• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Meier

As long as we get the W, all that matters. Hopefully we don't see the patented choke and perhaps he drains a few in the last 6 mins like last night..

DCX

DCX
Meier said:
As long as we get the W, all that matters. Hopefully we don't see the patented choke and perhaps he drains a few in the last 6 mins like last night..
Up 10 with 7 minutes left...The Machine is up....god help us.

DCX

woodchuck

we held them to 85 points. their lowest scoring output of the season.

it's all coming together.

it's clear that the team was tired by playing 11 quality games in a row. it was good that they had that break against the scrub teams.

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
we held them to 85 points. their lowest scoring output of the season.

it's all coming together.

it's clear that the team was tired by playing 11 quality games in a row. it was good that they had that break against the scrub teams.
Good coaching :)

DCX

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
woodchuck said:
yeah uh...i think we should only do quality stats from now on. acen's stats are inflated

the Barons get a chance to prove that tomorrow

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
aznpxdd said:
ACEN's stats will still be inflated vs. the GAF junior team.

Here

nanos_cheese_product2984.jpg

goes well with bitch and whine

Nice piece by Peter Frecesy.
Peter Frecesy recaps the marquee matchup of TEAM NeoGAF 2.0 vs. OKC Barons

After all the hype and trash-talking we finally have a result -- with 2.0 winning vs. the Barons. And uplifting win by 2.0, beating their closest competitor but after checking the stats I found some interesting trends Let's dissect this game, shall we???

Barons shot 42%
NeoGAF 2.0 43%

Barons - 5/15 from 3s 33%
GAF 2.0 - 3/7 from 3s 42% - This is part of a theme which I will address

Barons shot 12-15 from the line - 80%
NeoGAF 2.0 was 15-24 for only 62%

Barons outrebounded 2.0 53-52

Barons had more assists 27-23

NeoGAF 2.0 had more steals 14-11

Barons had more blocks 11-10

NeoGAF 2.0 had less TOs 18-13

Baron's bench was +1 over NeoGAF's bench - Also part of the theme

The stat comparison seems to favor a close game ... BECAUSE IT WAS A CLOSE GAME. The game became double digits only early in the 4th, and even then multiple defensive stops by the Barons could not be converted on the offensive end:

Code:
j
James worthy turnaround jumper: made (18 PTS)
Assist: Jesus Shuttlesworth (3 AST) 	 [B]70-80[/B] 	
John Starks 3pt shot: missed
Cedric Ceballos Def Rebound (2 REB)
Cedric Ceballos jump shot: missed
james worthy Off Rebound (6 REB)
james worthy turnover (2 TO)
Steal: John Starks (3 ST) 	 	
John Starks turnover (2 TO)
Steal: Cedric Ceballos (3 ST)
james worthy 3pt shot: missed
John Starks Def Rebound (3 REB) 	 	
Calvin Booth turnover (4 TO)
Steal: Jesus Shuttlesworth (5 ST)
Cedric Ceballos Off Rebound (3 REB)
Cedric Ceballos jump shot: missed
Harold Miner Def Rebound (2 REB) 	 	
Harold Miner hook shot: missed
Block: Mark Eaton (2 BLK)
Mark Eaton Def Rebound (13 REB)
Kevin McFail Def Rebound (6 REB) 	
Calvin Booth jump shot: missed
Mark Eaton Def Rebound (14 REB)
james worthy running jump shot: missed
Block: Calvin Booth (1 BLK)
Calvin Booth Def Rebound (10 REB)
Kevin McFail jump shot: missed
Mark Eaton Def Rebound (15 REB)
james worthy jump shot: made (20 PTS)
Assist: Monta Ellis (7 AST) 	       [B]72-80[/B]
The Machine running jump shot: missed
Reginald Fils-Aime Off Rebound (13 REB)
Popeye Jones fouled while shooting
Popeye Jones Free Throw 1 of 2 made (9 PTS)
Popeye Jones Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
Jerome James Def Rebound (10 REB)      [B]72-81[/B]
Jerome James lay up: missed
Reginald Fils-Aime Def Rebound (14 REB) 	 	
Jerome James Def Rebound (11 REB)
Randy Foye 3pt shot: made (14 PTS)
Assist: Anthony Mason (3 AST) 	       [B]75-81[/B]
That's a LOT of possessions that the Barons couldn't take advantage of. Although the Barons lost as a team take a look at the line of leading scorer Jesus Shuttlesworth.

J. Shuttlesworth
2/6, 7 points
1/5 from 3s
2/2 from the line
2 rebs, 3 assts, 5 steals, a block

Very good defensive game but a off game from the offensive end. For a guy who usually puts in 20 a game to get 7 on SIX SHOT ATTEMPTS crippled the Barons offensive attack. Yet for most of the game it was a close contest. In a game where those two bolded theme should go the Barons way they ended up really neutralized. All this points of one thing --- This reporter can't wait for the rematch in a few weeks.

woodchuck

it was really close for the first half. 2nd half was pretty much a 9-10 pt game throughout.

you think jesus's poor shooting night was an anomaly? :lol it's too bad you can't view our bench's defensive stats

woodchuck said:
you think jesus's poor shooting night was an anomaly? :lol it's too bad you can't view our bench's defensive stats
Peter Frecesy is a competent writer. They don't call him "The Poison Pen" for nothing and I' agree with him. It's not that it was a poor shooting night, he took only six shots.

Pffttt, you should see our bench's offensive numbers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't believe Shuttlesworth only took 6 shots. He's been taking the majority of our shots all season long. Maybe he pulled a Kobe on us :lol

But whatever, good game. We'll just take this loss out on ACEN.

Edit: Its a toss up between the battle of the big men though...

DCX

DCX
No news? No headlines? TNT running away with the Barons money hat? This is bullshit!! 2.0 has defeated both the defending champs and defending chumps and we get no respect! I demand justice! :D

PS what's the status on the new 2.0 logo?

DCX

woodchuck

exactly. if the barons had won, there'd be so much shit talking and TNT would reflect that.

but 2.0 has taken the high road. we just do our thing and don't worry about lesser teams.

woodchuck said:
exactly. if the barons had won, there'd be so much shit talking and TNT would reflect that.

but 2.0 has taken the high road. we just do our thing and don't worry about lesser teams.

it's also too bad that we beat a team you guys got owned by. don't you feel so incomplete?

we gave you your credit already!

woodchuck

pheeniks said:
it's also too bad that we beat a team you guys got owned by. don't you feel so incomplete?

we gave you your credit already!

1. that game against the bulls was an experiment. we completely revamped the lineup.

2. and i don't give a shit about you beating the bulls. i feel pretty good about kicking your ass.

3. screw the high road.

pheeniks said:
bullshit

mason will have something to say about this

The Frankman said:
Time to show Reggie why Jerome Jame IS the DPotY.

viakado said:
2.0 can suck on my right nut this time.

Rodeo Clown said:
Because he wouldn't win? u scared.

lulz

Meier

I think his name should be changed to Reginald Beast-Aime.

p.s. Did you guys notice Noel (our leading scoring starter) only took *5* shots? He just happened to make 4 of them and knock down his FTs so he finished in double digits.

DCX

DCX
Meier said:
I think his name should be changed to Reginald Beast-Aime.

p.s. Did you guys notice Noel (our leading scoring starter) only took *5* shots? He just happened to make 4 of them and knock down his FTs so he finished in double digits.
5 shots from him and 6 from Starks and we still won by 9. Damn.

DCX

you guys are acting like you just won the championship (well you kind of did) but it's like team usa vs. the rest of the world. we had less training points all across the board.

so barons had nothing to lose. keep fapping away

woodchuck

pheeniks said:
you guys are acting like you just won the championship (well you kind of did) but it's like team usa vs. the rest of the world. we had less training points all across the board.

so barons had nothing to lose. keep fapping away

huh? who's fault is it that you have less training points?

it's not 2.0's fault that the barons don't have a coach that can motivate their players to practice.

woodchuck said:
huh? who's fault is it that you have less training points?

it's not 2.0's fault that the barons don't have a coach that can motivate their players to practice.

it's not mine

mason does his part by showing up on the internets every day and working his ass off.

DCX

DCX
We all starting Court Rivals around the same time...no excuse...can't run with the champs, stay out of the gym...

DCX

DCX said:
We all starting Court Rivals around the same time...no excuse...can't run with the champs, stay out of the gym...

DCX

except that one or two days actually makes a difference, especially when you put it all together with 10 guys

but we don't have any excuses. just saying

DY_nasty

pheeniks said:
except that one or two days actually makes a difference, especially when you put it all together with 10 guys

Naw its cool. We'll get another shot at them again because they can still challenge us back or something. In the meantime, lets blame Ced for being a bum.

woodchuck

pheeniks said:

most of our team is from NeoGaf...who was the last team created. the players on our team just make efficient use of their training credits.

dont make me post the "join dates"

DCX said:
No news? No headlines? TNT running away with the Barons money hat? This is bullshit!! 2.0 has defeated both the defending champs and defending chumps and we get no respect! I demand justice! :D

PS what's the status on the new 2.0 logo?

DCX

woodchuck said:

chumps. i dare you to challenge us.
v3eixz.jpg

Meier

The Frankman said:
Now how is Reggie Player of the Night? Jerome played him to a virtual draw.
James played well but Reggie's 8 offensive rebounds = D12-esque. What can I say, the guy just steps up in big games.. 12.4 (and rising) rpg in Quality match-ups.

Meier

Our opponents tonight have no one in double digits on rebounding.. only 1 guy over 6.4. Booth and Reggie should have a lot of fun. :D

DY_nasty

Training being the bitch that it is, I still think we had a fucking amazing turn-around seeing as how a good portion of the team from last year switched up on us. Before we made those trades and acquisitions we were actually a lot worse than the teams we were challenging. My whole plan was to play nothing but quality games and just hope to buff our rating off of that but Eaton, Randolph, Ellis have really made things a lot easier. Still gotta make adjustments and deal with CC23 GOAT, but I'm damned happy with how far we've got considering our obstacles at the beginning of the season.

<--------------- GM of The Forever

woodchuck

Meier said:
Our opponents tonight have no one in double digits on rebounding.. only 1 guy over 6.4. Booth and Reggie should have a lot of fun. :D

but they all specialize in shooting. maybe they never miss so they cant get any offensive rebounds

Top Bottom