• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Meier

Despite the fact it looks like Scooter never trains him, Slava's kicking some ass against the filler players!

Noel's taken 12 shots over 2 games. Not very excited about that, but I'll take the W's.

DCX

DCX
So 2.0 beats the defending GAF league champs and nothing from the peanut gallery? Barons? ACEN? Typical...2.0 has risen to the top and has exceeded all notions of put together, and no leadership.

The leagues reigning leading scorers gladly reduced his role in the belief that it would benefit the team as a whole to it's championship destiny. 2.0 is here to stay and also believe that Starks is about to explode!

DCX

woodchuck

Booth showing why he's the REAL DPotY.

ACEN's forwards that Booth played against tonight:

D. Nowitzki F 1 - 8
. Kemp F 3 - 7

2.0 beginning it's path to glory. now we gotta start scouting the HB Assassins. they look like a pretty good team too.

As for ACEN?

mmzits.jpg

Meier

I worry about their size... big time. Reggie needs to have a huge game because it's going to be important against that height. 6 F's with 4 of them over 7 feet tall. :( Scoring wise though, they don't seem to be TOO much of a threat... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Meier

viakado said:
yeeeaah! shit, son!
Barons have the top 3 spots in scoring.
top spot in rebounding.
Shares the spot in blocks.
and top spot in FG%
It helps when you play against a 0-person team and a 5-person team!

TNG2 are 18th in the Playground Division. :D

woodchuck

Meier said:
It helps when you play against a 0-person team and a 5-person team!

TNG2 are 18th in the Playground Division. :D

i think we may be able to force a lot of TOs against HB Assassins since they have a lot of big guys. Our front court has to step up to the challenge with strong defense and speed.

Our backcourt also has to produce. ACEN's backcourt shot really well today (except for ricky who isn't being trained).

damn i didn't even realize the season started and Slava is BEASTING! START HIM!

in all reality, it does seem really, really random. The more i'd train Slava's shooting the worse he shot last season. I think this year im going to concentrate on the endurance, rebounding and defense.

I think bigs can definitely play like Dirk, you just have to be improving the right attributes. Take 3's, jump shots, and have the slider set to more on the "pass" side is what I would be doing while emphasizing speed, shooting/3pt shooting, ball handling and defense/rebounding/leadership. Just don't have him taking chances on D because he won't be blocking much.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For some reason, speed means a lot more to forwards than it does to guards. Look at how Ceballos and Felton played during the final stretch of the season as proof to that.

DCX

DCX
I made a minor change in our lineup due to playing some bigs tonight as we go towards our third win. 2-0 (2-0 in GAF League play ) :D

DCX

tonight we face a team that out-points us by 175.
this is one case to prove to woodchuck and all the children out there that we are #1!

woodchuck

DCX:

I don't know man. I think you should go back to the original lineup. So far, it's been working. I think Reggie +McFail and Booth + Popeye make a good front court tandem.

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
DCX:

I don't know man. I think you should go back to the original lineup. So far, it's been working. I think Reggie +McFail and Booth + Popeye make a good front court tandem.
I just figured booth well better suited to go aginst thier starters and Reggie could abuse the bench. I'll see, maybe i should't tinker..

DCX

Meier

Must have moved up today! I am worried we won't last long after this start. :lol They have a guy with 5 rebounds in the first 2 minutes. o_O

DCX

DCX
Meier said:
Must have moved up today! I am worried we won't last long after this start. :lol They have a guy with 5 rebounds in the first 2 minutes. o_O
you have play by play? hook me up!

DCX

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Anyone else see the new "intense" option under training? I assume it's just 6 credits for a really quick stat gain.

woodchuck

barons losing makes our loss not so bad.

for the next game, all of the San Antonio Heat's forwards are strong rebounders. I'm going to focus on rebounding/defense tonight.

that one guy KILLED us on the boards

we'll probably go back to the playground from college D :lol

pheeniks said:
oh my god

we choked
it was our guard defense. its horrendous.

W. Ok. 7-15 16pts.
P. Speed 4-8 13pts
D. Mustards 6-10 15pts.

their top scorers were guards. our guards really need to play more conservative defense and/or focus on their defense/rebounding/speed attributes. this is the 2rd game we got killed because of guard defense.

woodchuck

87-88
87-88 Will Smith hook shot: missed
Will Smith Off Rebound (2 REB)
Will Smith turnaround jumper: missed
Siomai Sakuragi Def Rebound (15 REB)

89-88 Will Smith turnover (2 TO)
Steal: Rukawa Soriano (1 ST)

89-88 The Machine turnaround jumper: missed
Block: Mitsui Hisashi (1 BLK)
Chris Paul Def Rebound (5 REB)

89-88 Noel Gallagher running jump shot: missed
Siomai Sakuragi Def Rebound (16 REB)
Rukawa Soriano jump hook shot: made (12 PTS)

91-88 Noel Gallagher lay up: missed
Siomai Sakuragi Def Rebound (17 REB)

93-88 The Machine 3pt shot: missed
Mark Helterbrand Def Rebound (9 REB)

93-88 Calvin Booth jump shot: missed
Rukawa Soriano Def Rebound (7 REB)

96-88 Kevin McFail hook shot: missed
Mark Helterbrand Def Rebound (10 REB)

98-88 The Machine turnover (1 TO)
Steal: Siomai Sakuragi (1 ST)

yikes. that was the game.

Meier

After our final challenge game tomorrow, I say let's skip the challenges and kick some newbie ass for a week or two. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rodeo Clown said:
Foye didn't play all that well, but where the hell has Shuttlesworth been this season?

We played a much better team this week, I'm not too worried but damn. That was an epic late game collapse. Viakado can scream guard defense all he wants, we lost at the free throw line and because lack of leadership.

woodchuck

Do you guys want to start challenging other teams in our division?

it only hurts us if we play a 10-man team who's in the playground division.

maybe...

alternate playing division teams and 1-man playground scrubs.

btw, that's College Division D for those that don't know and are still in the playground.

Top Bottom