• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Lourio

Lol yea, those games with people not knowing what to do was extremely frustrating. But a full group playing their roles accordingly made the game really fun.

curlycare

Finally something worthwhile from a case, also first shadow case I opened!:
73BA876C632A564100835D4BF73CBE0AF97950C5

Omega

Banned
Just saw HellRaisers got a new roster.

-Adren
-mou

+STYKO
+oskar

adren has been playing pretty decent as of late

not sure how Ange1 and kucher still are on the team. almost as mindblowing as LeX still getting sponsorships

Valkrai

Just saw HellRaisers got a new roster.

-Adren
-mou

+STYKO
+oskar

adren has been playing pretty decent as of late

not sure how Ange1 and kucher still are on the team. almost as mindblowing as LeX still getting sponsorships

Why would they keep kUcheR on the team? Also lol that s1mple is still being kept as a "stand-in".

Omega

Banned
so i was thinking about this earlier, and while it always confused me, it confuses me even more now that you can't buy more than 3 of the same weapon to spam in warmup.

Why can you buy a glock/p2k/usp?

cHinzo

so i was thinking about this earlier, and while it always confused me, it confuses me even more now that you can't buy more than 3 of the same weapon to spam in warmup.

Why can you buy a glock/p2k/usp?

If a teammate has a p2k equiped, but forgot to change to a USP, u can drop one extra for him. :D

Derankers are stupid btw.

Omega

Banned
If a teammate has a p2k equiped, but forgot to change to a USP, u can drop one extra for him. :D

Derankers are stupid btw.

seems like a gigantic waste of money for a random pistol round.

also werent you deranking a few months ago
nevermind that you still throw

cHinzo

seems like a gigantic waste of money for a random pistol round.

also werent you deranking a few months ago
nevermind that you still throw

At least I topfragged for my team while losing so they couldn't blame me for the loss lol. Those guys were just anoying, sitting with 16k in their pocket bottom fragging and not doing shit.

I like to win though. :">

Valkrai

This is a dumb question but what exactly makes you rank up? Is it winning streaks?

misc-shopkeep.gif
us doodoo people need more money

It's all about winning but it's mostly about your performance as well as if your team wins. If you're the top on your team you'll have a bigger chance of ranking up as well as winning streaks.

I need that knife money too :D

MayMay

Banned
Yeah, just.. don't lose.

There's a few special cases that make a slight difference, like for example if you play with a bot. If you play with a bot and win a round, you get more elo than usual. And if you play with a bot and lose a round the loss is not weighted as heavily.

So if you play and someone abandons and you lose, it's not as bad for your rank as when you'd lose with a full team.

If you're on the edge of ranking up, you can also rank up on ties. I'm not sure if you can derank on ties though - never seen that.

Edit: At least I THINK that's how it works, we don't have any hard facts so might as well be wrong.

baby

Yeah, just.. don't lose. It's calculated on a round to round basis.

There's a few special cases that make a slight difference, like for example if you play with a bot. If you play with a bot and win a round, you get more elo than usual. And if you play with a bot and lose a round the loss is not weighted as heavily.

So if you play and someone abandons and you lose, it's not as bad for your rank as when you'd lose with a full team.

If you're on the edge of ranking up, you can also rank up on ties. I'm not sure if you can derank on ties though - never seen that.

no offense mayhem but thats a load of bullshit

valve wont tell us how the rank up system works. theres no more than anecdotal evidence to explain it, so just play and win to try and rank up. itll just happen eventually if you keep winning.

MayMay

Banned
no offense mayhem but thats a load of bullshit

valve wont tell us how the rank up system works. theres no more than anecdotal evidence to explain it, so just play and win to try and rank up. itll just happen eventually if you keep winning.

I should've probably put a disclaimer up that it's a theory (more or less since we dont know any hard facts), a pretty convincing one to me tho

Omega

Banned
people don't seriously think they even have a 1% chance right?

knife is going to ericksakti or maybe dave is ok. they win everything

MayMay

Banned
7bb05e017b.png

can't make this shit up ahaha

that's what I get for googling some ranking related stuff.

"Hey, yenno, I got Silver 2 without even playing competitive bro" "whoaaaaa :O"

Divius

I am actually quite interested what ranks people got when they got ranked after 10 wins and where they are now... let's have it boys!

I started out as a Gold Nova 4, hung around between GN4 and MGE for a while and am now a LE. I am not actually trying to rank up or anything though.

Valkrai

I am actually quite interested what ranks people got when they got ranked after 10 wins and where they are now... let's have it boys!

I started out as a Gold Nova 4, hung around between GN4 and MGE for a while and am now a LE. I am not actually trying to rank up or anything though.

I started really low in June as a Silver 4 since I didn't really play comp or the game. Now I'm MGE lurking around the DMG border.

Top Bottom