• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.
ACEN jumps up to college ball, division C!

pheeniks said:
premium isn't really that big advantage if you're around a computer often, which is most people.

It's actually a pretty sizeable advantage if you are on the computer all day. If I'm using this day to train speed up 10, let's say it starts out a 1:30:00

1:30:00 - 1:30:00
1:30:00 - 1:35:00
1:30:00 - 1:40:00
1:30:00 - 1:45:00
1:35:00 - 1:50:00
1:40:00 - 1:55:00
1:45:00 - 2:00:00
1:50:00 - 2:05:00
1:55:00 - 2:10:00

That's a whole 1:45:00 that is lost there.

DCX

DCX
Meier said:
Holy shit we're fucked against Sim Breakers. :lol One guy with 527 points! The whole team is made up of 2 dudes' players including the guy who does the Live broadcast about Court Rivals. :lol
Nice, i like that we are going to be the subject of that nights broadcast bitches! That's right, 2.0 going primetime and with a win at that!

DCX

pilonv1

AirBrian said:
Code:
College Conference Division C Standings
Rank 	Team Name 	W 	L 	% 	Rating
1 	OSUCowboys 	5 	0 	1.000 	61
2 	EAGLES#1 	4 	1 	0.800 	98
[B]3 	Team NeoGAF 2.0	4 	1 	0.800 	67[/B]
4 	HB Assassins 	4 	1 	0.800 	66
[B]5 	ACEN 	        4 	1 	0.800 	51[/B]

Shit just got real!

SHOTS FIRED

woodchuck

i think the game ball deserves to go to reggie. look at the defense on a guy with 495 points:

S. Merritt F 2 - 11

but they racked up pretty well on the offensive boards. ill work on rebounding as well

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
i think the game ball deserves to go to reggie. look at the defense on a guy with 495 points:

S. Merritt F 2 - 11

but they racked up pretty well on the offensive boards. ill work on rebounding as well
I'm not worried about teams with higher pt guys as with evidence with that Merrit guy. We have such a great team from 1-10 that we will make up for anything especially with certain things brewing. Our defense is great!

DCX

rotaryspirit said:
ACEN jumps up to college ball, division C!

It's actually a pretty sizeable advantage if you are on the computer all day. If I'm using this day to train speed up 10, let's say it starts out a 1:30:00

1:30:00 - 1:35:00
1:30:00 - 1:40:00
1:30:00 - 1:45:00
1:35:00 - 1:50:00
1:40:00 - 1:55:00
1:45:00 - 2:00:00
1:50:00 - 2:05:00
1:55:00 - 2:10:00

That's a whole 1:45:00 that is lost there.

i'm kinda confused. so let's say it takes 30 minutes to train one attribute, and you stick all 5 of that attribute on the queue...does that mean they will all be 30 minutes?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
pheeniks said:
i'm kinda confused. so let's say it takes 30 minutes to train one attribute, and you stick all 5 of that attribute on the queue...does that mean they will all be 30 minutes?
Correct. I've noticed it with only 2 slots.

Meier

pheeniks said:

Yes, if you queue multiple points (whether it be 2, 3, 4 or 5), it's all done at the same amount of time. The most useful way is to train endurance that way -- 5 at 1 hr, 6th at 2 hours, 7th at 3 hours, etc. I didn't take advantage of it since I went to bed that night. :lol

pheeniks said:

Yep. But as soon as one of those attributes finish, the timer on the attribute goes up by 5 minutes (or in the case of endurance, an hour). I screwed up because I did 5 endurance @ an hour and then slept - when I woke up it was already up to 6 hours per.

If I wouldn't have done that and just saved it for later, I would have gotten almost all 10 of my starting credits into endurance the first day - well, 25 hours actually. (1+1+1+1+1+2+3+4+5+6)

Meier

rotaryspirit said:
Yep. But as soon as one of those attributes finish, the timer on the attribute goes up by 5 minutes (or in the case of endurance, an hour). I screwed up because I did 5 endurance @ an hour and then slept - when I woke up it was already up to 6 hours per.

If I wouldn't have done that and just saved it for later, I would have gotten almost all 10 of my starting credits into endurance the first day - well, 25 hours actually. (1+1+1+1+1+2+3+4+5+6)

Yep. :( Something to keep in mind for season 4.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LMAO

Somebody loves theatrics. Thats all I'm going to say. I hope he's enjoying Cancun though.

Meier

Jamesfrom818 said:
Shane Merrit could really kill us. Our bigs are going to have a tough time containing him.
corsoespn.jpg

"Not so fast my friend!"

DY_nasty

viakado's getting his groove on with some of Calvin Booth's infamous groupies. No announcements to be made tonight.
Blackace said:
just say it straight.. drama queens

Seriously.

Meier

6624.jpg

My new avatar for Noel. Small edit involved. (isn't updating for me in Firefox but it shows up right in IE...)

DY_nasty

It's a 3 parter, but since viakado has the night off. I'll go ahead and introduce the first of Oklahoma City's newest additions.

At 7' 1, Mark "Muthafuckin" Eaton.

Jerome James and Eaton are the only Twin Towers you bums get to discuss from now on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DY_nasty said:
It's a 3 parter, but since viakado has the night off. I'll go ahead and introduce the first of Oklahoma City's newest additions.

At 7' 1, Mark "Muthafuckin" Eaton.

Jerome James and Eaton are the only Twin Towers you bums get to discuss from now on.

so who did you move for him?

DY_nasty

Nobody. Thats the best part. :D

2 more moves pending. I wanted to get this all done in the same day but certain people like being difficult. How about I guarantee that certain person the headline in the TNT bulletin. And thats the most I can offer right now because there are others who would come over for a lot cheaper and less hassle as well.

Blackace

DY_nasty said:
Nobody. Thats the best part. :D

2 more moves pending. I wanted to get this all done in the same day but certain people like being difficult. How about I guarantee that certain person the headline in the TNT bulletin. And thats the most I can offer right now because there are others who would come over for a lot cheaper and less hassle as well.

so he just jumped ship? lame..

Blackace

Meier said:
CB23 wasn't doing much updating seemingly, so they dropped his ass. Dunno what's coming, guess we'll find out!

Who is CB23 playing?

DY_nasty

He had Mad Dog. There was always a competition between him and Slava anyways.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Blackace said:
so he just jumped ship? lame..

Sorry playboy... It was a tough decision... waste this premium account with no play by play on a 4 person team or hop on board with a team focused on winning... I weighed all the options and went with the best package out there... forgive me :\

Its time....

Quixzlizx

rotaryspirit said:
ACEN will be in at least college D when the standings are reset. We are going to work our way up boys, with Pistol, Smush, and JAXXXX leading the charge.

Agent Arenas would like the remind the Smusher of his contributions.

DY_nasty

Ninja Scooter said:
Slava feels like a free man. He beasts again in the starting lineup! KEEP HIM AS A STARTER!

You know, I LIKE SLAVA.

Slava is staying. I never should have doubted him.

DY_nasty

methodman said:
Any team need Monta Ellis? I've been working his stats this entire time but haven't been checking this thread.

If you don't check your mother fucking PMs and Inbox, both here and at Court Rivals...

I swear... :lol

Enron

Banned
AirBrian said:
...which means they'll go down once they play some real college conference games and not some playground scrub teams.

Tough talk from a team that's 1-1 in College Conference C play!

Top Bottom