• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CounterSpy |OT| Spies like us

My iDevice is super outdated, so nope.

Hoping to get a Vita in September, fingers crossed.

posting in advance

M9yI9Hp.gif

Interestingly, this is a Sony trademark but they're bringing it to iOS and Android? Got to be only the second game on both PSN and mobile, after Fat Princess, I think?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
preordered on US PSN, but my default sign-in is a UK account. Will it still auto-download and install, or do I need to sign in with my US PSN to trigger that? (PS4 is set to home console for both accounts)

codhand

Interestingly, this is a Sony trademark but they're bringing it to iOS and Android? Got to be only the second game on both PSN and mobile, after Fat Princess, I think?

I think the developer David Nottingham said the iOS / Droid version contained "the same core game elements." but with "a gesture based control scheme", so perhaps not the same game. He also says "the mobile version will tie into the console version." whatever that means.

5taquitos

This game needs more hype, Loltaku had a user-submitted interview with the devs and lots of the answers have me itching to play tomorrow.

They seriously need to update the footage in the announcement trailer. I remember initially watching that trailer, liking everything about the game until it started moving and immediately tuning the game out. They've made some obvious leaps and bounds in progress since, animation looks so much better but I wouldn't have paid the game any more mind if not for a friend bugging me about it.

That playthrough with commentary, and the fact the art director is ex-Pixar who worked on the Incredibles, really got my attention. I'm going to go and pre-order or buy the game tonight.

EBreda

So they commented on IGN's preview on how good it looked and how bad it played?
I really wanted to pre-order ir to get the discount, just not sure after reading that preview.

Are there any better hands on impressions?

So they commented on IGN's preview on how good it looked and how bad it played?
I really wanted to pre-order ir to get the discount, just not sure after reading that preview.

Are there any better hands on impressions?

To be fair that was at last years gamescom and was delayed to polish the game up. Check out the preview in the OP.

BashNasty

I've not heard a whole lot about this game before today, but the previews and videos make it look like a lot of fun. I'll probably pick this up tomorrow and it can compete with Diablo III: UEE for my time.

FHIZ

So I have this all pre-loaded and the countdown say 20 hours, 39 minutes. So it doesn't unlock until around 10 am? The fuck?

It was the same for Hohokum. I guess the new release of these games unlock in the afternoon, where Swapper and Rogue Legacy had been out on steam already, so whatever, 12AM for those.

Yeah, makes NO SENSE.

Pre-ordered this along with all the other titles in the PLAY promotion. Man oh man, what a difference a year makes in terms of the polish on this game.

Watch the launch trailer in the OT and then watch this announcement trailer from E3 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov7HqIMriPA

Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. This year's PLAY has been fantastic, imo. Loved everything that's come out so far.

anddo0

I see that the missions are timed.

What does that mean exactly?
You fail if time runs out, lose bonus score?

I'm not a huge fan of timed gameplay.

Slaylock

There is a DEFCON level that goes up as you die or allow the enemy to radio ahead. You can decrease the DEFCON level by threatening officers.

Once you reach DEFCON 1, you have a limited amount of time to finish the level, but as long as you stay below DEFCON 1, there is no time limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxJijQAg28#t=34m18s

I think you only get a timer if you let the enemies call and a launch timer starts where you don't have time for exploration but just have to book it to stop the launch codes for the nuclear strike. If you run out of time, game over.

sarcoa

I think you only get a timer if you let the enemies call and a launch timer starts where you don't have time for exploration but just have to book it to stop the launch codes for the nuclear strike. If you run out of time, game over.
Game over if time runs out, but there are continues. I didn't get a game over the whole game, only tested once to see what exactly would happen, so I'm not sure if continues are finite.

Also, aside from enemy calls, standing in view of a surveillance camera will crank the defcon timer.

Slaylock

Pre-ordered. I was going to wait for reviews, but I don't want to miss the pre-order discount, plus I've been impressed by the walkthrough videos I've seen from E3.

Of course, with Diablo 3 coming out tomorrow, who knows when I'll actually play it.

anddo0

There is a DEFCON level that goes up as you die or allow the enemy to radio ahead. You can decrease the DEFCON level by threatening officers.

Once you reach DEFCON 1, you have a limited amount of time to finish the level, but as long as you stay below DEFCON 1, there is no time limit.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.

Would love to preorder for the discount but won't without at least a couple advance reviews. It's ridiculous for Sony to push preorders and not get the game out to media before release.

sarcoa

Would love to preorder for the discount but won't without at least a couple advance reviews. It's ridiculous for Sony to push preorders and not get the game out to media before release.
Recently, or at least moreso in the past year, Sony's been extremely good about getting review code out for digital-only games. We frequently used to have to wait until the code went live with the Tuesday store update, but now games are usually live a few days prior.
Still beholden to embargoes, though.

Recently, or at least moreso in the past year, Sony's been extremely good about getting review code out for digital-only games. We frequently used to have to wait until the code went live with the Tuesday store update, but now games are usually live a few days prior.
Still beholden to embargoes, though.
Good to know but it doesn't look like it's made a difference this time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hmm...

It looks just OK to me. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

What other games have this spy mechanic with the different shooting perspectives? Not to mention the nice motif it has going. I'm genuinely curious, I will try them if they're on PC.

So I made a mistake, it unlocks 10 am pst? ehhh gotta wait.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VwENlx7.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YKOCPlM.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom