the updated hitboxes? Im still using the A1. I think the lower fire rate makes HS's easier, but getting rushed by 3+ terrorists? Forgettaboutit.

I like the new hitboxes a lot. The animations look very janky like source did with the spaghetti legs, but the registry is quite good. I'm not mad at this patch since it gives me a reason to use the Bullet Rain I always loved the look of it FN

haveheart

Banned
M4A1 is way easier to control with that fire rate. But it feels so weird. At first I thought the game was lagging when I sprayed.

Defuse animation is terrible. It looks ridiculous... Has anyone been in a situation where this helped Ts to spot the defuser etc?

Hitboxes are great, hitting people when they jump in the air seems to be a way easier now. The A1 is still a laser gun, but it could become a liability in small sites now. I'm probably going to stick with it for a bit.

udiie

yeah when I actually played against dudes with much better aim than me, I got real dodgy on the A1. I'm shit with the A4 though, so idk what I'm gonna do.

Fuck selling my Hot Rod. I forgot I had this skin. I'll just use this, looks nice.

3062850BF0A94057E853AACD046AD550CF1C5050

Clydefrog

Tried switching to the A4 last night. I got one clutch with it but blew chunks the rest of the time. I might go back to the A1 if people say it's still a laser gun.

The new animations will take some time to get used to. The bomb defusal tentacles are fucking ridiculous.

tootsi666

Getting rekt by sub-100 hour accounts and private profiles, named "Putin best", "JEWHUNTER" or something similar, who have perfect gamesense is fucking amazing. FUCK, I'm angry right now.

Why do I even play mm

Edit. On another note, bigger head hitbox made deagle really easy to use. Even I can Juan Deag now!

Got to rank 3 after a couple of days and played my very first competitive match just now. Damn that was fun except for the guy who's doing the strategy.

Telling me and another dude to go long A, then saying the T's are all at B while we're watching the long doors. We instantly sprint over to B and then he's bitching at us that we were too slow to help him.

The game itself was awesome though, definitely missed that since my old Socom clanwars days.

Tried switching to the A4 last night. I got one clutch with it but blew chunks the rest of the time. I might go back to the A1 if people say it's still a laser gun.

The new animations will take some time to get used to. The bomb defusal tentacles are fucking ridiculous.

It's just like one of my Japanese animes.

udiie

Do you guys ever arrange matches? Basically I'm sick of playing against people in MM who are afk or just plain suck
We used to do gaf matches but they were a logistical nightmare occasionally so they've stopped mostly. I do miss trying out other maps though.

MayMay

Banned
We used to do gaf matches but they were a logistical nightmare occasionally so they've stopped mostly. I do miss trying out other maps though.

Me too, but there's way more people that hated it.

"This map sucks" "this is boring" "shit map" etc. etc. making it a horrible experience to play on them in Gaf games lol

udiie

Here's my message to those people, don't come play with people who specifically wanna have some fun and try new shit out. People who do things for the sake of doing things are obviously not going to enjoy themselves.
I do really appreciate the ones who paid good money to have those servers up and running

Me and my group have wanted to fuck around with 10 mans and stuff like that now we have 6/7 people in our list. I might grab another server soon, not sure though cause the other one was used for like a week then was a ghost town, also I want a EU server. Fuck you americans.

welly_59

Neo Member
one thing that really grips my **** is players on competitive who do not communicate. Just played a game, losing 12-3 at half time because no one was talking. Somehow everyone decided second half would be a good time to work together and we ended up winning 12-16

Ludono

I DEVELOPED A HOTFIX FOR MY PROBLEM. Whenever I disconnect and can't reconnect, I switch from my ethernet cable to my wifi and it works again :D

Ludono

Me too, but there's way more people that hated it.

"This map sucks" "this is boring" "shit map" etc. etc. making it a horrible experience to play on them in Gaf games lol

Yeah, like I play to win but I love playing new maps, playing Dust2 over and over DOES get boring eventually!

Mokoi

Banned
Me and my group have wanted to fuck around with 10 mans and stuff like that now we have 6/7 people in our list. I might grab another server soon, not sure though cause the other one was used for like a week then was a ghost town, also I want a EU server. Fuck you americans.
Wait you still got that one? Bruh give me admin I fill it up.

Blizzard

Banned
The game seems buggy even aside from performance issues for me now.

Even when getting 150-200 frames per second and using fps_max to limit it to something lower like 125 for smoothness, it FEELS stuttery when strafing or running around occasionally.

I had a crash to desktop today. I can't even remember that happening in the last month or two before the patch.

I had two different games today where the minimap was invisible and apparently I have to restart CSGO to fix it. Last night I was on a map (Agency?) where I kept seeing weird blue/green textures under the edges of walls. I'm hoping that's not a videocard issue and just a game glitch.

Once or twice, I've seen the ground strobing like someone is firing a weapon on top of it, when no one is around.

Top Bottom