• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

DCX

DCX
Starks had an MVP performance last night as we pulled off a great victory. We play a Pro team tonight...yikes.

DCX

Meier

DCX said:
2.0 takes down a Pro A team, yeah that's right a Pro team. Suck it down bitches! :lol

DCX
:D :D Awesome stuff! Reggie in beast mode on the glass.. off night shooting for Noel but it's all good.

Preston looking good for ACEN.

SyNapSe

I'm sure most of GAF knows this but I just finally read what the sliders do.. that helps make sense of things a bit. Kind of bizarre that setting to conservative defense actually lowers your defense number.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SyNapSe said:
I'm sure most of GAF knows this but I just finally read what the sliders do.. that helps make sense of things a bit. Kind of bizarre that setting to conservative defense actually lowers your defense number.

Melo plays conservative D

Meier

Oh snap, epic 2.0 vs ACEN showdown tonight and I'm gonna miss it because I'll be at a concert. Should be HUGE! Both teams playing great ball.

DCX

DCX
Meier said:
Oh snap, epic 2.0 vs ACEN showdown tonight and I'm gonna miss it because I'll be at a concert. Should be HUGE! Both teams playing great ball.
It sure is indeed an Epic night and minus 2 PCs that have died on me, i have still been able to maintain training
for this game. It's time to take ACEN down once and for all.

DCX

Branduil

You might take us down once but you certainly won't take us down for all.

Until you buy off all our good players, of course.

Branduil said:
You might take us down once but you certainly won't take us down for all.

Until you buy off all our good players, of course.
ACENS and Barons are now blood brothers through betrayal. i will be rooting for you tonight.

Blackace

I moved my sliders from fathering kids to playing dirty for tonight's game

Blackace

They handled us pretty well... they had no answer for Kemp.

Blackace

woodchuck said:
so hows 2.0 doing? hows my boy booth?

DPoY had trouble with Father of the Year tonight... but played well on O and they got the W

Malleymal said:
updates? I'm not home...
Blown out. This is why I didn't want to challenge Roto... We need wins now, Rating points later.

OH SHIT WE PLAY TEAM NEOGAF 2.0 NEXT?? BARONS I WANT ALL HANDS ON DECK NOW!!!!

Birdman02

Enron had the opportunity to get Mark Price last season. You guys would've been stuck with the far inferior John Stockton.

I was really interested to see how Stockton would respond to this unwarranted attack when ACEN and 2.0 went head-2-head...

Tonight:
Stockton - 7 pts, 7 ast, 2 reb
Price - 1 pt, 5 ast, 1 reb

And for the season:
Stockton - 9.2 pts, 8.9 ast, 5.7 reb
Price - 4.5 pts, 6.6 ast, 1.8 reb

I wouldn't really say Stockton is a far inferior player!!! Sure, 2.0 got the win tonight, but I am confident that ACEN will bounce back tomorrow night and play well the rest of the season!!!

Birdman02 said:
I was really interested to see how Stockton would respond to this unwarranted attack when ACEN and 2.0 went head-2-head...

Tonight:
Stockton - 7 pts, 7 ast, 2 reb
Price - 1 pt, 5 ast, 1 reb

And for the season:
Stockton - 9.2 pts, 8.9 ast, 5.7 reb
Price - 4.5 pts, 6.6 ast, 1.8 reb

I wouldn't really say Stockton is a far inferior player!!! Sure, 2.0 got the win tonight, but I am confident that ACEN will bounce back tomorrow night and play well the rest of the season!!!
I actually mentioned in the chat that Stockton's been playing incredibly well this season.

Last season, Price was close to league MVP, and that's what my previous comment was referring to. No denying that Stockton is having a better year so far, though. Price still has the better attributes, but Stockton's has the better stats.

I also mentioned in the chat how this win was an improvement for NeoGAF 2.0 over last year's one point win over ACEN.

Branduil

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I also mentioned in the chat how this win was an improvement for NeoGAF 2.0 over last year's one point win over ACEN.
Well 2.0 certainly improved its ability to steal players.

Enron

Banned
What the hell? We played 2.0 this early in the season? Who the hell accepted that challenge?

i thought we were gonna save these till the midpoint at least!

pilonv1

Enron said:
What the hell? We played 2.0 this early in the season? Who the hell accepted that challenge?

you can do 2 challenges a season this year i think

Birdman02

No doubt Price has the better attributes...I have just been surprised with how well Stockton has played so far. I was shocked that he got a triple double
against a filler team
in the 1st or 2nd game of the season!! He seems to fit the role of 2nd point guard pretty nicely....so far.

Blackace

viakado said:
im calling it. 2.0 is going down tomorrow. book it. if barons lose, i give permission to Blackace to change my tag.

I am so close to changing it to "I don't need permisson" :lol :lol

Kemp has been picking up the scoring slack so far. I need to keep it up!

Enron said:

Pistol Pete Maravich of ACEN challenged 2.0

:lol

Actually, I rejected their challenge at first, and then issued one of my own because I figured what the hell -- if we (ACEN at the time) were going to beat 2.0, it would be early in the season when the point differential was rather small.

I was looking at the list, Barons. Scouting Team NeoGAF 2.0. Breaking down their rosters. Reading their boxscores. I know their weakness... I know how we break them down tomorrow. We're gonna be on them like a hurricane.

Branduil

Kemp was by far our best bench player last night. Preston was alright. Stockton, Morrison, and Bol shot a combined 3-21. :( That's what killed us right there.

I see that Maravich didn't contribute much to 2.0's win, however.

Meier

The Frankman said:
I was looking at the list, Barons. Scouting Team NeoGAF 2.0. Breaking down their rosters. Reading their boxscores. I know their weakness... I know how we break them down tomorrow. We're gonna be on them like a hurricane.
:lol Ahh you crack me up Frankie. I don't expect it to happen, but who knows, maybe you guys do pull it off. Your posts are always amusing though.

Let's get some Stephen F. Smith on tonight's matchup..

Top Bottom