• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.
AirBrian said:
I need to email the CR guys because the only place to get quality stats (that I can see) is on the individual player pages. There's no option for team quality stats, which is where I pull the data. It would be awesome if CR could add it to the team page.

And holy shit Pistol Pete is 5th in the league in scoring under Quality Stats. 8-O
i wonder if i should still post top 10 stats on tnt even if you post them already..?

AirBrian said:
Oh shit. Sorry dude. I can PM them to you from now on.
you kidding me? it took me 2 hours to sort all the stats together. now i can post the tnt jpeg right after the game. its your job now, bro. :lol :lol

AirBrian

Does it take long to stick them in there if you have the data? It seems like everyone liked your page with the stats on the bottom. It's no big deal if it does; I'll be happy to just post them.

AirBrian said:
Does it take long to stick them in there if you have the data? It seems like everyone liked your page with the stats on the bottom. It's no big deal if it does; I'll be happy to just post them.
nah, that's the easy part. plugging in stats takes a breeze. if you can post the info within 30mins, then i'd post the jpeg right away.

woodchuck

i was thinking how we might be going overboard with the court rivals things like stats and stuff.

then i saw that there's a CR radio show where they discuss matchups and scores.

pilonv1

Pro Tip - if you cancel your queued training after midnight you get them refunded. So you can have your normal days total + whatever you can fit in your queue.

You guys saw Stephen F. Smith's latest piece? He just got back from sabbatical after ESPN demoted him before the Draft:

Stephen F. Smith - 'ACEN won a sham title'

FOXSports recently caught up with Stephen F. Smith on sabbatical and talked NBA him for about 5 minutes. He gave many interesting quotes:

• he felt that the Season 2 champion should have been the OK City Barons, not ACEN. When pressed for an answer he quoted "They're a fraud team, it's really that simple. They played more sandwich opponents than anyone according to ranking and their record was spotty vs. tougher opponents. The only losses the Barons had were due to starting C Jerome James reporting late 2 games forcing them to play their 6'8 PF at center, and the tough loss to end Season 2. OKCB also fielded a better record in challenge games while challenging tougher competition AND I WOULD BE REMISS if I didn't mention the biggest factor: he Barons dropped ACEN in their only head-to-head matchup. It's just that simple."
  • he stated each gaf team should play each other at leat 3 times a year to legitimize the records and challenge 10-man rosters in half their games, silimar to what the NCAA does w/ Conference/Non-Conference games.
  • He said he was disappointed each team doesn't have a fair amount of players and as left, he felt the starting forward tandem of Kevin McFail and Calvin Booth was the most overrated pair of bigs in the league. "Quite frankly I'm surprised one if not both haven't been dropped from the lineup yet", he said.
eek.gif

Birdman02

AirBrian said:

Stockton's 9th in the GAF league in scoring and 1st assists, but can't get a gig on a full squad. :( Although, NeoGAF put up a valiant effort tonight against a College division C team....only losing by one point!! Too bad we can't see the play-by-play.

It looks like we also picked up another player...we only need 4 more to fill our roster now!!! Also, does anyone know who our captain is and if he's still training his guy?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ray Ray, The King of Clutch.

I never should have messed around with lineup last night.

Meier

Making attribute levels STRONGLY correlate directly with performance is something that has been brought up before on this site. Many people feel that it's their god-given right that if they have 300 shooting that every shot they take should go in and they should put up 50 PPG. If that's the case, then the optimal strategy would be to get to 300 shooting as fast as possible since every shot you'll take will go in. Furthermore, what happens when a guy has 300 rebounding? Does that mean he grabs every rebound? Does 300 blocking mean every shot gets blocked by one person? The "sliders affect what you do" and "attributes affect how well you do it" design philosophy sounds great on paper but is flawed at its extremes...

If you're a new person and you start out with 30 shooting but have slider set all the way to shoot more, how encouraging would it be to go 3 for 20 every night because your slider is set all the way to shoot more but your shooting skill is extremely low relative to the attribute cap (300). What happens when two playground teams play each other and the highest shooting attribute between the two teams is 30? Does that person still go 3 for 20?

The answer is no (of course!) and the solution is to perform some "normalization" and compare how high your shooting is compared to the shooting of your teammates and determine if you should be a better shooter because of that. The same goes for rebounding, blocking, and other attributes. All these attributes need to be compared to that of your teammates and that of your opponent and somewhat normalized.

...and, believe it or not, the sim already does this. In fact, the results we're seeing is PROOF the sim does this. The sim is seeing Person X has 40 shooting and Person Y has 45 shooting. Person Y is only a 12.5% better shooter than Person X. What chemistries do is make Person Y's specialty skill exponentially better so that the sim sees that Person Y is now a MUCH MUCH better shooter than Person X instead of being just "a little bit better" than Person X.

As I previously mentioned, the new sim is one big probability experiment, and your likelihood for a certain action is strongly correlated to what your teammates likelihood is for that same action and what your opponent's likelihood is for a counter action.
From Kaz. So it's basically chemistry or bust!

Meier said:
From Kaz. So it's basically chemistry or bust!
Sounds a bit silly, but we're well on our way to chemistries.
If you're a new person and you start out with 30 shooting but have slider set all the way to shoot more, how encouraging would it be to go 3 for 20 every night because your slider is set all the way to shoot more but your shooting skill is extremely low relative to the attribute cap (300). What happens when two playground teams play each other and the highest shooting attribute between the two teams is 30? Does that person still go 3 for 20?
Yes, this is how it should fucking be. Jesus Christ, this asshole needs to better explain the intricacies of his sim because it makes little sense on any level at times. I realize it's important not to reveal EVERYTHING about the game, but I'd say a good portion of the game's players don't understand it at a fundamental level. That's a huge problem.

Enron

Banned
pilonv1 said:
i see ricky davis has worn out his welcome with ACEN

:lol

LFK hasnt been heard from in ages, and he's stopped training his player, so......out with the old! (and inactive!)

Enron

Banned
I see the bitterness of the ACEN CHAMPIONSHIP still lingers. You can only play the schedule given to you by the system! Its not like we were turning down challenges!

DY_nasty

Enron said:
I see the bitterness of the ACEN CHAMPIONSHIP still lingers. You can only play the schedule given to you by the system! Its not like we were turning down challenges!

BigSweep1.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pheeniks said:
are you trying to euroleague our ass?

Top teams are offering a starting position for Dennis. He's only a few points from being in the top 900 in the free agent pool.

edit: He was in the top 599 for a minute

DY_nasty

If Randy Foye could play a lick of defense I wouldn't be worried.

:(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
DY_nasty said:
If Randy Foye could play a lick of defense I wouldn't be worried.

:(
Hey, I've been working on it. Slowly, but surely. If only Bogues and Ceballos would get updated.

I'd like to announce that ACEN is very happy to have John Stockton join the team. His presence means Maravich can focus more on swishing and less on dishing.

DY_nasty

Its just weird because Ced had the most points on this team by a wide margin when we traded for him. He's still a big part, just like Slava. But the rest of them guh...

"Dennis Rodman, you have a phone call on line 1"

DCX

DCX
DY_nasty said:
Its just weird because Ced had the most points on this team by a wide margin when we traded for him. He's still a big part, just like Slava. But the rest of them guh...

He won't sign...i have a feeling he'll sit out the entire year and sign a HUGE MAxx deal for season 4.

DCX

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
DY_nasty said:

I guess you could PM the people or something about it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am entertaining offers from any team interested in a defensive presence... with John stockton leaving Neogaf 1.0, my client no longer has the drive to dominate on his current team.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
Mr. Rodman is still exploring all of his options.
$ talks
Eaton has unofficially entered the market therefor driving your price down playa! + you guys know my number +

DCX

Top Bottom