• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

Um, TeamGAF has 4 players and NeoGAF has 5 players. You guys should combine teams.

TeamGAF:

Monta Ellis G
Tracy McGrady F
Andre Miller G
Dwyane Wade G

NeoGAF:

Marco Belinelli G
Chris Dudley F
Mark Eaton F
Anthony Randolph F
John Stockton G

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Someone needs to photoshop a nice, big broom with all you scrub teams' names on it.

Ooooooooh. I hope Monta or Wade is still active.

DY_nasty said:
Someone needs to photoshop a nice, big broom with all you scrub teams' names on it.

Ooooooooh. I hope Monta or Wade is still active.

Doesn't matter. You got the greatest all-around player of all time back!

methodman

Banned
I'm still active dammit (Monta Ellis)! I didn't know about this thread until yesterday so I have no team. Any team need a PG?

DCX

DCX
methodman said:
I'm still active dammit (Monta Ellis)! I didn't know about this thread until yesterday so I have no team. Any team need a PG?
There are two teams with players on them. Neogaf and TeamGAF. combine forces, start a new team under the NeoGAF banner and go from there.

DCX

DCX

DCX
l_ff0eebfe6b46a5bf102ea4c92aec0ad2.jpg

Presenting the new Team NeoGAF 2.0 logo.

DCX

Enron

Banned
I cant believe that GAF's first team now only has 4 players. 6 players and the coach bailed!

ACEN's VICTORY OVER TEAMGAF SHATTERED THE TEAM!!!!1!

DCX

DCX
Enron said:
I cant believe that GAF's first team now only has 4 players. 6 players and the coach bailed!

ACEN's VICTORY OVER TEAMGAF SHATTERED THE TEAM!!!!1!
After our coach bailed we had no choice but to upgrade. So, with proper financial support and sponsors, 2.0 has taken shape to form a team that is capable of making a run at the championship for season to come. The remaining players from the two teams left can reload and form a decent team themselves with proper training and coaching.

DCX

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
if you want a professional artist to vectorize your logo, you'd have to give up the machine, kthxbye.
Come on bro, i offered the sign and trade with the Machine and Mason, Mason balked i released Machine and he came back with a new promise of a starting gig. Mason wants no part of 2.0 and Machine wants no part of the bench. It's Machine's time to shine!

DCX

Enron

Banned
DCX said:
Come on bro, i offered the sign and trade with the Machine and Mason, Mason balked i released Machine and he came back with a new promise of a starting gig. Mason wants no part of 2.0 and Machine wants no part of the bench. It's Machine's time to shine!

DCX

A good GM knows how to keep a championship squad together. Peace homie!

Meier

AirBrian said:
Um, TeamGAF has 4 players and NeoGAF has 5 players. You guys should combine teams.

TeamGAF:

Monta Ellis G
Tracy McGrady F
Andre Miller G
Dwyane Wade G

NeoGAF:

Marco Belinelli G
Chris Dudley F
Mark Eaton F
Anthony Randolph F
John Stockton G
That's pretty much a perfect set up. They just need one more SF/scoring PF and they've got a great team again.

Meier

AirBrian said:
Yeah, it would be really nice if the OP was updated with everyone's players and CR names and team captains bolded or something.
Okay, will try and update as best I can. If people can respond with their player name that would be great.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Meier said:
That's pretty much a perfect set up. They just need one more SF/scoring PF and they've got a great team again.

a spot for Dennis? Nah. Half those guys quit.

Meier

Went back through the thread and updated the OP as best I can. If you're not identified, please respond and I will add your info.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Meier said:
Went back through the thread and updated the OP as best I can. If you're not identified, please respond and I will add your info.

You need a free agent pool

AirBrian

Nice job, Meier! :)

And damn, TeamGAF and NeoGAF really need to join up. Let's go, fellas!

EDIT: And cyborg is Mark Price on our team.

DY_nasty

Awesome update to the OP. Just so you know, Karakand is Cedric Ceballos.

And don't worry about it Rodeo, this is pre-season game for us anyways.

Meier

Holy crap, Popeye with the monster game on the boards... why didn't Reggie grab more?! I swear I don't understand this game.

Noel 4-8 on free throws with more FT skill than Harold Miner who goes 9-10! What a LeBron like night from the line...

DCX

DCX
Rough game fellas, we still won and that's what counts. Things pick up after a few days of training. Great game by Miner. Popeye had a monster day on the boards and Booth displaying his great D once again. Starks had a ho-hum night. Our PGs did great and Reggie has trouble staying on the court :) 1-0 on the happy train.

DCX

Code:
    Name	POS	FGM-A	3PM-A	FTM-A	OFF	DEF	TOT	AST	STL	BLK	TO	PTS
T. Machine 	G	7 - 12	0 - 1	2 - 5	1	3	4	3	1	0	3	16
W. Smith 	G	5 - 10	0 - 0	3 - 3	0	7	7	2	2	2	1	13
R. Fils-Aime 	F	4 - 8	0 - 0	0 - 0	1	3	4	2	0	1	1	8
N. Gallagher 	G	3 - 5	1 - 1	4 - 8	0	2	2	4	2	2	0	11
K. McFail 	F	2 - 8	0 - 0	0 - 0	1	2	3	0	2	0	0	4
J. Starks 	G	3 - 9	0 - 3	3 - 6	2	6	8	2	1	3	2	9
C. Booth 	F	6 - 10	0 - 0	2 - 5	6	7	13	0	1	0	1	14
H. Miner 	G	5 - 12	0 - 0	9 - 10	4	2	6	2	0	0	3	19
P. Jones 	F	3 - 12	0 - 0	2 - 4	4	14	18	4	0	2	0	8
M. Price 	G	3 - 8	1 - 3	2 - 4	3	0	3	4	1	1	1	9

Code:
    Name	POS	FGM-A	3PM-A	FTM-A	OFF	DEF	TOT	AST	STL	BLK	TO	PTS
M. Belinelli 	G	7 - 15	3 - 6	1 - 1	3	1	4	6	1	1	0	18
C. Dudley 	F	4 - 9	0 - 0	0 - 0	2	5	7	1	0	1	1	8
J. Stockton 	G	2 - 8	1 - 3	3 - 4	1	2	3	8	1	0	1	8
A. Randolph 	F	5 - 8	0 - 0	1 - 1	1	6	7	2	0	4	1	11
M. Eaton 	F	7 - 10	0 - 0	0 - 0	1	8	9	1	1	2	4	14

The Machine off to a great start with a good shooting percentage. 3 TOs hurt a bit though

woodchuck

DCX said:
Rough game fellas, we still won and that's what counts. Things pick up after a few days of training. Great game by Miner. Popeye had a monster day on the boards and Booth displaying his great D once again. Starks had a ho-hum night. Our PGs did great and Reggie has trouble staying on the court :) 1-0 on the happy train.

DCX

I think we gotta work on our defense. they shot pretty well.

and we seem to also be leaving a lot of points at the FT line (but miner is a beast at FTs apparently).

offensively, i think we should be fine though. McFail and Starks generally don't have nights like that.

DY_nasty

Shuttlesworth needs to go easy on the strippers, this is his first bad game like... ever.

HOW-EVER

Big men seem to work well together, I'm going to give Mason one more shot at the starting job and we'll see if he can actually score against his shadow this time.

kruskev

will smith only had 2 assists even though I pumped up pass and ball handling... also had coaching sliders set to pass more, man this sim is weird.

NewLib

Banned
woodchuck said:

and we seem to also be leaving a lot of points at the FT line (but miner is a beast at FTs apparently).

offensively, i think we should be fine though. McFail and Starks generally don't have nights like that.

I trade to build Miner as a slasher from day 1 and this is only the 2nd game is has acted like one. His FT Shooting is only 31 though so I have no idea how he went 9/10.

woodchuck said:

Their starters had quite a bit of size on us. Either The Machine or Gallagher had to guard a pretty big Anthony Randoplh

DCX

DCX
It is weird, although you gotta read the way the sim works. It's like rock, paper, sicssors. Not to much to do with the actual stat number, but how each player matches up with another. .

So Starks may be the best three point shooter on the team, but if he is matched up against a guy with a high D he won't hit them. If a Noel has a lower three stat and a guy defends him is a low D guy, he'll hit 4-5. It's weird but that's the system in place.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Jamesfrom818 said:
Their starters had quite a bit of size on us. Either The Machine or Gallagher had to guard a pretty big Anthony Randoplh
Yeah, i was thinking of Starting Booth in place of Noel but at 6'6 i thought he would "fine" at SF.

DCX

woodchuck

DCX said:
Yeah, i was thinking of Starting Booth in place of Noel but at 6'6 i thought he would "fine" at SF.

DCX

i dont know if that's a good idea since starters/bench play equal minutes. our bench would get killed due to lack of height.

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
i dont know if that's a good idea since starters/bench play equal minutes. our bench would get killed due to lack of height.
For tonights game due to playing big guys. I'm going to keep a two F and 3 guard system, what will change are which two and three depending on the foe

DCX

DY_nasty

We play a 5 man roster tomorrow so I'll be able to get a better feel for this line-up. I can't help but think that Felton and Jesus won't mesh though.

I see it as 1, maybe 2 spots open in the starting line-up.

The point guard spot and the 3rd forward spot. Slava is making it really hard to keep him out the starting line-up. The Garbage Man and Medvendo sounds so sexy right now.

Top Bottom