• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Ludono

Is it actually worth this much or is this guy just being a douche

fa34ff789c7d16d1e31915450dac5a39.png

baby

i doubt it, but even if it is by value i dont think thats a worthwhile trade anyway. 6:1 is fucked up- if the value drops for that 1 skin you lose a ton. dont do it imo

Omega

Banned

lmao no its not worth that much unless he has the only m9 marble fade thats full red or full blue (which isnt even possible)

also kind of hilarious. me and baby were talking about this last night, everyone wants the ridiculous overpay or they offer ridiculous lowballs. counter offer that piece of shit and offer him like a cologne 2014 sticker for his knife

Howl - at least 150k, it's not even on the market.
Golden Coil - being extremely generous for him, 70k

Marble Fades go for like 225k max and thats if they're optimal (meaning most red possible + minimal scratching)

ChrisW

I am actually quite interested what ranks people got when they got ranked after 10 wins and where they are now... let's have it boys!

I started out as a Gold Nova 4, hung around between GN4 and MGE for a while and am now a LE. I am not actually trying to rank up or anything though.
I started out at Silver 3 and now I'm DMG, CSGO was the first game I'd really played often on my PC, I was a console man before CSGO, so I had no mouse and keyboard experience

Shane

I am actually quite interested what ranks people got when they got ranked after 10 wins and where they are now... let's have it boys!

I started out as a Gold Nova 4, hung around between GN4 and MGE for a while and am now a LE. I am not actually trying to rank up or anything though.

Started playing around New Year. After a few months of Casual started (solo) on Comp. Ended up GN1. Now DMG. Aiming for LE.

tootsi666

Never played my own placement matches. My brother used to play CSGO on my account so my account was already MGE when I started playing. I dropped to MG1 and then ranked to DMG in the first 200 hours. I hit SMFC after 400 hours and I've been there for the last 200 hours or so.

Silver 2 now LE. I can't believe how long it took me to get out of Silver.

baby

lmao no its not worth that much unless he has the only m9 marble fade thats full red or full blue (which isnt even possible)

also kind of hilarious. me and baby were talking about this last night, everyone wants the ridiculous overpay or they offer ridiculous lowballs. counter offer that piece of shit and offer him like a cologne 2014 sticker for his knife

Marble Fades go for like 225k max and thats if they're optimal (meaning most red possible + minimal scratching)

holy shit that was last night already its morning

In pistol rounds I still suck with them for the most part, but other rounds I do just fine with them.

I can only use the P250 and sometimes get lucky with the 5-7.

I started playing CSGO in mid 2013 I believe.

seriously just got out of silver this year.

I started playing around the same time, although I have had the game since launch. I got GN1 in February or something. Since then I have been up ranking at a steady pace.

mbmonk

I have a question about an Operation Breakout case. I just got one and the sale value is 3 cents. Thus I would earn 1 cent if I sold it. But the key to open the case costs $2.49. I am not going to buy a key with real cash and I only have 22 cents in valve bucks.

Any suggestions? Should I just sit on it for awhile? Selling it for 1 cent seems pointless.

Thank you. :)

udiie

I have a question about an Operation Breakout case. I just got one and the sale value is 3 cents. Thus I would earn 1 cent if I sold it. But the key to open the case costs $2.49. I am not going to buy a key with real cash and I only have 22 cents in valve bucks.

Any suggestions? Should I just sit on it for awhile? Selling it for 1 cent seems pointless.

sell it for 1 cent, max that will hit is like 5 cents in 84 years

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there a problem with CS:GO and steam family sharing? My son wanted to play on his account, but it didn't seem to let him online. I have steam open in the system tray but I'm not playing anything.

Also, might be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare code they need to sell? It'd be simpler for him to have his own copy anyway I guess, but it isn't discounted at the moment

mbmonk

sell it for 1 cent, max that will hit is like 5 cents in 84 years

That is almost a 100% increase. I tend to be a buy & hold investor.. I think I will wait it out!

Just kidding. Thanks for the advice. I'm selling this amazing drop =P

Thanks again.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

I just dumped all my Vanguard cases because they shot up to 10-12 cents for some reason

Lunaniem

is there a problem with CS:GO and steam family sharing? My son wanted to play on his account, but it didn't seem to let him online. I have steam open in the system tray but I'm not playing anything.

Also, might be a long shot, but does anyone have a spare code they need to sell? It'd be simpler for him to have his own copy anyway I guess, but it isn't discounted at the moment

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9732-RYUI-2823

Ludono

i doubt it, but even if it is by value i dont think thats a worthwhile trade anyway. 6:1 is fucked up- if the value drops for that 1 skin you lose a ton. dont do it imo

Yeah I wasn't planning on it, just some random offer I was sent, was just wondering why he wants so much for it xD

Yeah that's why I don't ever really bother with trading, too much trouble.

Also, this one was tempting, maybe if he took out the coil I would have accepted it haha

0494d72964b9017f2182b666e10f20b6.png

baby

Yeah I wasn't planning on it, just some random offer I was sent, was just wondering why he wants so much for it xD

Also, this one was tempting, maybe if he took out the coil I would have accepted it haha

just respond to the offer with coil removed and see if hes willing

Omega

Banned

that's also not even worth it

please dont make any trades without posting here first.

M9 TT is 150k. The Karambit itself is worth more than that probably

edit - was wrong. you have a pretty "bad" ultraviolet so it's only market value ($350ish), but even the kara + m9 is ridiculous overpay. the right buyer would probably pay 150k for your M9

edit 2 - never trade your Chalice, at least not for a throw in. If you sit on it you can probably make way more in a few weeks/months. it has a great float value so either a collector would pay a premium for it, or someone looking to do tradeups will want it since that will help get a better looking Knight.

cHinzo

Man. I should send a trade offer to Ludono with Ludono's items for my AK Safari Mesh and see if he would accept without asking for advice in this thread. :'D

Ludono

that's also not even worth it

please dont make any trades without posting here first.

M9 TT is 150k. The Karambit itself is worth more than that probably

edit - was wrong. you have a pretty "bad" ultraviolet so it's only market value ($350ish), but even the kara + m9 is ridiculous overpay. the right buyer would probably pay 150k for your M9

edit 2 - never trade your Chalice, at least not for a throw in. If you sit on it you can probably make way more in a few weeks/months. it has a great float value so either a collector would pay a premium for it, or someone looking to do tradeups will want it since that will help get a better looking Knight.

The TT is statrack FN, no idea how much that affects the price :p

I didn't realize the chalice was worth so much o_O

Guess I'm going to be coming here before doing any trades haha

Omega

Banned
The TT is statrack FN, no idea how much that affects the price :p

I didn't realize the chalice was worth so much o_O

Guess I'm going to be coming here before doing any trades haha

ST might only raise it by like 50-75k. depends, because not many people care about ST so its all about if someone is willing to just take the 200k or if they're stubborn and want to hold out for more

and yeah the Chalice is part of the cobblestone collection, all those skins are valued. Someone just got a bunch of them so he could craft the best looking Dragon Lore, I'm sure some rich kid will try to craft a better one.

There's a post on reddit asking valve to add timeouts to MM

AYYYY reddit never let's me down
lmao. absolutely no reason for timeouts to be in MM.

lets just get standins while we're at it. and knife rounds, everyone loves knife rounds

udiie

what if they added a comp style mode where it was basically like esea, just 64 tick
I mean you'd still have shitlords fucking everything up but idk I think it'd be kinda neat

impact

Banned
what if they added a comp style mode where it was basically like esea, just 64 tick
I mean you'd still have shitlords fucking everything up but idk I think it'd be kinda neat
So it would just be MM with proper timers and a knife round?

The biggest draw of esea is playing on servers that work with a minimal amount of cheating scum.

Omega

Banned
The biggest draw of esea is playing on servers that work with a minimal amount of cheating scum.

yep.

Cuz people that go from standing out in the open on B with nades in their hands to all of a sudden having the game sense of pros and never missing shots is not exactly fun.

impact

Banned
I'm on my phone so I hit the button by accident sry

But if you need to pee just rush mid. It's a mm/pug, it ain't that serious.

Omega

Banned
he only wanted to play with his friends, but that sounds like it wouldn't matchmake with other players so it seems pointless? Or is there a way around it?

I thought family sharing wasn't limited - are there other games with restrictions?

theres no gamesharing because then a hacker/smurf could just buy it on a main account and never use it while only playing on newly created accounts.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
CS pro's, I post like 90% of my kills during T side then shut down as CT. Like legit, I get 20-25k on T then maybe 3-6 on CT. Any general tips for being a better CT player? I guess I'm impatient and push too much or something.

Valkrai

CS pro's, I post like 90% of my kills during T side then shut down as CT. Like legit, I get 20-25k on T then maybe 3-6 on CT. Any general tips for being a better CT player? I guess I'm impatient and push too much or something.

I don't think you'll ever need to push as CT unless a site is taken by T and a bomb is planted.

Meteorain

It's in your blood mate. Born to be a T.

Top Bottom